Reviews for Photographs in the Wind
Guest chapter 44 . 12/12/2014
JDorsey314 chapter 50 . 10/25/2014
ahh. you know, I just noticed something for the first time, really. your cheerfull attitude. especially in A/N's. and again, I would like to thank you for writing another great fanfic. that takes up a lot of my time, but doesn't waste it. another fanfic by you that I am glad I read. that makes.. all of them, now! I think. if there is a fanfic of yours that I have not yet read, it is an urgent matter that will not wait. I might convince it to wait until tomorrow morning. the current time is 12:45. dang! stop doing this to me! I'm going to be real tired tomorrow. however, I'm pretty sure that this is worth it.
and when I read is not something an author has control over. maybe the site could have some built-in scripty thing that checks the current time when you click a link and, when appropriate, redirects you to a page that says "go to sleeeeep" instead.
JDorsey314 chapter 35 . 10/25/2014
ZING! Tobias finally speaks his mind! wee-hee. I kind of thought it was cool that he never did in the original series. that no matter how obnoxious or hurtful marco was, tobias never tried to get revenge. cool, but not so cool that this isn't cool. haha!
JDorsey314 chapter 28 . 10/25/2014
I read the first 1 1/2 paragraphs of this. And I have no right to tell you what to do. but... I don't think the animorphs do drugs. quite simply, I think that literature does not need to be as bad as the world. and because of that, if it can be better at all, it must be. applegate nailed it. and you didn't.
maybe I should give you the benefit of the doubt, or some equally unreasonable benefit. I did not read this chapter. but it appears to me that they all smoke pot and I am not sure reading this chapter is absolutely necessary. If you have read your reviews on your books, you have met me. if you have met me, you know I love your every word. the new dawn, the kelbrid wars, and all of the books that fit into the original series. I think that you are one of the worlds greatest authors. and it might have seemed up untill this point that I always leave a good review of anything you write. but you now know it is not the only thing I am capable of doing.
heck, I might not actually have known. but not everything you write is perfect. I do not like this particular chapter.
however, I liked every other chapter so far. and I will not stop reading now. even if I disagree with you on a few things, you write the best books of anyone here. and this will not be a common occurrence: me telling you I don't like something you wrote, I mean. and it will most likely never happen again. I really do like your books!
one chapter 1 . 10/3/2014
mistrali chapter 14 . 10/30/2012
This is almost... a counterpoint to "Broken Wings". The gun metaphor worked really see Tobias perform this quintessentially hawk action - killing - that he could never have dreamt of as the gentle human he used to be. It's precise, but necessary, and it feels like Tobias has come to terms with his role as predator and become a stronger person exactly because he's willing to do what needs to be done.

It's also a clean kill in the double sense that it's both tidy and morally clean, in comparison to all the killing these kids've had to do in the war (granted, Tobias swoops around in hawk form blinding people most of the time). Not sure if you intended that interpretation or if I'm just reading too much into it.
mistrali chapter 11 . 10/30/2012
I wonder, though, if Jordan has been witnessing Rachel's nightmares for two whole years, why she hasn't gone to Naomi yet. Good point about Jordan's age, but I feel like this is set too far after #2 to be plausible.
mistrali chapter 4 . 10/30/2012
This sets up the same "hawk or human?" dilemma, on a smaller scale, that #3 and #23 dealt with, but here's it's not entangled with Big Plot Issues, so it hit home for me, much more than the rabbit incident in #23.

Tobias's comment on the eagle's magnificence strikes me as typical of him; he seems the type to appreciate beauty. This piece highlights his humanity beautifully, while never detracting from his identity as a hawk. The way you've handled it here feels more wholesome than in canon. It feels like Tobias is more at peace with himself. Not necessarily satisfied, but definitely less conflicted.
Bird of Poetry chapter 50 . 10/24/2012
Each of these drabbles shines like a little gem. I think your Marco POV is especially good. My favorites were 26, 27, 41, and 47.
Milou chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
This was positively adorable! Now I want to find someone to kiss, just for the heck of it! (I'm kidding lol) But it was cute :)
iris129 chapter 50 . 10/9/2012
Aaaaand, I'm back. For the final one. Huh. Anyways, this is nice. Loved the Jake and Tobias interaction.
Sweetbriar chapter 50 . 10/8/2012
I'm flattered that my suggestion was useful! And I love what you did with it - the relationship dynamics in this chapter are great. I love the way you managed to address Jake and Tobias' perspectives on their relationships while also giving us a glimpse into the way the characters think about the war at this point in time. The way you brought in Marco's situation really pointedly showed how seriously all the Animorphs are thinking about the implications in their own lives: I like that you addressed the way that made it more real to the still-usually-human members of the group.
Wredan chapter 50 . 10/8/2012
Its about time you updated lol. About the chapter-its a touching addition to the fic.
kimjledford chapter 50 . 10/8/2012
Well this has been a fun journey. I know there have definitely been chapters with themes similar to this chapter, so it's kinda repetitive, but that's part of the point, I think, and I love that: the normalcy of a hero, the way everyone can see themself in the different characters at different times. Though I am fond of action scenes, and I'd always love to read more of those. Nice wrap-up; can't wait to see what you have up next.
kimjledford chapter 49 . 9/25/2012
Good flashback scene. Now even I have to cringe at salt. On microwave pizza? Gross. Can't wait for the epic conclusion of number 50.