Reviews for Castling
lauhall chapter 19 . 9/2
That was amazing, had me at the edge of my chair the entire time, you did a great job, Congrats.
InkyCoffee chapter 19 . 7/31
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! MOLLY! WHAT A FREAKING FANTASTIC FIC! I WAS SOBBING AND THEN THINGS GOT SO TENSE I WAS PACING AS I READ BECAUSE I COULDN'T STAY STILL. YOU ARE INCREDIBLE! I CAN'T BELIEVE I HADN'T READ THIS! YOU'RE AMAZING AND SUCH A GIFT TO THE FANDOM! IS THERE ANYTHING YOU CAN'T DO? SORRY THIS IS INCOHERENT I JUST HAVE TOO MANY FEELS ATTACKING ME AND IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT. DON'T EVER STOP.
*DIES*
-Lou
GoodByeApathy2 chapter 19 . 7/9
Not the first time Ive read this, and still as good. So much better then the crap we were fed S8. Great story.
Meg Moore chapter 19 . 4/30
Uuuuugh Molly. Damn girl. This was good. Terribly angsty, yes, but I loved the sweet glimpses into how happy they had been before everything went down. Kate's determination to get to the bottom of what really happened that day, Castle's determination to escape and get back to the Kate...dear god, the love and devastation that they both felt was infused into everything. I know you're known for your funny material, but you do angst a service, truly. This was a fantastic read and I'm so grateful you shared it and stuck with it until the end.

As a side note...can they have this ending? Can they hide out from LokSat on a tropical island? Spend their time lounging on the beach and making babies and just generally living happily ever after? Yes? PLEASE? :)
One of the best stories ever! Excellent character interpretation and storyline was very compelling. Thank you! Hope to read more Caskett from you!
Chelypdj chapter 19 . 1/15
Good one too, love it you should make a sequel
Dani-doo chapter 19 . 11/10/2015
Wow. I mean wow. Seriously, I don't know how I've never read this. I'm actually not entirely sure I've never read it. It wouldn't have mattered if I had read it a thousand times. As soon as I read the first page, I was hooked. This story is...just amazing. I feel speechless but also the overwhelming urge to flail all over you about how much I enjoyed this story. I know it's a departure from what you normally write but man, you killed it with this one. I know it was like a year ago that you finished this, but I really wanted to leave you a review so you knew how much I enjoyed this.
IOwnABoat chapter 19 . 9/10/2015
Wow...heartbreaking and tragic, exciting and suspenseful, and ultimately ending with the two of them in a place where they're the safest - with each other. I loved this!

I'd really love to see a continuation of this but I guess it was such a labour of love the first time round that it's unlikely...but I wish I knew how they got off that island and back to their lives.
IOwnABoat chapter 2 . 9/9/2015
So apparently I've made it my mission today to read every Castle story you have posted here...

So far, this is definitely your most intriguing effort. So far, I'm really enjoying it, and very eager to see where you go with it (and very thankful that it's a finished story!)
Guest chapter 19 . 8/8/2015
" ("Just like Lost!" Castle told her days later, delighted.), but once on the plane and another time after they'd landed, she'd been hazily aware of Castle beside her, his head pressed into her"

*CLENCHING MY CHEST*

I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY THAT IS NOT A REPEAT. BLESS YOU

" Kate slips her fingers into his, lets him pull her down beside him. She presses against him, the warmth of his skin welcome even here on the warmth of the beach. She remembers the endless cold without him."

STOP MAKING ME CRY

THIS IS SO GOOD

PLEASE NEVER STOP WRITING

That's right , Kate thinks, her heart shattering with love. I remember now . She wraps her arms around Castle, her mouth on his, her eyes still open to see him. And in the light of a new day bursting all around them, she knows the truth of it. The grace.

This isn't a story about how they died.

It's the story of how they live.

(It always, always is.)

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH I DONT WANT THIS TO BE OVER YET

BUT IT IS SO GOOD AND PERFECT

EVEN FOR A REREAD

OH HOW I LOVE THIS CASTLING

AGAIN AND FOREVER, THANK YOU FOR WRITING THIS THE WAY YOU WRITE

333
Guest chapter 18 . 8/8/2015
" "Sometimes I feel like…" Castle takes a shuddery breath. "I feel like you would be better off if you'd never met me. If some other detective had gotten that case. Sometimes it seems like I'm done nothing but bring you trouble and grief. How can you not regret that?"

"No." Her stomach flips and no, he can't possibly think that. The only thing worse than losing Castle would be to have never had him at all. He has to understand."

HELP ME, I AM DEAD.

" "I love you," Kate says again, a fierce whisper in his ear. "I could never regret you. I love you, and God, Castle, I thought you were dead. The whole time, I believed them. I did exactly what they wanted. You got away on ." The words are heavy and thick in her chest. Sticky. She has to shove them out. "I've been no use to you at all."

And there it is.

Castle makes a weird, broken sound. "Kate. No. You're what saved me." His voice is rough and desperate against her ear. "Every day, every minute, no matter how they tried to break me, it was you that got me through it. Thinking of you. Loving you.""

HELP. I JUST DIED AGAIN.

*ROLLING IN AGONY OVER THIS PAIN IN MY CHEST*

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

" "He hit me?" she asks, confused, but then there's an explosion of pain so great her vision tunnels.

"You're going to be fine," Castle gasps, his voice hoarse and broken. "Do you hear me Kate? You have to be fine!""

*SCREAAAMINGGGGG*
Guest chapter 17 . 8/8/2015
" Slowly she opens her eyes, joy exploding in her like Christmas morning as she's hit with the reality of Castle surrounding her, his leg heavy across her thighs, his face buried in her neck. This isn't a nightmare that's going to turn on her, leaving her alone and adrift, reaching for a pill. Castle's really here, curled around her in this strange bed."

it makes my heart soaring with relief amd happiness for beckett

SUCH RELIEF AND HAPPINESS

" "Detective Beckett, Mr. Castle." It's Smith, his suit rumpled, a dark smear on his forehead that looks like blood. Kate forces herself to breathe and tries not to choke on her own heartbeat. She grabs Castle's hand and squeezes. Okay. Not dead yet. Okay. "

- Did i just say RELIEF AND HAPPINESS ?

*mocking HA HA at myself*

"She grabs Castle's hand and squeezes. Okay. Not dead yet. Okay." - THIS IS SO GOOD, THOUGH (AS LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE. EVERYTHING IN THIS STORY IS SO GOOD) *CLAPPING*

" She's extra shrill and panicky, but since she's climbing out of a second story window in her shirt and underwear, her jeans in one hand while she tries to prop up Castle with the other, she figures she gets a pass."

YOU. ARE SO GOOD IN DETAIL TIDBITS THAT MAKING EVERYTHING YOU WRITE FEEL SO REAL AND VIVIDLY GOOD.

NO WAIT. SCRATCH "SO GOOD" . YOU ARE AMAZINGLY GOOD.

" "Hey." Castle reaches up and wraps his hand around her ankle. "Not joking. Together again is everything." He frowns, suddenly confused, his hand running up her calf. "You're not wearing any pants."

And there, hanging over a fire escape, fleeing - again - into the dark of night from unseen foes so powerful they're probably already as good as dead, Kate feels it.. A warmth, swelling against her ribs. A feeling of lightless almost forgotten. Happiness."

I CAN FEEL IT TOOOOOOOOOO

I FEEL IT IN MY FINGERS~
I FEEL. T IN MY TOEEEEES~
LOVE IS ALL AROUND MEEEE~
AND SO THE FEELINGS GROWSS~~~

*happy sigh*

" "And now we will definitely get shot in the next five minutes," Castle mutters against her ear. "Obviously." And Kate feels herself start to smile.

"It won't matter," she answers slowly, her banter rusty from disuse. "We're dead anyway. Smith showed us his face, so now he has to kill us."

"No need for that Detective Beckett," Smith says without turning around. "Blinding you should suffice."

"Did Smith just make a joke?" Castle asks. He lets out a laugh. "Like this day hasn't been shocking enough." He rolls into Kate and buries his face in her hair, his laughter warm puffs against her ear, and for half a moment everything is normal and right."
- *DRAWING HEART ALL OVER THIS FIC BECAUSE IT IS SO DAM GOOD AND SMART AND VERY WE DONE*

" Kate feels Castle take a huge gulp of air. "Well, shit, Espo, I don't know. I'm not actually dead yet, so I think you're going to have to work a little harder."

Even in the dark Kate can see Esposito's smile. "I've really missed you, bro," he says, and then Kate's crying, even while laughter still bubbles up inside her."

CASSSSTLEEEEEEEEEEEE I MISSS YOU TOOOOOOO

AND AWWWWWWW ESPO 3
Guest chapter 16 . 8/8/2015
" Castle comes to in the backseat of the car, his head in Kate's lap, her cold fingers cupped around his jaw. She's shaking so hard his teeth are rattling."

- WHY ARE YOU SO GOOD AT THIS!? WHY!

I LOVE YOU

" Now he takes a shuddering breath and turns his head into her stomach, suddenly unable to face her."

MY HEARRRRTTT

" "Castle?" Kate's whole body tenses, her voice wrecked. Her fingers tremble even harder in his hair and against his cheek as she tries to get her eyes on his face."

I DON'THAVE A HEART ANYMORE. IT'S DEAD. COMBUSTED. EATEN AND TAKEN AWAY MY A PREDATOR BIRD.

BUT

WHAT IS THIS FEEEEEELINNNNN IN MY CHEEESSSTTTT THAT IS KILLLLLIIIINGGGG MEEEE

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

" What he said earlier… Kate tries to stop it but the image rises up anyway. Castle, hurt, alone, at the mercy of that madman - Turk - from the warehouse. Chained to a bed for two months …She grits her teeth against the sobs rising up her throat, squeezes her eyes against the tears.

No. She's not giving in. Kate takes a deep breath and pretends she can't feel the lump in her throat. Ignores the burning behind her eyes as she watches over Castle while he sleeps."

*ROLLING STUMBLY TOWARDS THE CLIFF*

you have no idea how much i love this story. how i love the way you write this story. i love it. SO MUCH

I LOVE THIS

SO MUCH

SO MUCH ITS HUURRRRRRTSSSSS (in a good way)

" Kate's hovering over him, one hand lightly on his hip. "Careful," she whispers, and then skims her hands up his sides, urging his arms up. Castle manages to lift enough for her to pull the scrub top over his head. "We have to be…" Kate freezes, his shirt still clenched in her hand, her eyes huge.

"Kate?" Castle can't think straight, but he he feels how stiff she's abruptly become, how somehow it's like she's not touching him, even though she hasn't moved. "What…"

Kate inhales, a strangled breath that catches in her chest, and she folds over as if in slow motion, her arms braced on either side of his head, her head buried in his neck. She's saying something - he can barely hear her
over the roaring in his ears, but,

"I'm sorry," she's choking out against his throat, sorrysorrysorrysorrysorry over and over, a broken string of sound."

KILL ME

JUST KILL ME

OMG *STABBING MY HOLLOWLESS CHEST*

" No. No. His heart twists sharp in his chest. He knew she would believe this; would blame herself. They wanted her to believe it, and Castle is filled with a pain and rage for her that's physically painful, like his ribs are being flayed from the inside out.

He half sits up and palms her face, furious. They meant to do this to her, and he'll be fucking damned forever if he'll let them win. "It's not your fault," he says, fierce. She has to believe him. "It's not.""

MY RIBS FEEL LIKE BEING FLAYED FROM THE INSIDE OUT TOO.

IT FEELS LIKE ALL MY RIBS ARE SNAPPING ITSELF TO HALF AND START MAKING AN ARMY TO STAB MY DYING BODY OVER AND OVER AGAIN

I DON'T EVEN MAKE ANY SENSE

IT GOT MY BRAIN TOO

MY BRAIN IS EXPLODED BY ALL THE GREATNESS OF THIS STORY WRITING

" "I love you," he manages, breathless. The only thought he can hold in his mind.

"I love you too," she gets out, her voice wrecked with the tears. "I love you so much.""

AND I AM DEAD
Guest chapter 15 . 8/8/2015
" "Kate?" he whispers, his voice rough and scraped out. "Oh my God, Kate." He staggers to his feet, his leg barely holding his weight, and takes a halting step toward her.

Kate can't move. All at once she's shaking so violently her teeth slam together; bites her tongue so hard she tastes blood.

Castle takes two more steps and stops, swaying where he stands. He smiles, his lips trembling, tears catching at the corner of his mouth. "Hey," he whispers. He holds out his hand, like he's nervous, like she won't - "It's… it's me." Solid and real and right here and something cracks in her chest, the universe snapping back into place.

And then Kate's slamming into him, heedless of his leg, his chest. His arms are locking around her and they are sinking to the floor, his warmth and his scent surrounding her. His tears are wet against her temple, the skin of his neck hot and salty against her mouth, his heartbeat strong strong strong in her ears.

He's alive."

*TEARS IN MY EYEEEESSS*

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU FOR BEING SO INCREDIBLE IN WRITING THIS PERFECT MEETING SCENE

I LOVE YOU

" Someone's crying. Huge, choking sobs; animal sounds, loud in the quiet, stagnant air of Kate's apartment. It takes Castle a second to realize that it's him. He's the one making that desperate, broken noise.

He's keening ; sobbing so hard he can't see or catch his breath. He's holding Kate so close it has to be hurting her, his fingers digging into her back, the other arm wrapped low around her hips, dragging her against him so tightly he can't tell where he ends and she begins.

Shit, his chest is burning and his leg is torqued underneath him at an excruciating angle, but he can't move, can't let go of her, everything in him screaming that if he does she will disappear like smoke. Positive that he will wake up alone surrounded by white walls and an empty silence, broken only by Turk whispering in his ear that Kate is dead."

- CASSSSTLLLEEEEEEE *BAWLING AGAIN* *BAWLING FOREVER OVER HOW GOOD EVERYTHING IS WRITTEN*

" Kate pulls back, her cheek sliding against his, her face barely an inch from his. Her eyes are running over his face and she must find whatever it is she's looking for because her quivering lips turn up even as the tears skate down her cheeks.

"Castle," she says, like it's a discovery."

- *CRYING FOREVER CRYING*

" And then she's kissing him, his mouth, his eyes. Her hands are in his hair, her arms around his neck, her legs intertwined with his, and the relief, the overwhelming fact of her, is too much to contain. It keeps tearing out of him, great choking sobs he can't control, because every sense is filled with Kate and he's finally home.*

- *STABBING MYSELF TO STOP ALL THE SOMERSAULT OF EMOTIONS*

" "Where have you been?" she finally gasps against his throat, all tears and snot, her arms snaking tighter. "What happened?" What happened . So stupid. Like he was late getting home from the store and hadn't called to let her know."

- I LOVE that. SO MUCH

" Castle moves his hand along her thigh, his thumb stroking the inside of her knee to comfort and soothe, just like he always used to. Kate's heart stutters and flips in her chest, and tears rush to her eyes as she's hit again by the wondrous impossibility of this moment.

No. Not numb."

- *CRYING AGAIN* *THROWING MYSELF OFF THE CLIFF TO LIVE WITH PREDATOR BIRD AS ITS FOOD STOCK*

" "Sorry, guys," Castle says to the silent group. He's punchy with exhaustion, trying for levity to block out the pain, his teeth gritted as he forces his legs to keep moving. "One too many explosions today, I guess. I need to work out more. No chance for exercise when you've been chained to a bed for months, you know?"

Kate flinches so hard she knocks him off balance.

"Sorry!" she gasps, tightening her grip around his waist, holding him upright. She swallows hard, and even though she's facing him she's not meeting his eyes. "God, Castle. I'm so, so sorry.""

- THAT IS SO BRILLIANTLY WELL DONE THAT I AM CRYING OVER IT AND CAN'T STOP REREADING IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN
Guest chapter 14 . 8/8/2015
" The phone. He called Esposito. Her stomach clenches hard as she remembers all the missed calls from the last hour. Castle was trying to call her and she missed it because she was letting herself get framed from murder. But…but….

Castle was trying to call her."

I WANT TO CRY

*PRESSING MY FACE FLAT TO A PILLOW AND MAKE KEENING NOISES*

"Espo," Kate chokes out, the something breaking loose smashing against her ribs, her heart. As the impossible
all at once isn't. "He's alive ?"

"He was as of fifteen minutes ago. But something happened, someone got to him. We have to find him fast, Beckett."

Kate can't catch her breath, can't think, doesn't even have a second to really hope, because someone got to him, but he's alive, he's alive, he's alive ."

HE IS ALLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEE! ! ! ! !

"Kate steps over the threshold and stops dead as all the blood rushes from her head.

Castle's lying on her couch."

*THROWING MY HEART OFF THE CLIFF TO BE EATEN BY AN EAGLE OR WHATEVER PREDATOR BIRD LIVING ON A CLIFF*

WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH FIIIINAAALLLLYYYYYYYYY