Reviews for Mirror Image
jean.say.hi chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Absolutely sweet! I love it!
HAFanForever chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
Awww, that's so cute how Elinor is watching Merida spend time with the boys and being a great big sister to them. I think they're not, as this age, willing to take archery lessons seriously, but I had a hunch that Merida would bribe them to do so with sweets, because they'll do anything if sweets are at stake. Of course, I expected her to say that they can't have them unless they hit a bulls-eye...but they outnumber her, so they knock her to the ground and steal the cakes. But she's enjoying this moment with them, so she gives them a big hug.

I agree with what you said on how by looking at Merida in situations like this, Elinor has begun to realize that she doesn't know much about Merida outside of her royal responsibilities. Although she might have concern about how Merida has some impulsive actions, I think she'd be proud of her in ways, too. She was definitely proud of Merida for her courage and sense of responsibility in the scene where she stops the fighting between the clans, and I think in her own way, she is proud of Merida for being so skilled in archery. But she can see how capable Merida is as well, so that gives her the confidence that Merida will become a great ruler like she wants her to be.

It was a long way to go, but it definitely seemed that turning into a bear was able to give Elinor a new perspective on the type of person that Merida is. Oh, I do think that Merida will forgive her mom, if she hasn't entirely yet, but since they love each other, that's what can help to do it. But your last sentence makes sense, because the more Elinor pushed Merida to be a royal example, she went too far and made herself a control freak (maybe that's too strong a word, but I think you get what I mean).

Good story. :)
Wra1thRid3r chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
Well, well, well! The girl can write, after all. Hahaha I knew it.

Great freakin' job Cowgirl! Minor grammar things aside, I am extremely glad you decided to finally post your stories here. Also, what's even better is that even though I have never even seen "Brave" I was able to get a firm grasp as to how the characters interacted with each other in the film, as well as a basic understaning of the film's plot. But what's coolest is that I could have not even known anything about this film whatsoever and still grasp the message you were conveying to your audience. That's special. Keep it up and keep rockin'!

WR
Penny of Sinnoh chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
Short-n-sweet! A very cute one-shot. :) I especially love the line "It's hard to believe I had to change species to realize how wonderful she is."
TwilightPrncss chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
That was almost perfect! Just go back and edit this one sentence: "I don't think she already has". The way it is worded, it means that Merida has not forgiven her mother...I think you want to say "I think she already has".
Graystripe64 chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
Sweet and short - I love it!
Moonlight Calls chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
Love this and you have no idea how LONG i've been wait for a Brave fic:D Really cute!
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 1 . 6/26/2012