Reviews for Swan Song: An alternative ending
Dolphelecat chapter 3 . 9/13/2013
Aw, I liked that version much better! Thanks! :-)
ccase13 chapter 3 . 10/22/2012
I would have been so much happier with this scenario than with poor Sam spending so long in the Cage with Lucifer and Michael.
Ginnylove9990 chapter 3 . 10/22/2012
Awesome story. Now why couldn't the writers write it like that?
ebonylovesdean chapter 1 . 7/10/2012
well i liked swan song and even tho it was sad. it was a great epi. and dean and sam are the best! and yes wincest is wrong and i hate the authors who do that. anyway this fic is ok.
pandora jazz chapter 3 . 7/9/2012
What a wonderful surprise and thanks for the dedication. :)

I love how you wrote Dean. I believe he wouldn't have left Sam's side while waiting for him to wake up.

I like how you reminded us of Ash's comment in heaven. "Soul-mates share the same Heaven..." (I wish the brothers could have ended that episode on a different note, but they had angels conspiring against them.)

I didn't mind Bobby showing up. I'm glad that Dean and him were able to talk.

Once again you wrote Dean's conversation like I thought he would have reacted in this episode. '...but if my little scheme had gone wrong and Sam had ended up in the Cage with Lucifer then there would have been one very pissed Devil and two Winchesters in the Cage along with him.'

Wonderful moment when Sam woke up and even with his eyes closed knew that his big brother was beside him. You also did a great job writing Sam. I can just picture him being upset after learning Dean would have jumped into the cage too.

Loved the final lines between the brothers. "...You go, I go little brother!" "And where you go, I go too, Dean" was Sam's whispered reply...'

Thanks again for sharing your story with us. I have loved imagining how this storyline would have played out instead of picturing the real version.
Until next time, take care.
gianess chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
This version makes more sense to me. Especially how you wrote Dean. He agreed way too easily for Sam to do that. I am emotionally incapable of re-watching Swan Song. It tore me to shreds. The only thing I liked was the montage but I cant even watch that without literally sobbing. I'll pretend this is what really happened. Thanks for writing this!
Vinsmouse chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
Awwww, lovely ending. I'm so glad you decided to share with the class. :)

Mouse
mb64 chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
This is so very well done and is such an improved ending- they should hire you as a writer for the show. You really did an excellent job with it.

sarah chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
love it love it
brilliant work
well done
Creativity Incarnate chapter 3 . 7/8/2012
I just read all three chaps... Great job!
Vinsmouse chapter 2 . 7/7/2012
Great story and I like your ending a lot better than I did the one TPTB came up with. Thanks for sharing. :)
Guest chapter 2 . 7/7/2012
I agree totally with you, I like the end that this giving to swan song, I believe firmly that dean had never allowed to sam to sacrifice of this form, this history is more with the way of belonging to dean
mb64 chapter 2 . 7/7/2012
This is wonderful! I don't think that I will ever watch the actual Swan Song episode again - your version is infinitely superior! :)
pandora jazz chapter 2 . 7/7/2012
You know how I feel about "Swan Song" and Dean's decision/promise to live with Lisa and Ben, so this thought from Dean sounds like the big brother we all love. 'His little brother was the only reason he lived and fought on; without him there would have been no motive to remain on Earth, and for what he had seen of Heaven they could keep it!'

Wonderful scene between Dean and Castiel. I like Cas, but I don't like how he (and Ruby) came between the brothers. I love that you had Castiel confess to letting Sam out of the panic room. Maybe if Sam could of detox a bit longer, he wouldn't have ran off to find Ruby. 'My little brother is the innocent in this whole miserable little story. He asked for none of it, not Azazel, not the demon-blood not all the lies that were told to him by everyone, especially that bitch Ruby.'

Also nice touch as Castiel wondered if God helped save Sam in the graveyard and when Castiel looked at Dean as being Heaven's weapon.

I would love to see Dean get the amulet back. It is hard to believe that Sam really left it in the garbage. (Of course all it would take is the head writer to pen the story, though the 2 J's keep telling fans at the conventions that the amulet is gone :(

Thanks for sharing another chapter of this story with us.
If you can I would love to read an additional chapter that deals with Sam waking up.
Until next time, take care.
The Slightly Demented chapter 2 . 7/7/2012
I loved this ending better. I hope you write a chapter on how Dean gets the amlet back. It always bothered me that Dean just threw it away.