Reviews for Harry Potter and the Power of Paranoia
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 23 . 3/6/2016
Wonderful story until the end. Loved that Harry married Luna, and nice dig about Lorcas and Lysander. But of course Albus Severus was even worse so Harry has no room to talk.

Didn't like the ending, too sad, the story should end at the party. Dumbledore finally does step up to the plate and become the hero he was always meant to be by taking out LV, the Horcruxes and the DE, yet ends up obliviated, living in obscurity and unable to celebrate his victory. Would have been better to have Dumbledore observe that the Dark Marks are gone so he doesn't have to kill Harry. Also, Harry rejects Obliviation yet that appears to be what they do in the end anyway. Or do they remove his magic as well? For many wizards that's a fate worse than death. It still seems too unsafe for paranoid Harry. If Hermione could recover her parents' memories then perhaps an excellent Occlumens like Dumbledore could work past the Obliviation and recover his memories. Or Fawkes may be able to deliver his saved memories and his pensive.

An alternative would be to have Dumbledore die of wounds inflicted by Voldemort after he kills Voldemort. Then have the victory party. There's a certain poetic justice to having the two antagonists in Harry's life die on the battlefield, leaving Harry free to live his life. There's sadness in having Dumbledore die, but it's not the ending, the victory party is.

Despite the ending I still like the story.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 21 . 3/5/2016
Oh dear!
terrapurus chapter 23 . 3/5/2016
Well done :)
StoneTheLoner chapter 9 . 3/2/2016
The POV jumps around too much, while TOO little is actually happening with the main character. You skim over whatever is happening with Harry so that the pointless POV of others can be focused on like with Sirius, Luna, Hermoine, Rita, and etc etc. I don't think I'll be reading this for much longer.
Touhara Naoya chapter 8 . 2/22/2016
Don't underestimate Lavander's ultimate gossiping powers xd
Touhara Naoya chapter 5 . 2/22/2016
Molly not in league with Dumbledore and even arguing with Arthur about him and Rita aiming to ally herself with Hermione to discredit the Ministry, awesome!
Morphixes chapter 23 . 2/16/2016
Very interesting! Thanks for this lovely and unique take-I couldn't put the book down!
EternalRestOfPerpetualMotion chapter 23 . 2/18/2016
I dislike endings like this one. While it is not as inflammatory as classic "open-ended" kind, it still rustle my jimmies quite a bit. But otherwise reading this fic was rather enjoyable. There were some bumps along the way, where i was dangerously close to dropping it though, but in the end i glad i didn't.
Diddleymaz chapter 23 . 2/17/2016
Bonkers but fun.
ChronoMitsurugi chapter 19 . 2/14/2016
I could just hear in the background at the end there,
"Damn it feels good to be a gangsta."

Don Dumbledore, not much of a ring to it but the image is badass. Lemon drop ;) *grin*
Reishin Amara chapter 23 . 2/12/2016
i havnt stopped laughing since i read this chapter...
Reishin Amara chapter 19 . 2/12/2016
albus dumbledore just pulled a HOLY SHIT moment...
Keronshara chapter 16 . 1/29/2016
Of course Dumbledore wouldn't eat puppies for breakfast. He's too busy smoking some weed and eating drugged candies for breakfast to be bothered with finding puppies to eat. After the weed and drugged candies, he's too happy to make war. Just peace and love man! (Sad thing is that don't even need to change any of the canon facts or Dumbledore's canon behavior to picture a stoned-out hippie Albus.)
Brenden chapter 23 . 1/25/2016
Great work
Suse chapter 22 . 1/19/2016
I choked on my coffee when I read about filling Dumbledore's pants with plastic explosives. Literally. Hahahahahaha.
3,873 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »