Reviews for Harry Potter and the Power of Paranoia
that1 chapter 18 . 12/29/2013
The end of that chapter needed this:
dennisud chapter 18 . 12/29/2013
So far this is a good saga! Love how the paranoia and lack of trust can do. Still wondering where Hermione will fit in personally here given that Harry's with Luna. Will Neville be brought in?

dennisud
Guest chapter 18 . 12/29/2013
I have read a fair amount of Weasley bashing, but never the dragon plothole you mentioned here!
TharzZzDunN chapter 18 . 12/29/2013
Yay! Omake! I think he's not paranoid enough sometimes.

Cheers!
drgonzo2 chapter 18 . 12/28/2013
While this "omake" may not (at present) be part of the "Paranoia" continuity, I'd suggest that it should become part of said continuity. The Weasley family in canon are possibly the third most evil characters, behind Dumbles & McGonnagall. On top of the whole "dragon" plothole, there's also the "which platform" plothole, the "windowbars" plothole, and finally the "life-debt" plothole to contend with. As such, calling the whole family Evil/Dark would be entirely justified, i.m.o...

Cheers... G

p.s;- DrG's Top 5 Evil Bastich'es in HP canon...

1 - Dumbledore. Kidnapping, conspiracy to commit murder, accessory to murder, conspiring to commit & accessory to child abuse, illegal imprisonment (& accessory & conspiring)... Well, let's just say that if someone was charged with all the criminal acts described in the books, they would be looking at several thousand years before being considered for parole under British law...

2-3) McGonagall/the Weasley family - For McGonagall, this is mostly based on her status as "Accessory" to Dumble's crimes and her complete inability to act as a head of house - let's face it, as a supposed "student advocate" for Gryffindor, she sucked plums. Evidence? Book 1 - detention in the "forbidden forest". Book 4 - "Badges? What badges?". Book 5 - "Keep your head down". Those are the three most damning clangers, but there's plenty more in canon...
The Weasleys - see above. Add in accessory to child abuse, accessory to illegal imprisonment & possible attempted use of lust/infatuation potions...

4) - Hagrid. Admittedly, this is mainly down to being a poorly written plot-device in canon, but just HOW-Many times did Hagrid (or his actions) damn near kill Harry in canon? I count 6 in the first book...

5) Tricky... Could be Remus, could be Fudge, could be Lucius... Naaahh... Poppy Pomphrey. How many times was the noted abused child Harry Potter in her care? And, how many times is she shown (in canon) pointing out the signs of abuse? O.K, things might be different in the "magical" world, but in the rest of the UK, she would be struck-off from any medical practice & almost certainly arrested as an accessory to child abuse...
Guest chapter 18 . 12/27/2013
it fits with any kind of Harry. i could sure do without that fucking family for once. Great work and hope you update soon
lipasnape chapter 18 . 12/28/2013
Very true. You don't have to be paranoid to think so, you just have to stop trusting Dumbledore and the author of canon. ;-)
ILoveGeorgeEads chapter 18 . 12/28/2013
I loved loved loved it.
hawkswench chapter 18 . 12/28/2013
But in all actually, it is totally true what you wrote.
VizeerLord chapter 18 . 12/28/2013
do not remove
Slytherin66 chapter 18 . 12/28/2013
This was good and a very good explanation as to why Harry can't trust the Weasley's. It's a good point about them knowing not just Charlie and not telling Harry. The First task really was the most dangerous as the other two could have Harry give up at the start the dragon could do him harm before he could say or do anything.

I never liked Ron from when he wanted to see Harry's scar and was told not to but the fact he waited until after the first task speaks volumes about the kind of friend he is.

Well said about the House team they are older and wiser than Harry, know him well yet they never really seem to help him out even with things like going to Minerva on his behalf to take him to the village in 3rd year with enough people or an escort why could Harry not get a visit. The word and worth of muggles in magical society is low so could easily be ignored. The Ball as well why did one of Harry's team mates take him aside and help him out so he could dance or just hurry up and ask someone.

A very good point about saving Ginny that debt alone should have been enough to have Harry informed of what is going on and not just in 4th year.

I like Harry's thinking and love any Weasley bashing as it has merit the family get much out of being friends with Harry even the ward upgrades and securty would be handy in a time of war yet the Weasley never support Harry when it counts.

Thanks for this it was a good read I look forward to the next chapter.
Kairan1979 chapter 18 . 12/28/2013
Thanks for the Omake. I don't think Harry is paranoid. There are too many black marks against Weasleys in Canon.
-) Molly yelling about muggles in the middle of King's Cross. It's breaking of the Statute of Secrecy.
-) Ron oblivously lying that 'all the compartments are full'.
-) After the Twins rescued Harry in CoS, nobody bothered to investigave, despite too many evidence that Twins weren't joking (I can't imagine the doting mother like Molly missing Harry's clothes, or the fact that he wasn't fed well).
-) Not telling Harry in PoA the truth about Sirius Black. Shouldn't he be warned that the murderer is after him? I doubt Harry will sneak to Hogsmeade if he was informed.
-) GOF - there's no help from Weasley Family so Harry could survive the Tournament. OK, Ron was a prat, but shouldn't the rest of them remember that they owe Harry a life debt for saving Ginny? Bill and Charlie aren't the members of the Hogwarts staff, so they can help Harry without breaking any oaths. But Harry only has Hermione and a hint or two from the Fake Moody.
-) Order of Phoenix - Molly refusing to give Harry any information about Voldemort and DE's despite him confronting Harry presonally several times.
Shaunee Altman chapter 18 . 12/28/2013
I didn't particullary like Ron, so this is ok with me. Good reasoning, I never before read that, so I give you points for originality.
Innoxious chapter 18 . 12/28/2013
Them not telling him about the tournament isn't a big a deal as you seem to make it out to be, it's not like they knew he was going to be in it after all. 'I know something you don't know... hahah' isn't too uncommon when it comes to siblings. It's not like they held back info that could have helped him because even he didn't even know he would be in it till his name came out.
Not telling him about the dragon after his name came out is a little harder to defend, unless they all just assumed or were told that Ron told Harry about them already.
Wolfric chapter 18 . 12/28/2013
Good chapter. There is much that was likely going on behind the scenes that will only be "discovered" in fanfiction. All though I think JKR once mentioned reediting the stories for future editions. Thanks for writing. W.
3,520 | « Prev Page 1 .. 62 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 82 .. Last Next »