Reviews for Harry Potter and the Power of Paranoia
SeverlyLate chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
Well, thank you so much! You've made my day.

Keep up the good work, sir!
Wandering the Arid Sea chapter 17 . 1/9/2014
epic stuff, love the fallout
Futon Lord chapter 18 . 1/8/2014
An amazing fic. Instant fav. I've also gotta note - I like your choice for Harry's girlfriend. Horray for Harry/Luna!
Oh, right. Please don't turn the Harry/Luna/Hermione relationship into a love triangle. That would piss me off. Relationship drama, harems, and this fic are not meant to be blended.
kitiem3000 chapter 18 . 1/8/2014
I'm loving paranoid Harry!
JDL45 chapter 18 . 1/7/2014
No need to make this an omake as far as I'm concerned, although it seems to me that the Weasleys' actions are better explained as a result of idiocy than anything else. For them, the fact that it was the Tri-Wizard Tournament made the whole thing kind of a game. The notion that Harry was in danger of his life wasn't *real* to them. Yeah, sure, there used to be fatalities, but we don't live in those times anymore. Even if the Ministry is incompetent, Dumbledore would never allow anything that would endanger Harry's life. That sort of thing.

Unfortunately, that isn't really much better, in terms of arguments in favor of Harry actually trusting them. Unless they've changed their attitude about trusting Dumbledore, they're still a danger to Harry if they wind up knowing anything about him. Maybe the war in Britain will have caused them to be warier and more cautious, but there would need to be real evidence that this is the case before it would make any sense for Harry to tell them.

Finally, what is the advantage in doing so? Assuming that Harry still has no intention of returning to Britain, there's no need for them to know-and no way that remembering Harry will actually make their lives happier. Where's the benefit?

So on the one hand, we have a security risk if the information is shared. On the other hand, we have no benefit to be gained, and quite likely more aggravation to Harry as they start lobbying him to come back to Britain and take care of their problem for them. No, even without Harry being paranoid, it still doesn't make sense to tell them. I'd think Hermione would understand that, and Sirius too.
FalconLux chapter 18 . 1/6/2014
This is a great story. Given the vague summary and "humor" genre, I was honestly expecting more of a spoof than a well-thought-out, plot-driven story. I was quite pleasantly surprised as spoof stories rarely interest me past about the first 5,000 words.

Anyway, great story! Can't wait for more! I really enjoy paranoid Harry, and a lot of his reasonings do make sense. Perhaps not completely to your average, well-adjusted adult, but then, Harry was never in danger of being anything so plebeian.
Endgames chapter 18 . 1/3/2014
That is a really, really, really good point. I never thought about it to quite that extent. I guess I always thought of each Weasley individually, and figured that as individuals, they either didn't know or had no motivation to tell Harry. But when you think about them talking behind the scenes, and how much they owed him over Ginny's life... yeah, they should have at least told him about the dragons. I could understand not telling him about the other two tasks (the second should have had no danger and Percy may not have been privy to the details of the third before he was being investigated), but the first was sufficiently dangerous and known about that he should have been warned.
Twylyte chapter 18 . 1/3/2014
Quite an interesting story. I love how you show the views from different angles, showing how Dumbledore isn't evil, just stupid (intelligent, yes, wise, no). Mistaking Dung for a Death Eater and then the Order thinking Dung was attacked by one was just genius.
Also, I must say it's nice seeing a Hermione that isn't dating Harry or Ron, but is still making a life for herself and putting that brilliant mind to work.
A great story, I look forward to seeing more,
alf the explorer chapter 18 . 1/2/2014
I don't think Harry was being paranoid at all. His view point was very well thought out. Harry raised several valid concerns and I feel that he is justified in his stance on the Weasley family. They were willing to watch a fourteen year old child march off to his death and said not one word. Like the old saying states, “evil only happens when good people stand by and do nothing”.
Penny is wise chapter 18 . 1/1/2014
Awesome chapter.
sunsethill chapter 18 . 1/1/2014
Actually, while I never really thought of this before, it is another example of horrible plotting and characterization for Rowling, because of course someone should have warned Harry. They all knew and they let Harry walk blind into a situation where he had to face a dragon. Harry understood the need for everyone to actually know about the danger and he made sure that Cedric knew. No competition was important enough to let a 14 year old face a nesting dragon unprepared, especially someone to whom you owed a life and family debt.
CrimsonAxe chapter 18 . 12/31/2013
I believe your omake to be as the Brit's would say is "spot on!", as not one person had tried to step in and help repay a life debt owed from the COS fiasco. We will never know why JKR had left behind so many plot holes. Think back to the movie where Harry promised to take after Teddy for Remus, that was the first time I remember the subject of Moony and Tonks having a child. I guess they explain more in the books...
MargaritaS chapter 18 . 12/31/2013
very well written, im glad hermione and sirius are in the know now... i look forward to reading more
lazyguy90 chapter 18 . 12/30/2013
This is very entertaining.

Keep up the excellent work.
SablePhoenix chapter 18 . 12/30/2013
It fits with Harry's paranoia but it also makes a great deal of sense when you think about it. This is something that I think I've only seen once before (wish I could remember the story that really highlighted the fact that no Weasley said anything). I love the story and this omake is perfect for it.
3,626 | « Prev Page 1 .. 68 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 88 .. Last Next »