Reviews for Harry Potter and the Power of Paranoia
ThomasNealy chapter 19 . 1/23/2014
This is a great chapter. Dumbles is finally doing something other then making Harry the pasty for his war.
KrisB-71854 chapter 19 . 1/23/2014
Oh, I love this. Senile Demented Darkish Dumbledore for the win! I have a slight request. Please have him actually finish his quest of freezing all the death eaters and destroying the horcuxes. What I really want is for Dumbledore to accidentally die before he has a chance to tell Harry any of it though.

Now think of his from Tom's point of view. One day all his followers start to vanish one after another. He than starts to feel his horcuxes being destoried. He doesn't know what is happening or why.

I think that the best solution was from Larceny_Lechery_and_Luna_Lovegood. They imprisoned him a reversed fidielus so that the entire world that he knew was that room that he was trapped in. He was than feed a lemon drop which he had an allergic reaction to. Of course, since Dumbledore is going the nonviolent route in rounding up all the DEs and imprisoning them, it would be humorus if Harry did the same to Tom and than had him stuffed into a Gringotts vault or something similar. Maybe stick a magical repelling ward on him and sell him as modern art to some muggles?
Runecutter chapter 19 . 1/23/2014
On his second try Dumbledore gets it actually right. The word that is in the King James bible translateds as "you shall not suffer a witch to live" means a thing more in line with a poisoner or dark wizard in the original hebrew language... definitely somebody using supernatural powers to malign other people. Witch just happened to be the closest concept in the english language at the time they were doing that translation.

And if i'd been in Harry's stead i would have answered to the Pascal's wager bit with a combination of the Holmesian principle (although it is formulated in the opposite way, it suggests to FIRST disprove all probably and possible solutions until you finally can safely assume that the improbably and/or impossible solution is the only one valid. In this case to try any other means to stop Voldemort and the Death Eaters before relying on a secret weapon / martyric "chosen one" and of course even then to keep BOTH alternatives at hand and trained in case one fails) and the idea that he misread the prophecy in the person of the "Dark Lord" mentioned... (aka the old "Dumbledore hurts the light side more than Voldemort ever could" rants).

(Actually... Dumbledore himself is invested HEAVILY into another pascal's wager... he bets all Britain on the truth of the premise the Prophecy says exactly what Albus Dumbledore thinks it does. If he is right, all will be brilliant and good and glorious. If he's wrong on the other hand he has pretty much singlehandedly condemned the prophecy to fail as he kept knowledge of its existance from other people that could have searched for confirmation of the Dark Lord and "One" in question... and helped in defining the things/steps/actions necessary to ease the "vanquishing part" instead of making it harder and drawing it out like Dumbledore did...)

But of course also the smalltalk between Harry and Luna would instantly destroy Dumbles. Thinking he might have been able to prevent Riddle from turning dark was/is bad enough. But contemplating the idea that it was his own grandstanding, his lording it over the little malicious bastard that got Riddle solidly on the way to seek greatness and accept all means necessary to never again be humiliated so grossly, must shatter his whole worldview, even worse than the idea that only luck and a happy coincidence of character or nature prevented Harry from turning dark under the oh so similar circumstances Dumbledore gladly forced him to suffer under...
And of course you'd need to throw Snape into the mixture... Dumbledore "excuses" Lucius by ways of his gladness to see the aristocratic slimebag take Severus under his wings... he just does not get the bigger picture here, does he? Had Malfoy ignored Snape, would the boy ever have fallen in with the Death Eaters? Ever taken on his "charming" personality that we've witnessed in and out of the classroom for six years and a bit...? He can't have been half that bad when both Lily and Petunia were friendly with him before Hogwarts... and Lily still defended him five or six years into their own school time... But that day, that little scene that made Albus so happy and forgiving towards the arrogant berk was the beginning of snape's downfall... and he does not see it?

But well.. Harry's words worked and the action Dumbledore DOES take was well received on this end. :) A bit of too little too late, but a good start onto righting his own wrongs of the past. Wouldn't it be ironic if this inspiration to start a campaign decimating the Deffies would be the true meaning of the prophecy? A terrorist without army of willing martyrs to die for HIS cause isn't much of a threat (look at OBL in his little hide out) one could call him almost vanquished ;) (at least as long as he isn#t cut to die for his own nefarious goals, but ruling the world and dying in a blaze of glory are mutually exclusive, aren't they? :D I'm curious how far Dumbledore will get and how his next talk with Harry will go...
lector caecus chapter 19 . 1/23/2014
J.K. Rowling and armies of fanfic writers needed a sackful of new MacGuffins to put down the Dark Lord, but it turns out all Harry _really_ needed were a few years of therapy and quiet life in the States to put things in perspective for Dumbledore. Beautiful!

I also appreciated this story's rare and admirable concision and focus.
taxzombie chapter 19 . 1/23/2014
Twisted. I like it!
chain.reader chapter 18 . 1/23/2014
Marvellous...
Candie Pie chapter 19 . 1/23/2014
Lol really? Harry thinks that Dumbledore traumatized Voldemort with a fake fire? Tom Riddle was clearly a sociopath before Dumbledore ever got to him, and I doubt a harmless magic trick would have had much of an effect on him. Oh, he had to give back the things he stole? How tragic -.-; Harry's just determined to blame his former head-master for EVERYTHING.
Eldersprig chapter 19 . 1/23/2014
It took Bumblebee *20 YEARS* to be proactive about the war. He certainly doesn't care about justice, the people of Britain, or the childen under his supposed charge. Since he seems convinced that only Harry can kill Riddle has some as smart as he is supposed to be really done nothing? (yup) One would think that a paranoid person would see through what he is really up to. hint (It seems that Bumbles *created* Voldemort. Was it all a ploy to get his hands of the Deathly Hallows? Since the "boy who lived" newspaper article is obviously totally fictious, is Bumbles trying to use the power of death, to live forever, get his sister back, possess Harry after killing Riddle?)

Keep up the good work.
SlickRCBD chapter 18 . 1/23/2014
Some of the argument is flawed. I can't fault the Weasleys for failing to inform Harry prior to his name coming out of the Goblet. The scene at the Burrow when they are saying its classified information is reasonable since the TWT was for students 17 and older, and there were no 17 year old Weasleys attending. Percy had graduated and the Twins were still underage. Ron, Harry, Hermione, and Ginny were even younger.

However, the argument about not warning Harry when Charlie came to Hogwarts after Harry was forced into the competition DOES make sense. The only reason I can see is if Charlie had signed a contract for secrecy, much like what Harry had Dumbledore sign.
I'd suggest revising the scene to have somebody at least point out that there was no reason to warn the younger Weasleys plus Harry until after Harry's name came out of the goblet.
JPElles chapter 19 . 1/23/2014
Love Luna as usual. Starting to like Dumbledore a little. Very funny guy. I loved seeing Harry Potter blackmailing him into action. I bet when they next meet and Harry learns what Albus has done he'll be equal parts surprised and exasperated.
sparky40sw chapter 19 . 1/23/2014
What an absolutely lovely chapter
This truly would have been a much more elegant solution than canon.
thanks for sharing, I have been enjoying this a great deal.
crystaldove chapter 19 . 1/23/2014
Well Percy had the head of Medusa... Percival has a cage with a basilisk.

Its too bad that dumbles didnt read Malfoy's mind while he was in shock from losing his limbs. Then the old man would see that he was being manipulated years ago. I always thought that Malfoy only tolerated Snape due to the cause and not out of some misguided friendship. I mean, in the cannon, when did they speak with each other? All this Snape is Draco's godfather stuff- a stanch pureblood like Lucius would not pick a half-blood whose mother came from an obscure lower house for his heir's godfather.

But then again, this is the man that thought it was perfectly sane to leave a 15 month old child on a doorstep ,right after seeing his parents murdered, in the middle of the night. He also thought that in the end, family would outshine the jealousy of Petunia and that she would raise Harry. He only had to look at the relationship or lack of one with his own brother to see that wasnt true. Abe NEVER forgot or forgave him from his role in their sisters' death.

I loved this chapter; Harry has become the manipulator!
MisterQ chapter 19 . 1/23/2014
I've read many a 'Harry walks away' stories, but not many of them have Dumbles actually getting off his duff and taking effective and decisive action. An active Dumbledore is truly a power we know not.
Edmund009 chapter 19 . 1/23/2014
You r awesome..great chapter
KiraIqa chapter 19 . 1/23/2014
Great chapter as always. But man, is Dumbles sick in the head with this one.
Yish, poor Death Eaters having to face a larger evil than Voldy that sits with a smile and a twinkle in his eyes even as he tortures the hell out of you. -shudders- I don't want to be in their shoes.
Can't wait to read more. d(*v*)b
3,831 | « Prev Page 1 .. 68 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 88 .. Last Next »