Reviews for Harry Potter and the Power of Paranoia
poppaeasabina chapter 12 . 12/4/2013
No, D. is not all that skilled. In my own headcanon D. wouldn't teach Harry occlumency himself because he didn't KNOW occlumency; legilimency either. His own canon explanation makes no sense.
poppaeasabina chapter 11 . 12/4/2013
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like Luna (;o), although you have given her some much-needed attributes: 1) rationality, and 2) resentment. My own personal Luna headcanon (discounting "authorial mouthpiece,") is that 1) yes, Luna is intelligent and notices details, 2) but has no kind of grasp of Occam's Razor, a concept the Wizarding World lacks, 3) has some kind of minor psychic ability, which doesn't do her any good mentally, 4) is also delusional, and 5) has low self-esteem and poor socialization, which is why she puts up with shit. None of these things excludes the others!
poppaeasabina chapter 5 . 12/4/2013
About Draco being made prefect: I always assumed that part of Snape's job is keeping Lucius Malfoy happy; but otoh, canonically Draco has the highest grades in the school next to Hermione (deduced from Lucius' complaining about Draco being "second to a mudblood.") Therefore he has the highest grades in Slytherin, which in my headcanon collectively has the highest grades of any house, including Ravenclaw. Ravenclaws don't care about grades. I like to think that Draco's Potions grades are higher than Hermione's, but that's like wishing for him to catch the Snitch ahead of Potter-never gonna happen in Rowling's world.

There is no excuse for making Ron a prefect.
perpetualblyss chapter 17 . 12/4/2013
Great work. I think I'd like to hear more about Harry's other Hogwarts 'chums.' What about purebloods like Ron, The Twins, Neville and Draco? Halfbloods like Seamus and Muggleborns like Dean? Especiallly those who didn't flee England how have their lives proceeded?
Gon Freaks chapter 17 . 12/4/2013
Now that was an awesomely sneaky way to treat Dumbles and get his friends back! Great Story, and keep it up... hopefully more often!

Navn Ukjent chapter 17 . 12/4/2013
Nice update.

It's fun to see how HP handled Sirius and Hermione.
Freed-sama chapter 17 . 12/4/2013
Truly fantastic. I'm somewhat ashamed to admit I didn't catch onto the portkey to the basement thing until you explained it. Good stuff, i'm looking forward to the next chapter

... if only more authors took an approach similar to yours
poppaeasabina chapter 17 . 12/4/2013
The problem with Dumbledore is that Rowling wanted to convince us that he knew EVERYTHING, especially everything that happened at Hogwarts; then, in order to get her plots moving, she had to script some specific gaps in his knowledge. If you could ignore the gaps, I suppose you could go on believing in D's omnipotence; if you couldn't (or if I couldn't), I couldn't help growing to see D. as an incompetent meddler with a personality cult. Thanks especially for underlining some of the REALLY HUGE plot holes, and right now I'm thinking of a) the Elder Wand, and b) D's vast, overwhelming love, so-called.
phoebe turner chapter 17 . 12/4/2013
I loved it!
poppaeasabina chapter 7 . 12/4/2013
Oh this story gets better and better.
Guest chapter 17 . 12/4/2013
Thank you for the update.
Love the story. Is Ron walking around as a Pureblood?
poppaeasabina chapter 6 . 12/4/2013
Hah! I'd think that was a little high-handed of Harry, but it's that way the Wizarding World does things, all right.
Guest chapter 6 . 12/4/2013
poppaeasabina chapter 3 . 12/4/2013
Harry's rant about Ron is golden! "Just when I need him, he..gets smashed by a on the wrong side of the cave-in...breaks his's always something!"
sh8ad8ow chapter 17 . 12/4/2013