Reviews for Harry Potter and the Power of Paranoia

good chapter.

TxA-GunFighter chapter 1 . 1/15/2014
Good start.

Candie Pie chapter 18 . 1/11/2014
JKR's septology did have its share of plot holes, but I always excused her because she was writing for children about children. Also, magic is a delicate thing to work with. Without any concrete rules, how can you avoid god-moding? Which leads to awkward "well if you can do x, then why can't you do y?" questions. But it was never about the mythology, it was about the story, so I don't fault her too much for it.

I liked your take on magic-the idea that it can be done industriously. The only problem I have is sometimes it seems like Harry's god-moding, but it's all light hearted enough that I don't really care. IMHO, this is the pinnacle of what fan fiction can be. I love your writing style and characterizations, I love the off-beat story, I love the humor, I LOVE EVERYTHING. I think this is my favorite.
Candie Pie chapter 9 . 1/11/2014
Hhahha love voldemort's narrative. He's so angry.
Candie Pie chapter 6 . 1/11/2014
I'm glad I finally found time to sink my teeth into this fic. It is AWESOME so far. I really really really loved how you portrayed Voldemort in this chapter. I love how you portray all the characters. It's SO funny too!
Why881992883840002882818839 chapter 16 . 1/9/2014
I haven't read everything in this chapter yet so you might have addressed this point later but not everyone who might be oppressed by Voldi has left England. What about all the Muggleborn Wizards who are being born? They don't even know that they should run away. By not fighting he's just condemning every toddler who has a bout of accidental magic to death just because of how they were born. Also even if Voldi isn't attacking Muggles right now or at least not in the open that doesn't mean he's not going to in the future and the Muggles don't even know that they should move away, they also have absolutely no defense against a wizard. I don't disagree that he shouldn't fight, I just don't like the rather half hearted attempts at rationalizing it, he should just be honest with himself and say he isn't willing to put himself into that kind of danger in order to help a bunch of strangers.
SeverlyLate chapter 1 . 1/9/2014
Well, thank you so much! You've made my day.

Keep up the good work, sir!
Wandering the Arid Sea chapter 17 . 1/9/2014
epic stuff, love the fallout
Futon Lord chapter 18 . 1/8/2014
An amazing fic. Instant fav. I've also gotta note - I like your choice for Harry's girlfriend. Horray for Harry/Luna!
Oh, right. Please don't turn the Harry/Luna/Hermione relationship into a love triangle. That would piss me off. Relationship drama, harems, and this fic are not meant to be blended.
Tiky3000 chapter 18 . 1/8/2014
I'm loving paranoid Harry!
JDL45 chapter 18 . 1/7/2014
No need to make this an omake as far as I'm concerned, although it seems to me that the Weasleys' actions are better explained as a result of idiocy than anything else. For them, the fact that it was the Tri-Wizard Tournament made the whole thing kind of a game. The notion that Harry was in danger of his life wasn't *real* to them. Yeah, sure, there used to be fatalities, but we don't live in those times anymore. Even if the Ministry is incompetent, Dumbledore would never allow anything that would endanger Harry's life. That sort of thing.

Unfortunately, that isn't really much better, in terms of arguments in favor of Harry actually trusting them. Unless they've changed their attitude about trusting Dumbledore, they're still a danger to Harry if they wind up knowing anything about him. Maybe the war in Britain will have caused them to be warier and more cautious, but there would need to be real evidence that this is the case before it would make any sense for Harry to tell them.

Finally, what is the advantage in doing so? Assuming that Harry still has no intention of returning to Britain, there's no need for them to know-and no way that remembering Harry will actually make their lives happier. Where's the benefit?

So on the one hand, we have a security risk if the information is shared. On the other hand, we have no benefit to be gained, and quite likely more aggravation to Harry as they start lobbying him to come back to Britain and take care of their problem for them. No, even without Harry being paranoid, it still doesn't make sense to tell them. I'd think Hermione would understand that, and Sirius too.
3,936 | « Prev Page 1 .. 88 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 108 .. Last Next »