Reviews for The Tudors Retold
pansmione chapter 1 . 9/13/2014
Ahh it's clever, clever, clever! I love it. Jane as a temptress though… It's wonderful ;) And I really like the feminist Anne of Cleves. She's always been one of my favorites of the wives.
Fleur24 chapter 7 . 8/19/2012
Poor Anne! She suffered the same miscarriage as Anne Boleyn and both because of Henry's lust for the same Jane Seymour, execpt this one isn't as pure and innocent.

Anne of Cleves hopefully will put up a fight for Mary, like Katherine did.

This sounds bad but I'm hoping Jane has Anne Boleyn's fate. It is her and Henry's fault that Anne's son died.
LadyPalma chapter 7 . 8/17/2012
I really like the idea of the story! Update soon :)
rach1803 chapter 7 . 8/14/2012
I love this! It's a great idea and it's written really well!
Update soon :-)

Rach
Kittenallie chapter 7 . 8/13/2012
Hope she just gracefully leaves him, and then Jane can be killed off quickly.
Lady of Aragon chapter 7 . 8/13/2012
Henry is a dog as usual, I hope he never gets a son. Poor Anne of Cleves! Great chapter!
Fleur24 chapter 6 . 7/23/2012
WOW Jane seems to be taking Anne's personality on in force.

""As Jane nodded mutely, the King brought his other hand to rest lightly on her neck as well.

"Such a pretty neck. Like a swan." he murmured,"" Hmmm. Anne had a neck like that, and look what happened to her.

""But horror quickly changed to acute pain as Queen Anne's pale hands suddenly clutched at her swollen belly in panic.

"Go Jane, just go!" the King shouted as he dashed toward his wife whose knees had started to buckle.

Suddenly terrified, Jane immediately fled down the path of the rose garden into the shadow of the Palace. At the door, she looked back, trembling as she heard the King bellowing for help; the Queen sobbing hysterically. The tears that stung Jane's eyes did not prevent her from seeing the bright trickle of blood that flowed steadily out from beneath the Queen's trailing grey silk skirts."" MY gosh. Jane Seymour just likes making Queens named Anne have miscarriages. First Anne Boleyn and now Anne of Cleves. There is something wrong about this. Jane is going to lose her head, and I'm glad.
guest chapter 5 . 7/16/2012
short chapter but nonetheless really good. keep writing.
Robin4 chapter 5 . 7/15/2012
How lovely! I'm really enjoying the different way Jane is going about this than Anne, though the echoes of Anne Boleyn are very prevalent here, though the story is utterly unique and fascinating. Well done!
Fleur24 chapter 5 . 7/15/2012
"'Jane paused for a few seconds, hoping that her slight silence would show the King that she was displeased with his casual treatment of her.

"This rose seems born to blush unseen for Your Grace. I daresay there are many such roses."

This seemed to amuse the King, for he threw back his head and laughed joyously.

"How has this come to pass, sweet rose. Mayhap you are jealous of other roses?"" This is rather sweet.

I like that Anne of Cleeves is pregnant.

Jane is playing the marriage before sex card. Very clever.

""Suddenly, unbidden, an image rose in her mind of the block, shadowed by the headsman and his axe which slowly dripped blood. Her minds eye was clouding her real ones and only came out of the horror of her vision when she felt the King move her out of the area for dancing."" Interesting. So she seems to be pitied for Anne Boleyn's fate. I hope Anne Boleyn has a better fate than a beheading. I LOVE Anne Boleyn and really hope that she is the one to survive.
Fleur24 chapter 4 . 7/11/2012
Well this was certainly interesting. I now understand the chapter title.

Edward is very much like Thomas Boleyn.
Guest chapter 3 . 7/7/2012
please update soon. it's good.
Guest chapter 3 . 7/5/2012
i like the switch you made for the queens. it's nice to see a change. i wonder who's going to take Jane's place? Anne boleyn hopefully. i feel sorry of how her story ended
catherine of Arogon-anne of cleves
anne boleyn-jane seymour
jane seymour-?
anne of cleves- ?
catherine howard-?
catherine parr-?
Imperial Dragon chapter 3 . 7/4/2012
I love the switch up of the Queens.
Guest chapter 3 . 7/3/2012
Great work! i like seeing Jane's ambitious side.