Reviews for Honest Liar
live4ever chapter 29 . 6/1/2014
Hi!

That's my first review on your story because i started to read it 2 days ago. It was hard for me to cook, sleep or do something when your story "called" me.

I love that your chapters were not in a chronological order. It was surprising for the most part.

I loved reading Edward's story, how it was hard, sometimes more easy because of Wren, of Bella or even because of Jasper. I love that their love is strong enough to want to fight for it.
I understood Bella who wanted to protect her daughter. She knows how it is to love Edward and lose him. But he's a changed man and i'm soooo glad she saw it.

Your story made me cry and smile. Thank you.

And if writing this story helped you in you private life, on how to deal or accept things, it's what's more important.

Your words are beautiful. Thank you again for sharing it.
TwiFanfictionRecs chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
Honest Liar has been nominated in the poll to find the Top Ten Favourite Fics completed in May on www . twifanfictionrecs . com
Eduardiana chapter 29 . 5/31/2014
One of my favourite chapters.

And this one was one of the sweetest things ever "Did you know that once upon a time you and Mommy had ducks?"
"Who told you that?"
"Will. She tells me all the things" You write kids like no one else can.

I can't believe his mother is alive after so many years. And that he saw her. This hurts so much "All this time I thought I wouldn't know her if I passed her on the street. It never ocurred to me that she wouldn't know me"

Wren's story broke me. At first I thought she was the one with Edward at the store. And now I feel like shit for saying that she had to be with Alice because she was her family. I'm more angry with Alice than Rose. I can't believe she lost custody but then it always felt like Wren was too much responsibility for her. The way she depended on Edward. She failed her and it hurts me to say this but Edward too. She's twelve now and he just decided to fight for her "I haven't even met her yet. Your new baby. I haven't even seen her"
"And I realize what my life looks like to her. And I see the longing to belong and the realization that she doesn't" I'm crying while I'm writing this.

It was disheartening to read that Jasper relapsed. It really surprised me my strong reaction. He was so good to Edward, so important for Edward to become the man he is now. I can't believe it. I'm so sad.

And then your A/N. The mention of your dad and the star thistle. You're as brave as that dandelion growing through the crack in the sidewalk. I don't know you but I know one more thing. You're a writer. And a very talented one. I hope we have the privilege of reading your words again. Here or in a book. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
Eduardiana chapter 28 . 5/31/2014
I loved when Edward wanted Bella to be awake "I don't like being alone with these thoughts" I'm like him.
This was funny "Sleep" she says. It doesn't sound like a suggestion.

And then when he was following Will with the dustpan.

Such a sweet chapter after all the heartbreak they went through.

Thank you!
Eduardiana chapter 27 . 5/31/2014
That sign "For sale. Bank owned" was like a punch to the face after reading how much Bella loved that house from the first moment she saw it. The cabinet in the bathroom.

I could quote this entire chapter.

"She carries Rose's habits under her eyes"

"I don't cry. Because her life was the sad part"

"The way she made me a father even though I told her I couldn't be hers"

"I have a daughter, Wren"
"Is it me?"

Your words...I have no words.
Eduardiana chapter 26 . 5/31/2014
I was waiting to read these final chapters. Waiting for what I don't know. I guess I didn't want to see it end.

This chapter explained a lot about how things happened. The order, I mean.

He overdosed while Bella was pregnant. He found out about Will through Emmet. And he signed the papers when he had the confirmation that his sperm was viable. And then he went to rehab.

I liked this "Two months sober was this morning. Once it's gone it's gone. So I have another" Very real.

It was so sad when he was pretending that Bella was still at the house, waiting for him "I'll sleep downstairs on the couch. I don't want to wake her"

Thank you!
Cowgirlgraphics chapter 29 . 5/31/2014
This story blew me away. The reality of fighting the addiction demons that 99% of us have are real; and they often override the love we have for others in our lives. Thank you for sharing, thank you for the words you put down for others to read.

Cowgirlgraphics
drlena chapter 29 . 5/31/2014
robela chapter 29 . 5/31/2014
thank you,you are an amazing writer!
itsawhitlocklifeforme chapter 29 . 5/30/2014
I'm blown away by this story. I'm sure that you wrote this on here for a reason, but I could so totally see this playing out in my mind as a movie. This story needs to be out there. So many people could really benefit from it. It has broken my heart in two. Amazingly done, amazingly simple, and an amazing job well done.
robela chapter 23 . 5/30/2014
This chapter is incredible,so beautiful and heartbreaking.
Thank you again,this(and Pocket Change) are one of my favorites stories!
twifan49 chapter 29 . 5/29/2014
Thank you for sharing! Heartbreakingly wonderful!
anamac711 chapter 28 . 5/29/2014
* he will always have. (Wish I could edit my review, because my mistake was bothering me... lol)
anamac711 chapter 29 . 5/29/2014
Beautiful story! It flowed perfectly and is so well written. While I can't identify with addiction (Thank God) seeing this through Edward's eyes gave me a whole new perspective. His feeling of unworthiness and insecurities held him down for so long. You can feel the fight of good and bad in him. It's a power struggle that unfortunately he will always Bella was a loving but strong character with faults of her own including naivety and ignorance. She certainly viewed the world in rose colored glasses until she received a huge reality check. I loved that you stayed true to your characters. All in all I'm happy that you didn't end it in a cheesy way where all was healed and forgotten. He was still struggling and Bella was still on guard. But to know that they were sticking through it, made it very satisfying. I hope for a future take to see what happens on down the line and what is to come of Wren. Thanks!
Stacykae chapter 29 . 5/29/2014
Thank you for your story. I wished FF had a toggle that would indicate one's top 10 fav stories of all time, because Honest Liar would be on mine and I'm sure on many others.
Why I loved it...
-The structure of your timeline
-Always staying with EPOV (it is his journey after all)
-Wren, everything about her.
-Bella didn't leave him for his addiction, it was his lies and his biggest lie... which had made her feel less of a woman. It was harsh, but at the same time I could understand why he did what he did at 18.
-Didn't see Willow coming.
-Your style of writing. It can be poetic at times, but it always flows like it was coming directly from his unfiltered thoughts.
-little things like wallpaper, forgetting forks, and the scar on her knee.
-the bittersweet 'epilogue', one understands that it will always be hard for an addict.
Thanks again!