Reviews for Honest Liar
i.luv.twilight2 chapter 27 . 12/2/2013
Poor Wren. It's a mixed blessing that Rosalie is gone for good. Hopefully Jasper can help Alice to provide a stable home for Wren. Good story.
Zsadistika chapter 27 . 12/2/2013
Still loving it!
Z
Guest chapter 27 . 12/2/2013
I'm worried for Wren, poor thing she's so hardened already. Please let her be ok.
maphie chapter 27 . 12/1/2013
Make it right Edward.
FreeCheeseSoup chapter 27 . 12/1/2013
Melodrama and hyperbole can never replace what a story about addiction deserves: realism and verisimilitude and not trite stylistics hoping to incite real emotion. I just don't buy the characterization that stoops to cheap tricks. I don't buy the story logic, which sounds more and more fantastical with each chapter.
Sooooo... His girl of how many years doesn't know? Please. A woman dies, and despite her being on the scene, no authorities contact Alice? No funeral, no authorities aware of Wren? Rose is now off the page? How convient and thin, like all of this soap organ whoawhoawhoa.
Here's the thing. Most modern readers can speak about this subject, and have enough sense to know when an author is pilling it on for effect, rather than bother with pesky realism. Writing stories is like a BS session: you can't always spot the best liars, but the crappy conjobs are glaring. This preteders fantasy does a disservice to those who don't think Jerry Springer antics are the best way to address adult and complex issues, like addiction.
It pains me to see so many reviews lapping at such purple pen patronizing, which only serves to make me realize we are a long way from dealing with this devastating problem, the foremost being the public's misguided beliefs about addiction.
I can't decide which character is too stupid to live: vapid 'I didn't know he was using' Bella, or selfpityparty Edward. The way this subject matter is Instagram Filtered makes me think the author believes herself more clever than her readers. Those of us with the misfortune to know the subject, can see the difference like taking straight shot, or spoonfed this pandering and sugared pablum. This mealymouthed approach to addiction and poverty not only lacks insight, it's actually offensive. It's like one of those religious comics they handed out in the eighties illustrating the woebegotten life of the reeferman. Mushy by way of overmilked drama, but not a whiff of reality, I implore you to drop the pathetic melodrama.
For those readers with an interest in good style, and insight into addicts and those who love them, read 'With Teeth' on Twilighted.
NPakus chapter 27 . 12/1/2013
Wren's pain breaks my heart, too. Another amazing chapter!
3 Sunrises chapter 27 . 12/1/2013
Ack! This chapter was all sorts of tension and nail-bite-inducing and relief all at once. I was so nervous when Edward was blindly searching for Wren and when he didn't tell Bella what happened at first - about what that meant for his progress and his sobriety (where he finally arrived at a place of true happiness, only to have things upended again). I loved the touch that it was his physical pain that finally made him open up to Bella. It was like a switch was turned on for him to let her in on what he was experiencing.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful story about a flawed person with us - though certainly his life circumstances were much more extreme than my own, I always appreciate the chance to get a lens on someone else who is trying to do better, to be better. It helps me to become more human, I think. I will miss it and hope you keep writing.
periwrites chapter 27 . 12/1/2013
This is one of my very favorite chapters. (And not because it didn't destroy me at the end.) I know I already told you this, but NOBODY writes like you do. I am so completely in awe of you and your words! I'm so so so glad I got the chance to meet you :) You're an incredible writer, decorator and hostess. Excited for the summer!
nitammi chapter 27 . 12/1/2013
I am torn by the back and forth escalation of the story, but it ends up working. What a heart wrencher...
KTNCullen chapter 27 . 12/1/2013
God, the emotions here are so gut-wrenching and visceral...and so, so beautifully written. Once again I'm in tears. Poor Wren! And the comparison between these two little girls' lives is so heartbreaking and real. Seeing how much he adores them both truly shows how much he's grown. Bella must see that. I so want happiness and peace for them all.
Thank you so much!
Katy
LuvinTwilight143 chapter 27 . 12/1/2013
I really hope Edward & Bella adopt Wren
BelieveItOrNot chapter 27 . 12/1/2013
LOVE!
Yes, it's going to be hard to say goodbye to this story. For everyone.
Aussiegirl101 chapter 27 . 12/1/2013
Honestly? This feels like a perfect ending to me. It has hope, there has been resolution of all the major issues. It doesn’t wrap everything up with a bow. I have loved every single word of this heartbreaking story and I thank you so much for it. I can understand that you don’t want to say goodbye to these beautiful, flawed and real characters.
Guest chapter 27 . 12/1/2013
This is such a beautiful piece of work, I mean...gosh, it's just so touching and real and tragic and lovely. Your words make my heart ache and my eyes sting.
MK543 chapter 27 . 12/1/2013
I, too, will miss this when finished... this anatomy of an addicts relationships. Perhaps Alice & Jasper will make a home for Wren.
2,571 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »