Reviews for Protect and Serve: To Honor
Elfwine chapter 15 . 10/20/2012
I would love to read a sequel! This was a great chapter and an awesome ending. Im so happy you chose to reunite them. Thanks for completing this story.
Sleepsweetforever chapter 15 . 10/20/2012
Sad to see this story ending I really enjoyed reading it. I read both endings and I can't pick which one I liked better. Thank you for writing a good story. Hope to read more of your writing.
Countess Millarca chapter 14 . 10/20/2012
This was indeed as realistic as could be. It was...I think the right word is bittersweet without the sweet part, cause trust me I felt no sugar in here, just the illusion of it. It's amazing what the mind can come up with under extreme situations. I suppose it could happen to anyone at any given time. It's not necessarily bad on itself cause it helps you cope with what normally you wouldn't be able to, what's bad is when you wake up and have to live with what's left. I hope I'm not offending anyone, this is just my personal opinion based on what this chapter led to me to believe. Maybe she'll come through, meaybe she won't, it's up to anyone to imagine whatever they want from the ending sentence. Personally, I think now that her world has been shattered completely, it's time for her to start picking up the pieces and making the best of it, if she can. If she can't, well that's up to her now, isn't it? Whatever she decides to do, really no one has a right to judge or label her.

I think I'll put a pause for now and read the second ending some other day. I'm not ready yet to see something with happier tones. This was really intense and trapped me in it for some reason. Great work!
Glory Bee chapter 15 . 10/20/2012
I am a sucker for a happy ending so I read only this one and am pleased that you gave them this, though I am sad at how traumatized Lane is by her return to captivity. I very much would like to read more of their story, especially in Valinor where I believe she would find complete healing to her fea and hope to see her and Legolas have a family. :)
Countess Millarca chapter 13 . 10/20/2012
That's really nice of you, giving us this choice. I'll definitely read both, because my curiosity wouldn't let me be otherwise :)
freshneverfrozen chapter 15 . 10/20/2012
I'm the first to admit that I'm not big on overly happy endings but something about the 2nd epilogue made me smile. I do think though that you ended the story the way it needed to be ended. Giving the readers the option to believe either is awesome on your part as well. Both of them made me cry! I have no shame.

Anyway, the whole story, all three parts, was an absolute joy to read. Fanfiction just doesn't get any better. Thanks for staying true to Tolkien (and I totally lol'd at your dig at some self inserts. Consider Lane's opinion seconded!)

Your characters affected me just as deeply as any published work I've read. Lane was just plain awesome (yay for a heroine who isn't a heartless man-hater or a Bella Swan *ahem* Mary Sue), Gimli was (and always will be) my favorite, and I even swooned a bit over Legolas at times.

Thanks for writing this and for the effort you put into recreating Tolkien's world and characters. Awesome job and I hope your future writing goes well! Best of luck!

And you TOTALLY should write some one shots :)
Zee chapter 15 . 10/20/2012
I cried.
KnoKnayme chapter 15 . 10/20/2012
This was amazing! And yes a sequel would be very welcome! :)
redruby8 chapter 15 . 10/19/2012
oooohhh GOD yes sequel i freaking love this story PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ! (gets on hand and knees to beg)
redruby8 chapter 14 . 10/19/2012
i agree, i think this ending seems more real and even though its not really a happy ending it is better than the other one. and your an awesome writer i wish you would do more lotr fanfic... and Lane is in no way a mary sue. she has so much whats the word... character, depth and realism. Your awesome so keep writing very sad to see this end :(
Aureleis chapter 15 . 10/19/2012
I can definitely tell the other epilogue was the original, and this was good as well- just not quite as good. (Also less emotional.) I would love a sequel, a one shot, a prequel- anything to just continue this story. You did a fabulous job.

Best,
Aureleis
Aureleis chapter 14 . 10/19/2012
I'm not sure, again, whether to berate you for breaking my heart and making me cry, or to praise you for your incredible writing. I am honestly sitting here with tears pouring down my face. I can't even... well. I mean, it's all in a good way, I guess? I'm so emotionally unbalanced right now... just wow. Props to you for making me cry.

Best,
Aureleis
Sleepsweetforever chapter 12 . 10/17/2012
Great story. I hoped it wouldn't end that way but it made me mad and sad at the same time. Can't wait for the epilogue.
EmilyEverlasting chapter 12 . 10/13/2012
*screams* Okay, so that was... well beautiful. BUT GOD. SO SAD.
I knew it would make me sad and that she'd probably end up back home but I really really hoped she would have a happy ending. DANG IT. I had a horrible feeling it would be a cruel twist of fate but... I still didn't expect it. I may be contradicting myself here. I don't even know...
I still loved all of the stories of course. This is a confusing love/hate relationship. *ponders*
Anyways, I'm clinging to the hope that she will get to be happy, however unlikely.
In fact, I actually put off reading this last chapter because I was afraid this would happen.
Ah well, fantastic story. Carry on being awesome. And evil...
Mikado X Goddess chapter 7 . 10/12/2012