Reviews for Protect and Serve: To Honor
Countess Millarca chapter 15 . 10/21/2012
I believe that reading the original ending before this has made me somewhat biased. I don't know if it's because it was more natural and believable or because it was so intense that it overshadowed this one, but it did. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy this as well, but if I had to choose then I'd choose this one. Luckily, I don't have to xD! I have to give you credit though for keeping it as real as possible and not sugarcoating too much.

This story has been superb from beginning till end! Although I'm satisfied with the ending, I do wish to see whatever else you have written or will write in the future just because I'm in love with your writting style. You sure know how to create an amazing world and suck the reader in forever! Great work :)
EmilyEverlasting chapter 15 . 10/21/2012
Sequel? Interested? YES! A thousand yes's!
I am so glad you created this alternate ending (it is alternate right?). While I really did like the "real" one, I just love a good happy ending. Even if its not happily ever after, though close enough in this case.
Good luck with the rest of your writing! Thanks for the great read.
srade9779 chapter 15 . 10/21/2012
jay elaina came back even thought it was an another ending. this was an awesome story one of the best And I thank you deeply for writing this awesome piece of art. I have enjoyed it all the way through and would really like to see a sequel from such a great writer.

Till next time.
Bigglesworth chapter 15 . 10/20/2012
The original is so tragic and probably more realistic, but as always I'm a sucker for a happy ending. I loved both chapters and am happy with both endings. I'd love for there to be a sequel as you have become my favorite author on this site as your character's are original, relateable and more likable (in comparison to all the cringe worthy MS's on this site), your writing style is fantastic and it shows that you understand and respect Tolkien's work *goes to poll and votes for sequel*
Majikkani Hand chapter 14 . 10/20/2012
I like this (quite a bit, and I agree it seems the more fitting ending) but there's something about it that won't quite let me rest: is she actually fey, or not? It seems like that question ought to feature. If she IS fey, then wouldn't there be this mental defense of "well hey I already know of things that exist that they don't believe in" that needs to be broken down before we get to the ending, and if not, then shouldn't we see some rationalization of why she can't seem to do the things she thought she could? Either way, to not deal with it at all leaves me going "well wait now". I get that putting it in one way or another makes it harder to leave the story properly ambiguous, but it just doesn't sit quiiiite right for me without it. Hopefully this all made sense. :P
Elfwine chapter 15 . 10/20/2012
I would love to read a sequel! This was a great chapter and an awesome ending. Im so happy you chose to reunite them. Thanks for completing this story.
Sleepsweetforever chapter 15 . 10/20/2012
Sad to see this story ending I really enjoyed reading it. I read both endings and I can't pick which one I liked better. Thank you for writing a good story. Hope to read more of your writing.
Countess Millarca chapter 14 . 10/20/2012
This was indeed as realistic as could be. It was...I think the right word is bittersweet without the sweet part, cause trust me I felt no sugar in here, just the illusion of it. It's amazing what the mind can come up with under extreme situations. I suppose it could happen to anyone at any given time. It's not necessarily bad on itself cause it helps you cope with what normally you wouldn't be able to, what's bad is when you wake up and have to live with what's left. I hope I'm not offending anyone, this is just my personal opinion based on what this chapter led to me to believe. Maybe she'll come through, meaybe she won't, it's up to anyone to imagine whatever they want from the ending sentence. Personally, I think now that her world has been shattered completely, it's time for her to start picking up the pieces and making the best of it, if she can. If she can't, well that's up to her now, isn't it? Whatever she decides to do, really no one has a right to judge or label her.

I think I'll put a pause for now and read the second ending some other day. I'm not ready yet to see something with happier tones. This was really intense and trapped me in it for some reason. Great work!
Glory Bee chapter 15 . 10/20/2012
I am a sucker for a happy ending so I read only this one and am pleased that you gave them this, though I am sad at how traumatized Lane is by her return to captivity. I very much would like to read more of their story, especially in Valinor where I believe she would find complete healing to her fea and hope to see her and Legolas have a family. :)
Countess Millarca chapter 13 . 10/20/2012
That's really nice of you, giving us this choice. I'll definitely read both, because my curiosity wouldn't let me be otherwise :)
freshneverfrozen chapter 15 . 10/20/2012
I'm the first to admit that I'm not big on overly happy endings but something about the 2nd epilogue made me smile. I do think though that you ended the story the way it needed to be ended. Giving the readers the option to believe either is awesome on your part as well. Both of them made me cry! I have no shame.

Anyway, the whole story, all three parts, was an absolute joy to read. Fanfiction just doesn't get any better. Thanks for staying true to Tolkien (and I totally lol'd at your dig at some self inserts. Consider Lane's opinion seconded!)

Your characters affected me just as deeply as any published work I've read. Lane was just plain awesome (yay for a heroine who isn't a heartless man-hater or a Bella Swan *ahem* Mary Sue), Gimli was (and always will be) my favorite, and I even swooned a bit over Legolas at times.

Thanks for writing this and for the effort you put into recreating Tolkien's world and characters. Awesome job and I hope your future writing goes well! Best of luck!

And you TOTALLY should write some one shots :)
Zee chapter 15 . 10/20/2012
I cried.
KnoKnayme chapter 15 . 10/20/2012
This was amazing! And yes a sequel would be very welcome! :)
redruby8 chapter 15 . 10/19/2012
oooohhh GOD yes sequel i freaking love this story PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ! (gets on hand and knees to beg)
redruby8 chapter 14 . 10/19/2012
i agree, i think this ending seems more real and even though its not really a happy ending it is better than the other one. and your an awesome writer i wish you would do more lotr fanfic... and Lane is in no way a mary sue. she has so much whats the word... character, depth and realism. Your awesome so keep writing very sad to see this end :(
206 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »