Reviews for Protect and Serve: To Honor
Elfwine chapter 12 . 10/6/2012
I didn't see this coming, you are really sneaky! Oh I hate cliffhangers! Why?! You’re so mean. ( Please keep writing, because if this goes unfinished in the future I don't know what I will do. Though I highly doubt you will leave this incomplete. I look forward to more of this awesome cycle. Thanks for the update :)
marine maiden chapter 11 . 10/3/2012
Somehow I cannot picture Valar's threat as something menacing. I mean... pass the flames. Would be be as literal as "pass the lava of Mt. Doom"? LOL Sorry, I don't know why but somehow it makes me laugh whenever I read this sentence.

I hope Legolas wouldn't get too much mental scar for the next event - whatever that is. But well, if Lena can deal with a lot, he should learn to deal with them too :p
Sleepsweetforever chapter 11 . 9/28/2012
I know this story has to end but I really don't want it to. You have made this a great story to read. Thank you and as always another great chapter.
Countess Millarca chapter 11 . 9/24/2012
She did change the destiny for many, many people, but honestly who can blame her? Any person with a decent heart would have done the same, me included.

These visits from the Valar leave a bad taste in my mouth, but oh well, this one was at least a little bit enjoyable...especially the part where Mandos, excuse my language, got owned by his wife xD

Oww, poor Gimli, dreaming of swimming with little hairy women, while Lane and Legolas were being naughty not so far away...shame on them haha. I remember the part, I laughed so hard in the movie, thanks for reminding me :)

Great chapter
Aquarius-Otter chapter 11 . 9/24/2012
well good luck with that i understand completely but please don't just stop writing i love this story
EmilyEverlasting chapter 11 . 9/24/2012
Darn those Valar. So annoying! I would smack myself for being that vague. *sigh*
I have a theory about this trial by fire thing. I hope I'm wrong. It sounds... painful. Star-crossed lovers or not, they deserve a happy ending.
srade9779 chapter 11 . 9/23/2012
I cant wait for the end but in a way I dont want it to come cause this is an awesome story. That was a great chapter.
Till next time
Glory Bee chapter 11 . 9/22/2012
I have mixed feelings about the story being done. I am thinking if Lane cannot die in this world, then the Valar just needs to keep her alive until her and Legolas and Gimli sail to Valinor and there they can grant her immortality, she is certainly deserving of that. I do not want to see any more torment for either Lane or Legolas.
Karasu-LaoHu chapter 11 . 9/21/2012
Food over technology! And you keep giving us tantalizing scenes with The Valar! It's like getting a strip tease of the worst kind since they keep putting thier damn clothes back on! Freaking immortal god complex people! Even if they ARE actual deities...
Anyways, I liked how she, Lane, attempts to explain that she read all of this in a book and that is how she knows a lot of the events, not because she was blessed by the Valar. And then everyone goes, "Nope, you done been blessed by da Valar." I honestly would have done a face palm by then haha
Actually, I have to start re-reading The Hobbit for a theatre competition. The simplified version is that I get to submit set designs for the contest! The sad part is that we can only do 3 scenes...
marine maiden chapter 10 . 9/9/2012
Don't worry about the PSTD, if the reader cannot catch the symptoms for the last 2 installments and 9 chapters, it's their own problem. You cannot make it more obvious.

I like how Legolas don't care about other people's opinion. I guess living 2000 years can do that to you LMAO But he need to learn a lot about his new ability from Lena. Control especially. I can see he's very good in controlling himself or disregarding any unfriendly gestures directed to himself but definitely not when it's directed at his loved one. Very normal.

Regarding the Haldir part, I should admit it is nearly 10 years since I read the book so I can't actually recall LOL The movies seem easier to memorized (well, trilogy books compared to trilogy movies, you know the gist)

I like the part when she's horrified after she realized she hit him. Also the part where she feel like a failure when she said she cannot conceive. It's something that hasn't bothered her before but everything has their first :)

Gimli is getting used to Lena's presence, he can throw in dirty jokes just fine now ;) LOL

one thing a woman—any female—hates even more than being told what they will do, is being told what they should feel.
Right on the mark, girl :D
Bigglesworth chapter 10 . 9/8/2012
I've now just finished reading the entire story so far and I love it! I love Lane's character and how she is far more easier to relate to and believable than most stories (not to mention more exciting to read) I'm so glad that there are people like you who actually grasp the concept and characters of this story, which makes it more believable on how they would react in certain situations and I applaud you for not using modern day speech for them, again keeping in character. I'll be looking forward to the next chapter :)
Countess Millarca chapter 10 . 9/7/2012
Even If I did not agree with his initial reaction to Lane's decision, I do get why he behaved like that. They say it takes a real man to admit his mistakes and I guess Legolas just proved that in this chapter :D

I have no experience in PSTD behavior, so I cannot say anything on the matter, but I do believe you have researched this and did not rely only on your own experience. You seem like a very serious and dedicated writer, so whatever you may hear about this matter just ignore it. I found your intake on it very realistic :-)

I could bash Elladan for his attitude, but let's face it, prejudice has long roots and it's not easy to change millenia rooted beliefs. Even humans have a hard time accepting their relationship, so for elves who have lived much, much longer must be quite difficult. Besides he didn't seem so judgemental to me, merely confused. I guess in time he will change his mind with the help of his brother. Also, he might be overlapping their situation with Arwen and Aragorn, so I guess it was already a sore matter for him.

Great chapter! Take your time and update when you can! We'll be waiting
EmilyEverlasting chapter 10 . 9/6/2012
I don't think her outburst was out of character at all. In fact, it makes a heck of a lot of sense. With everything she's been through, like you said, her anger is understandable. I've actually been just waiting for her to do that. It's not excusable, but better for her to let off some steam instead of letting it fester.
Hah! I loved how shocked they were by her age! That fancy pants elf twin is annoying though *grumbles*
Great Chapter! Keep up the great work!
CGKrows chapter 10 . 9/6/2012
Loving it! Can't wait for more!
KnoKnayme chapter 10 . 9/5/2012
Oh man this was an especially awesome chapter!
191 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 .. Last Next »