Reviews for Protect and Serve: To Honor
Countess Millarca chapter 10 . 9/7/2012
Even If I did not agree with his initial reaction to Lane's decision, I do get why he behaved like that. They say it takes a real man to admit his mistakes and I guess Legolas just proved that in this chapter :D

I have no experience in PSTD behavior, so I cannot say anything on the matter, but I do believe you have researched this and did not rely only on your own experience. You seem like a very serious and dedicated writer, so whatever you may hear about this matter just ignore it. I found your intake on it very realistic :-)

I could bash Elladan for his attitude, but let's face it, prejudice has long roots and it's not easy to change millenia rooted beliefs. Even humans have a hard time accepting their relationship, so for elves who have lived much, much longer must be quite difficult. Besides he didn't seem so judgemental to me, merely confused. I guess in time he will change his mind with the help of his brother. Also, he might be overlapping their situation with Arwen and Aragorn, so I guess it was already a sore matter for him.

Great chapter! Take your time and update when you can! We'll be waiting
EmilyEverlasting chapter 10 . 9/6/2012
I don't think her outburst was out of character at all. In fact, it makes a heck of a lot of sense. With everything she's been through, like you said, her anger is understandable. I've actually been just waiting for her to do that. It's not excusable, but better for her to let off some steam instead of letting it fester.
Hah! I loved how shocked they were by her age! That fancy pants elf twin is annoying though *grumbles*
Great Chapter! Keep up the great work!
CGKrows chapter 10 . 9/6/2012
Loving it! Can't wait for more!
KnoKnayme chapter 10 . 9/5/2012
Oh man this was an especially awesome chapter!
Glory Bee chapter 10 . 9/5/2012
Thank you for sharing your own personal history with PTSD, I appreciate that you are knowledgeable on the subject though it must be rough to actually experience it, in whatever measure you do. It is good to be able to turn your own pain into your creative writing. :)
Karasu-LaoHu chapter 10 . 9/5/2012
Thanks for making the twins not all " feminism is awesome!" I think that elves, for the most part, would be much more sexist considering the long lives that they possess. In our world, the reason that views shift is because there will be new generations growing up believing different things than the one before them. But the elves don't really have that. Sure, they have the older ones like Galadriel and the younger ones like Legolas, but it's not the same. I think some, or most, of the elves in Lothloriel are different because they look up to and are lead by the Lady Galadriel, thus thier better reaction to Lane.
Anyways, outside of the whole Mini speech up there I thought it was great. You know, the whole fight scene. I love that part where Lane tells Legolas the side of the women left behind for the wars that wreck Middle Earth. Also, I think it would be great if Lane fryer to explains colloquialisms to her buddies, because some of the origins are pretty funny. That, and maybe what some of her choice profanity mean. My dad was part of the Marines, so I kind of have an idea what kind of language they use and how inventive they can be with it, especially when dressing someone down.
Sleepsweetforever chapter 10 . 9/5/2012
Another great chapter. As always looking forward to the next one.
marine maiden chapter 9 . 9/4/2012
"** Marriage is an adventure, like going to war G. K. Chesterton **" - can't be truer LOL

So far so good with this series. I read the extended version of chapter 7 and if you're asking about the sex, it's okay. I'm speculating that since you most likely going to return Lena to our world, Legolas will dying to find a way to follow. Now things would be funny if again the same rule implies, that Legolas need to return to Middle Earth after he reached there. It would be amusing to see you finding a way around your own rules LMAO. I've been wanting to say this, are you trying to mix Melissa Marr's world (Wicked Lovely) with LOTR? LMAO (took me quite awhile to recall this book title since I read it like 3 years ago) But if you really take this turn - i.e moving Legolas to modern world - it will be extremely interesting to see him confront the fairies that he has never met and only heard from Lena POV.

Binding things is quite unexpected since it was never mentioned anywhere prior in the story but I think it'll turn out good. That means Legolas would also feel Lena's pain and extreme fear whenever she's in panic attack or caught by Sauron. I'm very curious how Legolas would act in his anger and protective mood.

Again, you surprised me when we are brought to the topic of age. I've been guessing why it has never been mentioned since the start of the story. Good that you don't rush it. Because if you put it in beginning, this story will surely turn into some sort of Mary Sue. Right now it fit in just nice. No wonder she's logical and mature all the time. They say the age accounts for something after all... -_-"

I'll be waiting for your update whenever that is (I know fully well author has real life issues to deal with LOL). Just don't forget us ;) Thank you for your time and effort in writing this. I will not be putting this installment into favorites yet because I'm still wary that you will end the whole story with their separation. Oh btw, if it's really so, I'm going to travel through dream world and kill you. Trust me *bright smile*
CGKrows chapter 9 . 9/3/2012
Write MOAR
EmilyEverlasting chapter 9 . 8/30/2012
Great Chapter!
Trouble in paradise already. crap! Silly Legolas for thinking he could make her decisions, she's completely right on this one. *facepalm*
How old is Nethiel again? Even in Middle Earth standards she's quite young, but I still love that little possible pairing. CUTE
Countess Millarca chapter 9 . 8/30/2012
Sorry for taking so long to read and review; I was away on my long awaited and much needed vacation lol

I truly enjoyed the last two chapters. It's nice to finally see them acting as a real couple, no sneaking around and no withholding hidden feelings. It was a nice change_

I also laughed hard with everyone's reactions when they announced their marriage to them, i.e. Nethiel, Gimli, Merry &Pip, Aragorn and the others.

The talk with Halbarad was a nice touch! Men, why must women always point out for them what they truly feel? LOL

As for this chapter's final paragraphs, really? Not only, what, two days married and the big he-man act magically appears? Well, I admit it was fast, even with the war coming. I mean he never verbally forbade her from entering the battle (even if he secretly disapproved or subtly tried to dissuade Lane), so it struck me as kind of odd to act that way just because they are married now...It's obvious why he acts that way (I understand that he's worrying over the danger they're facing), but he should consider Lane's feelings as well. She is worrying for him as well, but you don't see her giving him an order to stay put. Anyway, forgive my blabbering, it's just that I have enough experience with overbearing men and the Legolas you pictured in this story didn't seem as someone who would remotely act that way. I figured him more the "we fight and die together if that is our fate" or "please be careful and don't take risks fighting" sort of guy, if you know what I mean... I think I lost it somewhere trying to explain why his behavior bothered me haha

You are doing great, the last bit was my own opinion (a crazy one at that lol) and nothing you should be concerned with, I just couldn't help to comment...I guess it really struck a nerve hahaha
mariarosa chapter 9 . 8/28/2012
I loooooooove this story! Can't wait to read what happens next now that Legolas is in the doghouse lol
srade9779 chapter 9 . 8/26/2012
I really thought legolas would have learned already! the chapter was a good one though. please keep writing.

till next time
Zach of death chapter 9 . 8/24/2012
very good, it seems Legolas and Lane have had their first lover's spat, this will be entertaining to read.
ZabuzasGirl chapter 9 . 8/24/2012