Reviews for Protect and Serve: To Honor
EmilyEverlasting chapter 11 . 9/24/2012
Darn those Valar. So annoying! I would smack myself for being that vague. *sigh*
I have a theory about this trial by fire thing. I hope I'm wrong. It sounds... painful. Star-crossed lovers or not, they deserve a happy ending.
srade9779 chapter 11 . 9/23/2012
I cant wait for the end but in a way I dont want it to come cause this is an awesome story. That was a great chapter.
Till next time
Glory Bee chapter 11 . 9/22/2012
I have mixed feelings about the story being done. I am thinking if Lane cannot die in this world, then the Valar just needs to keep her alive until her and Legolas and Gimli sail to Valinor and there they can grant her immortality, she is certainly deserving of that. I do not want to see any more torment for either Lane or Legolas.
Karasu-LaoHu chapter 11 . 9/21/2012
Food over technology! And you keep giving us tantalizing scenes with The Valar! It's like getting a strip tease of the worst kind since they keep putting thier damn clothes back on! Freaking immortal god complex people! Even if they ARE actual deities...
Anyways, I liked how she, Lane, attempts to explain that she read all of this in a book and that is how she knows a lot of the events, not because she was blessed by the Valar. And then everyone goes, "Nope, you done been blessed by da Valar." I honestly would have done a face palm by then haha
Actually, I have to start re-reading The Hobbit for a theatre competition. The simplified version is that I get to submit set designs for the contest! The sad part is that we can only do 3 scenes...
marine maiden chapter 10 . 9/9/2012
Don't worry about the PSTD, if the reader cannot catch the symptoms for the last 2 installments and 9 chapters, it's their own problem. You cannot make it more obvious.

I like how Legolas don't care about other people's opinion. I guess living 2000 years can do that to you LMAO But he need to learn a lot about his new ability from Lena. Control especially. I can see he's very good in controlling himself or disregarding any unfriendly gestures directed to himself but definitely not when it's directed at his loved one. Very normal.

Regarding the Haldir part, I should admit it is nearly 10 years since I read the book so I can't actually recall LOL The movies seem easier to memorized (well, trilogy books compared to trilogy movies, you know the gist)

I like the part when she's horrified after she realized she hit him. Also the part where she feel like a failure when she said she cannot conceive. It's something that hasn't bothered her before but everything has their first :)

Gimli is getting used to Lena's presence, he can throw in dirty jokes just fine now ;) LOL

one thing a woman—any female—hates even more than being told what they will do, is being told what they should feel.
Right on the mark, girl :D
Bigglesworth chapter 10 . 9/8/2012
I've now just finished reading the entire story so far and I love it! I love Lane's character and how she is far more easier to relate to and believable than most stories (not to mention more exciting to read) I'm so glad that there are people like you who actually grasp the concept and characters of this story, which makes it more believable on how they would react in certain situations and I applaud you for not using modern day speech for them, again keeping in character. I'll be looking forward to the next chapter :)
Countess Millarca chapter 10 . 9/7/2012
Even If I did not agree with his initial reaction to Lane's decision, I do get why he behaved like that. They say it takes a real man to admit his mistakes and I guess Legolas just proved that in this chapter :D

I have no experience in PSTD behavior, so I cannot say anything on the matter, but I do believe you have researched this and did not rely only on your own experience. You seem like a very serious and dedicated writer, so whatever you may hear about this matter just ignore it. I found your intake on it very realistic :-)

I could bash Elladan for his attitude, but let's face it, prejudice has long roots and it's not easy to change millenia rooted beliefs. Even humans have a hard time accepting their relationship, so for elves who have lived much, much longer must be quite difficult. Besides he didn't seem so judgemental to me, merely confused. I guess in time he will change his mind with the help of his brother. Also, he might be overlapping their situation with Arwen and Aragorn, so I guess it was already a sore matter for him.

Great chapter! Take your time and update when you can! We'll be waiting
EmilyEverlasting chapter 10 . 9/6/2012
I don't think her outburst was out of character at all. In fact, it makes a heck of a lot of sense. With everything she's been through, like you said, her anger is understandable. I've actually been just waiting for her to do that. It's not excusable, but better for her to let off some steam instead of letting it fester.
Hah! I loved how shocked they were by her age! That fancy pants elf twin is annoying though *grumbles*
Great Chapter! Keep up the great work!
CGKrows chapter 10 . 9/6/2012
Loving it! Can't wait for more!
KnoKnayme chapter 10 . 9/5/2012
Oh man this was an especially awesome chapter!
Glory Bee chapter 10 . 9/5/2012
Thank you for sharing your own personal history with PTSD, I appreciate that you are knowledgeable on the subject though it must be rough to actually experience it, in whatever measure you do. It is good to be able to turn your own pain into your creative writing. :)
Karasu-LaoHu chapter 10 . 9/5/2012
Thanks for making the twins not all " feminism is awesome!" I think that elves, for the most part, would be much more sexist considering the long lives that they possess. In our world, the reason that views shift is because there will be new generations growing up believing different things than the one before them. But the elves don't really have that. Sure, they have the older ones like Galadriel and the younger ones like Legolas, but it's not the same. I think some, or most, of the elves in Lothloriel are different because they look up to and are lead by the Lady Galadriel, thus thier better reaction to Lane.
Anyways, outside of the whole Mini speech up there I thought it was great. You know, the whole fight scene. I love that part where Lane tells Legolas the side of the women left behind for the wars that wreck Middle Earth. Also, I think it would be great if Lane fryer to explains colloquialisms to her buddies, because some of the origins are pretty funny. That, and maybe what some of her choice profanity mean. My dad was part of the Marines, so I kind of have an idea what kind of language they use and how inventive they can be with it, especially when dressing someone down.
Sleepsweetforever chapter 10 . 9/5/2012
Another great chapter. As always looking forward to the next one.
marine maiden chapter 9 . 9/4/2012
"** Marriage is an adventure, like going to war G. K. Chesterton **" - can't be truer LOL

So far so good with this series. I read the extended version of chapter 7 and if you're asking about the sex, it's okay. I'm speculating that since you most likely going to return Lena to our world, Legolas will dying to find a way to follow. Now things would be funny if again the same rule implies, that Legolas need to return to Middle Earth after he reached there. It would be amusing to see you finding a way around your own rules LMAO. I've been wanting to say this, are you trying to mix Melissa Marr's world (Wicked Lovely) with LOTR? LMAO (took me quite awhile to recall this book title since I read it like 3 years ago) But if you really take this turn - i.e moving Legolas to modern world - it will be extremely interesting to see him confront the fairies that he has never met and only heard from Lena POV.

Binding things is quite unexpected since it was never mentioned anywhere prior in the story but I think it'll turn out good. That means Legolas would also feel Lena's pain and extreme fear whenever she's in panic attack or caught by Sauron. I'm very curious how Legolas would act in his anger and protective mood.

Again, you surprised me when we are brought to the topic of age. I've been guessing why it has never been mentioned since the start of the story. Good that you don't rush it. Because if you put it in beginning, this story will surely turn into some sort of Mary Sue. Right now it fit in just nice. No wonder she's logical and mature all the time. They say the age accounts for something after all... -_-"

I'll be waiting for your update whenever that is (I know fully well author has real life issues to deal with LOL). Just don't forget us ;) Thank you for your time and effort in writing this. I will not be putting this installment into favorites yet because I'm still wary that you will end the whole story with their separation. Oh btw, if it's really so, I'm going to travel through dream world and kill you. Trust me *bright smile*
CGKrows chapter 9 . 9/3/2012