Reviews for Once Upon A Time There Was An Ocean
Von chapter 15 . 3/5
This was gorgeous. I miss trio!RoseDocJack so much. I'm so lucky to have fallen over this story already completed! I'm ravenous for more! :)

Thanks for a wonderful read I couldn't put down.
1412 karasu chapter 15 . 9/6/2014
Headcannon accepted.
Also, what? They didn't bring up the "inappropriate thing to do on the TARDIS console?"
And I know he adjusted for when Jack was on board, but now that he's not, do you think that's why he missed by months instead of hours? :P
-1k
Godiva9 chapter 15 . 7/31/2014
A truly fantastic story, I loved the Rose/Nine interaction and the trust, tension, angst, and love you developed for their relationship was phenomenal! Great work! : )
kinzeylee chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
I love this story, especially the later chapters. The song and title fit so well to the story because they really are different people now, even though they're back together for a short time. It's bitter sweet because it reminds you of an era in the show that is over, and it's sad to see Jack and Rose come to that realization. Wonderful story!
KingofHell16 chapter 6 . 3/26/2014
Oh god I guessed it was Jack, but wow this fic is just great job.
TiaKisu chapter 15 . 3/21/2014
Wow, what a fantastic piece of work! I love how you reunited Team TARDIS and made sure this whole little adventure could actually be canon. It is so fascinating and weird at the same time to see these three people be together again when they're all at different points in their common timeline, if I may call it such. With Rose being the furthest ahead she bears such a heavy burden. At the same time, Jack and the Doctor are still protecting her from the knowledge that the captain's changed. It really is amazing, no matter whether they can hardly trust each other because they either don't know each other yet (as for the Doctor's part in this) or have no idea what happened in all those years in-between - they just form a tight-knit family all over again.

I really adored how you handled the complexity of the situation and how you had everyone be this in character despite the crazy circumstances. The Doctor not trusting Rose at first and becoming almost hostile the moment he thinks she's from a parallel dimension captured him really, really well - just like the scene did where he indeed refrained from entering her mind because she told him not to. And the transition from him being all suspicious to him practically giving her conrol over his memory of her, that was really well done.

The idea of Rose finally seeing her first Doctor again is such a great one, though at the same time it's so sad. Finally, she can have her goodbye but it also means losing him all over again. And Jack, it really makes me sad that he won't ever remember this. At least, the Doctor will unlock the memories again one day, but Jack can't do the same. This adventure will be lost to him, forever.

At the end, in this last chapter, that was beautiful just like it was haunting in a way, I really felt depressed when Rose sat together with the Doctor and Jack, revelling in the familiarity of it all, and at the same time being so keenly aware of how this was different. I don't quite know how to describe it, but the notion that she knew it could never be the same again, that it wasn't even in that moment, that really got to me. Maybe because it reminds me of how sometimes we all think back on something and wish we could have it again, even if just for a day. But we know it wouldn't be the same and that's what you portrayed so well in that paragraph.

Anyway. The ending for sure was way awesome and I adore how the Doctor knew by then that Rose would matter.

Thanks a lot for writing and sharing such a brilliant tale. I really enjoyed reading it!
Blue Stone Shining Wolf chapter 15 . 3/21/2014
And now there are teardrops all over my computer and I am bawling like a baby. That was very moving and very, VERY well done. I could go on as to why. How she missed him with the blue eyes and leather, but how he knew. Thank you for concluding this in a way that it could really have happened, that she had that chance to see Nine just one more time. And it explains the kiss on Journey's End too. This is my new headcanon.

Just...Thank you.
Blue Stone Shining Wolf chapter 10 . 3/20/2014
I keep feeling so sad reading this and I was trying to figure out why. Then it dawned on me. Rose sees the Doctor again (ten) and eventually gets her own part-human doctor for her "forever," but she never gets to see Jack again. I love watching them all interact here.
Blue Stone Shining Wolf chapter 9 . 3/20/2014
Love the jealous boyfriend line. And I have to say I am really enjoying watching this trio again. And the Doctor. It really was love at first site for him, wasn't it, even this time around.
Blue Stone Shining Wolf chapter 3 . 3/20/2014
Yeah, I said I wasn't going to comment on every chapter, but this just keeps being good. Yikes, they are in TORCHWOOD!
Blue Stone Shining Wolf chapter 2 . 3/20/2014
Great dialogue. So true to both of them. And sneaky Doctor!
Blue Stone Shining Wolf chapter 1 . 3/20/2014
This was just added to my community by one of the other staff. I have just read the first chapter and am hooked. :) Since this is older I likely wont comment on every chapter, but just wanted to say hi and let you know it is being read.
Aunt.Sue.NihgCharthaigh chapter 15 . 3/10/2014
Excellent story! I've always been trepidatious about reading fan fiction. So often the stories are poorly written. This time I've seen a true author and I couldn't be more pleased! I'm so very lucky; you have plenty of stories for me to read! Thank you for a truly uplifting experience.
ran0neechan chapter 15 . 2/4/2014