Reviews for version 1
LeanoraPascault chapter 15 . 10/31/2013
You made me cry so much during this story. I ached and raged and cried some more on this amazing roller coaster ride ! Thank you for putting this to paper so to speak.
deadwitchwalking chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
So, today is not your birthday but let's pretend it is because you asked me to. Or something like that. Since I can't get you anything of value and not even a freaking hug, I decided to give you the next best thing and just review Reunion. Yes, the whole story. Chapter by chapter, rambling style a la Rae. I'm also typing this on a tablet so if that doesn't mean I love you I don't fucking know what does. Also: I will only forgive you for guessing my idea if you forgive me for teasing you. Deal? Deal. Anyway, happy early birthday and happy review reading. Here we go.

Reunion was the first story of yours I ever read which shouldn't come as a surprise since I only read Shenko fanfiction and this was your first. And damn if it doesn't still move and touch me after reading it the nth time. I actually hardly read any post ME3 fiction. Believe it or not, I have my own little headcanon and am not particularly interested in reading about others, at least not in terms of chapter fics.

But I stumbled upon Reunion when I was still so very raw from the disastrous ending that I needed to read something like this, something that wasn't born in my own head. And then I found this story and, well, the rest is history or something like that.

What you probably don’t know is that I sometimes have trouble reading scenes from the game with different dialogue. It just throws me off a loop and it takes some time to get in the right mindset. Which is why I was very unsure about your beginning at first, seeing that it’s a scene we know from ME3 but written in a way we don’t know. In hindsight it makes perfect sense and somehow has gotten a “Sam Shepard” thing for me. It’s refreshing and new but still feels familiar since you manage to hit the right tone and sometimes even improve dialogue from the games.

It’s rather odd looking back at the first chapter of Reunion with everything that you wrote after in mind which is one of the reasons I put off reviewing for so long. You have grown so much since then and while this is still SO much better than a lot of other fanfiction (or even novels) I have read, I think you could do even better now. Your choice of words has changed a bit since then. You’ve gotten surer of yourself, and your writing. You say more with less words, leave more to the imagination or between the lines. I’m not sure how to say it since less dramatic or flowery doesn’t quite cut it since you never were overly dramatic. I’m desperately searching for the right word right now but my brain is failing in both languages so I’ll just keep going and hope you know what I mean.

I like that you started with a scene from the past, written in present tense, and followed with another scene from the “present” but written in past tense. I’m not overly fond of stories in present tense so this was and still is a pleasant surprise and also gives the story an interesting twist since we can imagine it’s happening in Shepard’s head right now, that it feels more real to her than her situation while she’s fighting for her life.

I loved the part when Shepard realized that she didn’t have a purpose anymore but instead of thinking “Well, I can die now” her thought is “there will probably be another one sooner or later” which just shows what kind of person she is: a fighter. Because no matter that there will probably never be a threat like the reapers again, there are still battles to be fought or maybe no battles but other things to live for. Her ship, her crew, her friends, her love. I just love this part so much. As well as that her thoughts are rather flimsy things, drifting in and out of her head as she drifts in and out of consciousness and the fact that you don’t over describe it. You just give us a feeling of what Shepard is feeling without waxing on poetically about it. It makes it much more real, hits closer to home.

While I liked the beginning that part showed me that I found a real gem in terms of fanfiction and I wasn’t wrong.
Fauxrebel chapter 15 . 5/10/2013
This by far THE BEST Shenko fanfic I've read. It was absolutely amaZING!
Kat chapter 15 . 4/6/2013
What a beautiful story... I literally had a lump in my throat the whole time I was reading through, it was just so emotionally visceral. I'm not a very big Shenko fan, but this story really moved me... their relationship and the little Chicago flashbacks scattered throughout just made it all very heart-wrenching and real. I also really liked the Miranda/Zaeed/Jack aspect (I have such a soft spot for Jack, and I love the direction you took her in).

I really loved your story :D
xtaline chapter 15 . 4/4/2013
This is an amazing story! I read it over the last two days and just love everything about it. It may just be my new cannon :)
Kammy chapter 15 . 3/23/2013
Awesome story! Thanks for giving this couple and the characters a great ending! :)
Potterfan308 chapter 15 . 3/23/2013
Best story about femshep and Kaidan I've ever read! You're an amazing writer. Keep it up!
millsenberry chapter 15 . 3/11/2013
I had to come back and read this fic after I finished the citadel dlc. What a ride. The feeeeeeels! Now I can be at fan girl peace with closure for Shep & kaidan. Amazing story!
Eleneri chapter 15 . 2/14/2013
WHAT A RUSH!

This was a great ending to a great story! It hits home for me since my daughter was five when she got her little brother, too. I bet she'd have liked having an uncle James to play spaceship with her at the time...

I was having happy geek moments; Aunt Miranda? Aunt Jack? Uncles James and Joker. I about fell over when I hit Grandpa Zaeed. Grandpa Zaeed. Grandpa Hackett? Grandpa JAVIK? (My grandpa is 50,000 years old. Top that! You can take your relatives to kindergarten for show and tell.)

This has been a glorious, wonderful ride. Thank you so much for writing it!
Eleneri chapter 14 . 2/14/2013
I need a picture of this hospital room, with all these amazingly fascinating, fierce people, and they're all orbiting around this tiny little gnome of a thing. The very idea brings me to tears.

But you know what really makes me want to cry? Jack.

Jack is... incredible. James is beautifully written, his character expanded on, but what you've done for Jack is nothing short of art.
Eleneri chapter 13 . 2/14/2013
FINALLY! Although I am surprised that Kaidan didn't blow through the hospital in an explosion of biotics... And thank goodness for Hackett.
Eleneri chapter 12 . 2/14/2013
OK, Aunt Jack is scary - in a good way. I now adore your crazy trio of Zaeed, Jack and Miranda. Shepard kicks MAJOR ass, and the Normandy is refueled.

OK, so why is my heart pumping so hard?

Come on, Joker. Fly faster!
Eleneri chapter 11 . 2/14/2013
Oh, the uncanny knowing between Shepard and Kaidan is great, but...

There is going to be hell to pay. Seriously. Hell.
Eleneri chapter 10 . 2/14/2013
Jack and Miranda anti-bonding over baby gear. Hilarious! Hang on, Shepard! Kaidan's coming home; after the dust up with Cerberus during a resupply...
Eleneri chapter 9 . 2/14/2013
Your cliffhangers are killing me. You are too damn good at this.

Carry on.