Reviews for Oyster Tea
geminii524 chapter 14 . 4/16
At last! An update :) awwhh, Alice has been outed by that hateful Dormie. And somehow Dodo might hear about it. This is not good at all.

Please send another chapter soon!
RedCirce chapter 14 . 4/5
So I don't remember how I found this story (It must be magic, because I had it on notification though I hadn't read it) but I'm really glad I did because I am loving it and fascinated to see where it goes.

I really like AUs that stick to the original world with small, significant tweaks, and I like how you fleshed out Wonderland (the clothing shops, how the tea shop is run) while also showing how much an Alice that entered it a different way would be changed. I really like what you've done with the Cheshire, who is appropriately creepy and with shady motives, and I'm curious where you go with the revelation that Hatter was a former assassin for the Queen.

The developing trust between Alice and Hatter is well done, even as Alice's feelings for him become more complex as she awakens. I'm enjoying seeing him slowly shift from someone she's just grateful to, to (almost) a friend. It was really interesting seeing her go from being pretty flat, to more emotional, and working on settling in between those extremes. (Though it seems like she's still having trouble controlling her emotions when she needs to, poor Alice!) It's also interesting seeing her gain more and more agency, even as it ranges from good decisions like defending herself from teaheads to stealing tea for illicit meetings with a cat. I'm excited to see how you handle those threads when Hatter finds out- is he going to react as her employer or friend? He also seems like he he wants to protect her and help her heal from her mistreatment, so it will be interesting if he views her transgressions (if he finds out) 100% badly or appreciates that she's stretching her wings, albeit in some ways that may be unwise.

I'm really curious to see what Jack's deal is- is he totally playing Alice, or is he genuinely fond of her? Original flavor Alice was a lot more suspicious and closed off, but this world's Alice seems a bit more susceptible to his charms. I'm also wondering how much you will pull from the original plot. Is there a Carpenter in this world? Did Jack know who Alice was from the start, and tried to pretend their meeting was a happy coincidence? Does Hatter realize his jealousy might have more to do with Alice than not trusting Jack? So many questions!

Anyway, enough rambling. I really hope you continue this, it's fabulous!
kelleyj chapter 14 . 4/5
Happy that you are back. Looking forward to the next chapter. Please dont give up on your story it is a good one. So now some Wonderlanders know that she can talk. This cant be good at all. What is Hatter gonna say when he finds out, or is he going to find out. Hope to read soon whats going to happen. :)
Phillip chapter 14 . 4/4
Thanks for updating again! Great chapter, and looking forward to more ]
rats xp chapter 14 . 4/3
yay, you were finally able to update!
and i love all the different mood swings Alice seems to go through, it makes for interesting character development :)
also, i'm curious as to how Hatter will react once he finds out what all has happened while he was gone ;P
i hope you will be able to update faster than last time, but at any rate i will still wait as long you don't give up on this story...
good luck, and i will see you at the next update :D
Yay! I'm glad you've decided to continue. :)
Hope Diamond chapter 14 . 4/3
can't wait for the nest update! love it!
ChiefPam chapter 14 . 4/3
Atta girl, Alice! and wow, yeah, it's been a while since I've seen this story... good to know you haven't abandoned it.
thebooknerdgeek chapter 14 . 4/3
Yeah! Go alice! Thanks for updating please do it again soon I really want to see Hatter!
ladywisdom chapter 13 . 3/4
Please don't give up on this story, it's great fun!
rats xp chapter 13 . 12/9/2014
I totally love this and I am very intrigued by what will happen next :)
I really hope that you will update this story again really soon!
StarliteOracle chapter 1 . 11/15/2014
clockadile chapter 13 . 10/30/2014
As you seem concerned we may have given up this story as destined to the ever growing abyss of incomplete fanfiction, let me assure you that we're still waiting and watching patiently for each update. :) And I can't recall if I said before or not, but LOVED the unhelpful-directions cheshire. It was a really well written in nod to the source material that made me wiggle my toes in glee once I caught on. :D

Thank you for continuing no matter the pace!
Geminii524 chapter 13 . 10/27/2014
Thanks for coming back to this! Alice certainly needs Hatter back soon! When is he coming back? I think she is getting into more trouble, especially with that oily Jack oozing around.
Hope Diamond chapter 13 . 10/25/2014
I'm so glad you posted a new chapter! Can't wait for more!