Reviews for Oyster Tea
rats xp chapter 13 . 12/9/2014
I totally love this and I am very intrigued by what will happen next :)
I really hope that you will update this story again really soon!
StarliteOracle chapter 1 . 11/15/2014
clockadile chapter 13 . 10/30/2014
As you seem concerned we may have given up this story as destined to the ever growing abyss of incomplete fanfiction, let me assure you that we're still waiting and watching patiently for each update. :) And I can't recall if I said before or not, but LOVED the unhelpful-directions cheshire. It was a really well written in nod to the source material that made me wiggle my toes in glee once I caught on. :D

Thank you for continuing no matter the pace!
Geminii524 chapter 13 . 10/27/2014
Thanks for coming back to this! Alice certainly needs Hatter back soon! When is he coming back? I think she is getting into more trouble, especially with that oily Jack oozing around.
Hope Diamond chapter 13 . 10/25/2014
I'm so glad you posted a new chapter! Can't wait for more!
MissusGages chapter 13 . 10/25/2014
Poor Alice! I hope this ugly business with Chez is done soon and Hatter comes back. He takes care of her. Thanks for the update!
Streets of Where I'm From chapter 13 . 10/24/2014
I'm so glad this story is still going! I'm anxious to see what's next...hopefully some Hatter!
rottenwriter83 chapter 12 . 9/29/2014
Have you abandoned this thread?
Edhla chapter 3 . 9/7/2014
Oh, the first paragraph here really made me smile. His first puppy... that he never actually had. I get the point exactly, hatter :D

[A high-pitched] Should this be its own paragraph?

I don't know what Dormie is like in the TV series, but your choice of words to describe her here are really mouse-like; she scurries, squeaks and hisses. And then we get the expression "damn well", which was just so gloriously unexpected!

[Probably higher than you can] I love this moment of faint, defiant bitchiness, and the fact that Hatter is completely unperturbed and gives a response that's just as sarcastic.

[Melancholy and Sadness] It's so true that there's a difference :D

[human rat and smells bad] I burst out laughing :D But I do like Alice here, a lot. She's no dummy, and even though she's trying to fly under the radar, she's not a pushover, either. The way Hatter deals with her is fascinating... he's at once nice (addressing her need for clothes) and then not so much (ostensibly because it's bad for business.)

Still really enjoying this x
Edhla chapter 2 . 9/7/2014
Loved the description of the tea house, particularly your attention to the smell (sweat and tea. Gross. I was in the middle of drinking a cup of tea just now... ;))

[Alice could see] Your mileage may vary on this one (it always does with stylistic issues, I think!) but I felt this chapter head-hopped a little bit between Alice and Hatter... in one paragraph we're in Alice's head and seeing what she sees, and in the next, we're in Hatter's head and get an insight into his great love of his chair :)

I really love the fact that even though Alice is being really passive and shows very little emotion, there's a world of exchanges between her and Hatter. Her exhausted facade sort of drops when she tells Hatter he's "crazy", as if she's being gradually brought to life. The explanation as to why she's so dull and expressionless that comes later in the chapter is very nicely placed for someone who's canon blind like me - I noted Alice's behaviour and wondered about it, but didn't have to wonder for too long.

[dead insects] I've never reflected on what dead insects might smell like; this was brilliantly observed and highly original.

[he was a showman] Excellent characterisation of both Hatter and Alice here.

[conception] Should this be "concept"?

Again, a painful but apt observation that one needs to have enough strength to even feel hopeful. A bleak ending to the chapter, but I'm sure things won't be so bleak for long. x
Edhla chapter 1 . 9/7/2014
Although I'm canon blind, I thought this first chapter was really engaging and well-written (I have no real opinion on the pairing :p)

The almost childlike simplicity of the beginning is really easy to get into. At first, I wondered why "Suits" was capitalised, thinking that Hatter was not a fan of wearing suits; the third sentence fixed that up nicely. I also liked "not one little bit"; it has a childlike sort of quality, almost like Dr. Seuss.

The set-up of the tea shop being basically a front for organised bootlegging is wonderful, as is the faint note of menace with Hatter and his "sledgehammer hand."

I love the dialogue between Hatter and the girl; the beginning was particularly masterful because it was framed up as banal dialogue but actually did many things - showed character, moved the plot forward, etc. The casual rescinding of Ricky's not being there to "he's in there" was nicely done, too.

I had to google what an "oyster" was, and it was fascinating :) I don't think they ever showed this series in my part of the world, but I wish they did.

Loved the "pearls of emotion" line, and this:

[I got nothing from that] As serious as it generally was, I snorted with that :D "Clammed up" at the end was a nice (intentional?) play on words. The two interact really nicely, and I'm looking forward to reading more, which I'm about to do right now.

But first, I'm going to add this to the Reviews Lounge Too archives, so that hopefully others will also give it the reviews it deserves. x
Hope Diamond chapter 12 . 8/6/2014
This is the best Alice fic I've read! awesome job, update soon?
thecatwhocouldreadbackwards chapter 12 . 7/10/2014
I am in love with this story! Your characterization of the Cheshire Cat is hands down my favorite out of any Alice in Wonderland story I have seen or read. Chez is my favorite character if you can't tell, lol ;) I also look forward to seeing Alice's and Hatter's relationship develop more. Jealous Hatter is always fun to read!
kisskisshug chapter 12 . 7/9/2014
I am so glad that this story is still going. I thought it had been discontinued by chapter 10 so i was really happy when I came back to find two new chapters - I'm loving this fanfiction so far. I love how it's different from the original but still with some of the same characteristics. I look forward to read more so please keep writing, it is greatly appreciated.
geminii524 chapter 12 . 6/9/2014
Invited to tea with Chez? Yikes! Stealing tea from Hatter? Double Yikes! Alice, I think you are getting yourself into quite a mess!

Thank you for giving us another chapter! Please bring Hatter back soon before Alice does more crazy things.