Reviews for Stuck In The Past
ADDAMSFAMILYTREE chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
Most interesting. Although, an honestly really great crossover involving Maude on a road trip to get an inner view of the life of an owner-operator; a self-employed truck driver. As for the final results, she learns about such things as the hatred certain law enforcement officers have against truckers. Among these alledged law officers are as follows: Sheriff Elroy P. Lobo of Orly County, Captain John Sebastian Cain of Bishop County, Sgt. Beaurigard Wiley of Winslow County, and the most dangerous one of all, Captain Rutherford T. Grant of S.C.A.T. (Special Crimes Action Team), as Maude rides shotgun in the 1979 KENWORTH K100 C.O.E. AERODYNE truck of one B.J. (BILLIE JOE) McKAY of "B.J. & THE BEAR". At least, give it consideration, which never hurt anyone.
JEREMY chapter 1 . 10/3/2012
This is a very touching story on many levels.

It illustrates the frustration of Alzheimer's.

It brings back memories of the show.

Finally,it's a tribute to the memory of Rue McClanahan and Bea Arthur.

nannygirl chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Oh my, this was such a wonderfully written but heartbreaking story.

It's so sad seeing what the disease has done to poor
Vivian but I'm very glad that Maude and Authur are there to help her through it.

You did very well at capturing the characters voices especially Maude. Great job there!

Terrific work on this story! A very great read! Thanks for sharing! And keep up the good work!
truenorth13 chapter 1 . 7/5/2012
I'm SO happy to see a new story, here! Thank you so very much!

And I love it. It's sad, certainly, but I really enjoyed the little touches that are the details that ring true to these characters: the cell phone ring tone. for one. LOL

I'm heartbroken that Walter apparently has passed away, in this tale, but I guess that's realistic. Glad Maudie is still well and busy. I can't imagine her being any other way.

I hope you'll write more. This was a treat.

And I need to get to work on mine, as well.
LisaDouglas chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
I love how you've modernized Maude here! Very good work. It's very true to the characters and also has a lot of you in it! I love pantsuit reference (although I think that you missed a valuable opportunity to mention Hillary Clinton). I also enjoyed the "Remember Fox News is fair and balanced" line btw. I look forward to reading more soon!