Reviews for True Master
Christine Jay chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
It's a really nice chapter made me tear up too. I just started to read Pandora Hearts and finished the manga in two/three days, so good! Anyway enjoyed it!
Kazugami Saichi Hakuraichi chapter 1 . 7/20/2012
Finally, I found this kind of fic after reading the last chapter...T_T
I've searched it...
I love it!
Fave!
And keep going!
The relationship between these two have become more and more interesting that make me want to make one fic for them so bad...
But it always failed...a
I have many things to do...
:D
Okay, good job!
Make another one!

By: KaSaHa
Nadramon chapter 1 . 7/4/2012
That was a nice, angry fic. 8)

Can't blame you for venting, really. I went all out on my live journal myself (though it's just a rant for now, not a fic). I wish this 74th chapter had stopped the moment Gil shielded Oz with his body and asked him if he was alright instead of shooting him on the spot... But hey, this is Jun Mochizuki. Of course Glen's order had to come out of nowhere and ruin the scene.

I still loved the chapter though, no matter how shocking and depressing it was, because as far as complex relationships and characters go, it was a masterpiece. The first problem I have with your one-shot is that it doesn't give much credit to Gilbert's relationship with Oswald. Chapter 73 ended on a vengeful thought from Gil to Jack, entirely based on the fact that he couldn't forgive Jack for betraying Oswald. It speaks of strong feelings for his former master, not just as a master but because Oswald was the closest thing Gil had to a father figure.

Based on that, I expect more conflict from Gilbert between his feelings for Oz and Oswald, and this kind of conflict was lacking here. Not that I doubt that Gil will choose Oz in the end, but it won't be an easy choice to make, especially because Gilbert feels guilty and undeserving of Oz's love after what he has done.

And here is the second issue I have with your one-shot: the context is very unclear. In the second to last paragraph, I have no idea where and when Oz could be kissing Gil as his servant kneels next to him. Last time we saw them, Oz was bleeding from a potentially fatal wound to the stomach and Gil was suffering a serious case of post-traumatic disorder while Glen stood nearby. If Oz is still bleeding to death on the grass, Gilbert should worry more about getting medical help rather than kissing him. If they somehow got away, I'd love to know how and where they went.

That being said, I really loved the imagery of the chessboard and puppet strings. It fits the "Pandora Hearts" setting very well, and I can certainly imagine how tired Gilbert must be of all the plotting and manipulation around himself, but mostly around Oz. And if anything could shock Gilbert to the core, enough to eventually break free of the brainwashing and master/servant system, it was definitely his real master ordering him to shoot Oz. Unfortunately, it will probably take some time. I'm betting on six or seven chapters.

So yeah; if anything, you managed to illustrate Gilbert's frustration and love pretty well, including the rather bothersome fact that the man still has trouble viewing this love as anything but another master/servant relationship. Most of the issues were addressed, though I'm unsure whether Gil would be coherent enough to realize some of them at this point in time (mostly the ones concerning Glen, since the brainwashing is still in full effect and the memories are fresh).

We all needed that kind of story after such an intense chapter. I'll probably give it a shot before the next one comes out, too.

Don't worry, Gil is stronger than most people give him credit for. He'll pull through. Definitely.
Cennis chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
Every time I come back to this site, it's changed! Bleh. Anywho, LOVE IT. CAN THIS HAPPEN PLZ? There were some brilliant metaphors in here, I can see your writing improve every time you post something new, and the repetition of 'forever' was very powerful considering its meaning to the characters. It was lovely, darling!
li ross chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Thank you!
Really, thank you so much.
You've just proyected into words what I have been struggling to let myself hope about the story. It simply can't be done like that. I can't, or at least I won't have it, but I had been trying not to start thinking of what I hoped would be just in case things got even worde and I felt too down to enjoy the rest of the story.
Whatever, that could not last so I finally decided to risk wishing and found myself at your story, It wonderful1 Really, it's beautiful, and I loved the part about being pawns. Somehow it's something we've known all along but not quite realized until it's harsher effects were evident. It's nice to read how oyu've dealt with that subject. Hnestly, I've adored it.

Thank you so much, I was needing to feel this good about a ffic. And definately I love your ideas about the plot's on going development. So, to sum up, I loved it and I really seem to enjoy your writing, I think I'll go check your profile.

And that's a preety nice picture of Ciel, btw.

Thanks!

LR
Latiwings chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
I'm not sure of my feelings for Retrace 74, but this is beautiful! Poor, poor both of them. I like how you compared them to the chessboard, because it's so true! Thank you.
mishelliot chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
I'm crying very hard from reading this. OZBERT IS MY OTP AND OMG I CANT I JUST CANT AUGH ;A; WHY ARE YOU SO GOOD AT WRITING
MOREEEEE PLEASEEEEEE
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
3 This is beautiful! and I love your writing, great job x3
Sakural7865 chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
This is very beautiful! I can feel the emotion you put into this. Now I dislike both Glen and Jack... well, more than I did before. Go Gil! Fight Glen, save your love! You're forbidden love will reign!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
Amazing
katie4dragons chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
No no nooooooooooo I won't believe that Gil shot him.. Nooooooooooo xO

Anyway, this was really beautiful, I love the your writting style and this was so sad, but at the same time hopeful.
esmeralda kitty cat chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
Oh i really love this D: amazing job! DX XD FAVE!
A Tale Of Brothers chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
What a...wonderful little sequel! It actually makes sense...but knowing Jun's master-trolling abilities, it probably won't happen that way T_T

I really liked the idea of Gil and Oz being Glen's and Jack's pawns, that is kind of very true...but just one thing: here Gil already knows Oz is a Chain, whereas the blond didn't even told him hitherto the latest chapter (well ok he was pretty close to).

Well, but that's not dramatic, the principal is that you made me shiver one more time after reading chapter 74...for the 117th time lol xD
buntesLicht chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
Oooh, I like this! I like how this starts out sad but still has an hopeful ending... I can't wait to see what will happen next in the manga. I really didn't expect Gil to shot Oz...

I hope you have a nice day ;)