Reviews for A Family Affair
Candle in the Night chapter 11 . 7/20/2012
You brought along the mother of the Krogan as well? Oh I do hope you include some dialogue with her, she as epic in the game, a really interesting character.
Fistful of Gamma Rays chapter 11 . 7/20/2012
So many things I like in these last few chapters.

Jack and Ashley. Buddies. I kind of want to see this now.
Joker getting cornered by Pella.
Livia. I like her despite myself. She's so utterly catty, but not without reason.
Shepard and Garrus sort of creeping up on all these big questions about what they're going to do with the rest of their lives and starting to figure it out.

Always happy to read more of this.
CyanB chapter 11 . 7/20/2012
Now, I really want to see Ashley and Jack working together, (made my brain hurt too.)
Galexz chapter 10 . 7/19/2012
Oh Shepard in lace...that image makes me smile and laugh at the same time! Nice chapter.
CyanB chapter 10 . 7/19/2012
Good chapter. It's a nice bridge for whats coming.
Candle in the Night chapter 10 . 7/19/2012
You know what? I'm as excited as Tali for the wedding! Having some of the old crew there will be great for the story.

Looking forward to the next chapter now!

Oh, and the bit with Shepard looking on at Garrus playing with the child- fantastic.
Theodosius chapter 3 . 7/19/2012
I just read the three chapters that comprised the "A Family Affair" part of this story, and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed them - I really loved seeing this look of the Vakarian family, Garrus' father and sister, the relations between them and Shepard's own relationship with all of them. You've really done a great job of exploring what a turian family is like, and I haven't even read the whole of it yet.

It was great to see that neither Shepard nor Garrus lost hope that they would eventually find each other again, and once they did so it turned into a very sweet, heartfelt scene between them. I think that Garrus wanting to propose marriage to Shepard, but afraid to actually say it to her in times of war was very in-character for him. And aww, that dark blue diamond he gave her... So sweet! And so was Shepard surprising him like that.

Very enjoyable read here, and a very interesting take on a post-ending reunion between Garrus and Shepard. I'll be sure to share my thoughts when I read the remainder of the story, "A Family Occasion" - can't wait to see their wedding! Excellent job as always.
megzidoodlez chapter 7 . 7/18/2012
I enjoy your reasoning for why Garrus sent to Omega. It fits.
megzidoodlez chapter 4 . 7/18/2012
Haha. And Liara and Traynor were making out in a corner. Lmao. Nice touch
Velasa chapter 10 . 7/18/2012
"Only with more booze and fewer guns. At least, she hoped there would be fewer guns."

That may have been my favorite little bit, Shep trying to see the sittuation as a battle and stumbling over the metaphor at the end Another fun little chapter, with more Tali being adorable _
Guest chapter 9 . 7/17/2012
I think most people can relate to Shepard's lack of sense of direction. It was very well written. In my head I still cna't decide what I'd want my Shep to do after the Reapers so it's a tough one.

You said it was sappy, perhaps but it was quite sweet to be honest. I felt sad about the Spectre's losing a lot of people for some reason. They're soldiers like everyone else in the army, but I'm not sure, they were special.
Velasa chapter 9 . 7/16/2012
Aaw, but sap is fun sometimes This was cute, I liked it.
LdyRapture chapter 9 . 7/16/2012
love this chapter! Keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 8 . 7/16/2012
Good update as usual! I loved the exchange between Livia and Shepard. It's always fun to see author's tackle OC and cultures. Looking forward to the next update!
Velasa chapter 8 . 7/14/2012
I've been looking for a fic dealing with these two's issues with cultural acceptance and integration, and this is making me very happy I'm liking everyone we've met, or at least finding them interesting and that's just as good. Aspera gives a damn nice contrast to everyone else's pov, and the fluff is glorious. I'll be looking forward to more!
102 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »