Reviews for Cats Don't Like Noise
shieldmaiden19 chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
I'm going to be straight with you: your dance with the language ended up with the language stumbling away bent, bloodied and bruised. Your narrative was very good - crisp, clean, and very straightforward - but the language severely muddied the whole story. Generally if you're going to do Shakespeare-like dialogue, it's best to do it in script format: having to switch between Shakespeare and modern English confuses the reader.

Conclusion: Your narrative is excellent, but work on a better way of relating the narrative with the dialogue. Staying off the Shakespearean dialogue might be something to consider.
Smorelet4077 chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
It's been 6 months... :) I like this a lot, and would love to read more! I'm no Shakespeare expert, but the dialogue seems very well done, and I love the insults (beslubbering foot licker!) and thumb-biting. Mercutio is my favorite character too (and Tybalt killed him! Therefore I hate Tybalt), so I love seeing Mercutio annoy the heck out of Tybalt. When you get a chance, please continue this!
Vellev chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Very nicely written. You've got a great grasp of text. You said criticisms were welcome, so I'll give you what I would think as it were my story. Your dialogue is lacking a tad bit. You are working on the use of Shakespearean language, yet the difference between text and spoken word differs a lot, which makes it a bit confusing. Nonetheless, this is beautiful and a great story. I think your idea sounds wonderful...I'll be waiting for an update. This story holds a lot of promise!
KoruHime chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Tybalt's so easily riled up even at age 14, haha! I'm looking forward to what other tricks Mercutio has planned for him.
Jasminta Blossom chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
This was hilarious! The idea is brilliant - I LOVE scenarios where Tybalt and Mercutio are forced together and they just drive each mad and Mercutio starts being all crazy. He's my favourite character too! The last couple of sentences made me finish reading the story with a smile on my face, and wishing for more.

Keep going!

ps. And I like the title too!