Reviews for Unatoned
Amaury Geiss chapter 23 . 8/15
I absolutely loved this story. It is definitely in my top 5 Harry Potter fic.
girlwhoslept chapter 11 . 7/24
okay this story is great! so different from the others I've read
paradoxed chapter 23 . 7/19
It's a bit funny that basically all the other reviewers hate the story for being the exercise in style that it is. I suppose it goes against convention for people to have their hero be the jaded, painfully flawed detective in a noir, but you pulled it off magnificently. There are some sketchy points, but nothing gamebreaking. There are issues with dueling ability that could be brought up, but how dueling worked out to begin with was never quite ironed out in canon, so w/e. Harry's canon friends missing were necessary to drive the story and characters, not to mention the very style of crime noir requiring an isolated protagonist. Not perfect, and most definitely not for everyone, but definitely this story ends up the same show stopper that its antagonist is.
TL14 chapter 4 . 6/15
Nice story so far! The fact that harry seems kind of pathetic is annoying.
VishS chapter 9 . 5/29
Nice change from the usual on this site. One that actually matches upto its rating.
VishS chapter 3 . 5/29
Interesting start
This has to be the stupidest story I ever read. I have have read thousands!
DamnedJoker chapter 22 . 4/28
DAAAAAAAAYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUM!
James018 chapter 23 . 4/26
Oh, and by the way, good work with the last scene. I had to look back through all the other chapters before I remembered what Daphne said to Williamson, which then implies that Williamson is the man getting dragged away at the end. I get the feeling from reading the reviews that, as obvious as it should be, a lot of people have misunderstood the meaning - perhaps because we're all (as readers) expecting a final twist where Daphne ends up successfully framing Harry after all.
James018 chapter 23 . 4/26
Hmm. Well, that was interesting. Something of a psychological thriller which you don't get much in fan fiction. Kudos for making Daphne a genuinely evil person, in contrast to most over stories out there, and the mystery you created did come together nicely.

There did have to be some suspension of disbelief on a couple of aspects... Harry is very different from the fundamentally good person we all know and love from canon (although reading between the lines, I suspect his experiences made him that. Are we to assume Hermione, the Weasleys and his other canon friends died in the war?) And the climax, although thrilling, seemed a bit contrived. How could Harry have possibly known every single move he would have made on Monday morning, so as to leave notes in all the right places? One mistake and it would have all come crashing down. And I'm baffled by the both-of-them-go-to-Azkaban-or-neither-do logic, as Harry and Daphne are both essentially accused of the same crimes.

So yeah, there were flaws in the execution, but given the overall quality (and sheer novelty) of the story it was easy enough to look past that. Thanks for sharing... I'll have to check out some of your other stuff now!
ThunderSphinx chapter 23 . 4/14
If only Harry could have ended up with Astoria. :(

Daphne is such an evil bitch.
ThunderSphinx chapter 19 . 4/14
Poor Astoria! :(

I forgot about this :(

Daphne is so evil!
J.Marchman chapter 23 . 4/5
This was truely exceptional. One of the best stories I've ever read.
hadoukendave chapter 12 . 3/16
Absolute waste of my time, you gave harry no will or back bone and gave the greengrasses too much credit, 1/10
Louis chapter 23 . 3/4
Despite my misgivings, I decided to finish reading the entire fic before reviewing,

I should have given up after chapter 5.

While the technical writing was excellent, the actual plot and execution of said plot was unrealistic. Definitely not recommended.