Reviews for Unatoned
Azrael Garm chapter 1 . 5/10
about your AN I want to say that with the pairing HP/DG is that there is so little information about Daphne that writers can make their own ideas about her(like making an OC) and make her fit into their story, like the whole ice queen until she meets harry (it fits with stories like fluff) plus the whole Gryffindor/Slytherin pairing that fanfics make seem is forbidden or heavily frowned upon, it should make it easier for authors to write then changing another character(Ginny, Hermione) to fit the story(this is an assumption im not a writer or author myself) anyway this is just my thought about it.(please ignore my erratic punctuation)
Hplan chapter 23 . 4/19
Hard-boiled.
Jiggly Joe chapter 1 . 3/10
Holy SHIT that author's note was pretentious as fuck! It's obvious you haven't read any of the Harry/Daphne 'Ice Queen' stories that have any decent amount of words and chapters if that's what you think about them. There are many that imply this 'Ice Queen' deal. Usually, Daphne is a bitch to everyone but her friends (which are very few in number... and even then she can be pretty nasty to them on occasion) and usually it takes some time for her to warm up to Harry at all, and that's usually after some event that proves her preconceptions of him wrong. But, not only that, but usually Harry and Daphne start off with a rather mutual dislike of each other, and it takes much further than the first chapter for them to get passed this.

Your A/N painted you as an asshole, and it's made me not want to bother with this story. What a waste.
crazydude13 chapter 23 . 2/20
I'll never look at an "ice queen" Daphne the same again. I just finished the whole story in a single day, and it was time well spent. Your writing skills are awesome, and I can only hope the rest are of similar quality. Keep up the great work!
Antor2001 chapter 23 . 2/14
Oh this story is priceless, the crime part is excellent, I could just keep reading with bated breath and while I did come to the right conclusion somewhere along the way just as Harry did, I could not foresee the ending... It's disturbingly fitting with the way the characters are, they escaped prison just to craft a prison for each other. apt.
Rebel Sympathizer chapter 23 . 2/13
Wow. That was a nice ending, although I feel sorry for Auror Williamson - even if he was an asshole. Anyway, I wish the ending was longer - I really liked the world you created (even when I can't ignore that a few HP characters are missing, almost like they didn't exist). I generally don't like DG/HP as I generally don't like Daphne 'The Beautiful And Deadly Ice Queen' Greengrass and I was reluctant to start reading your story... Seems silly now, especially since I LOVE your Daphne. Well, I love all of your characters and I love the first person narrator, the game Daphne and Harry played, the action, the bitter world, the mystery. Really, I enjoyed your story. I wish you'd write another one with your Daphne.
Anyway, keep up the good job!
DonKilla chapter 23 . 1/22
...Damn she cold
Cat Beats chapter 23 . 1/6
Damn, this story has thoroughly captivated me for the past couple of hours. It has a sick fascination to it that is hard to find. Unlike unbelievable plots were everyone is evil or bad bad, this has a realistic view of the grey in between.
ff vvortic chapter 23 . 12/24/2014
if I could write like this I wouldn't be stuck in bronze elo hell with noobs my ap support Lee song mechanics are challenjour top kek if only noobs could grammar and spelling and plot gg wp rito thanks matchmaking
Ecthelion3 chapter 1 . 12/17/2014
This was so outrageously good. One of the top 3 fanfics I have ever read.. Not sure what else to say that others haven't either here or at DLP, but your writing is phenomenal and I've read fanfiction for many years and have only left 4 or 5 reviews if this says anything. Hope to see you come back to fanfiction!
disarranged chapter 23 . 11/22/2014
No words left to describe the feeling you gave me with this story. No matter how I look at it, you made me think at least one week now remembering extracts of it. There's so much truth, realism and seriousness in it that piece of work that my mind is still in the process of progressing into the deeper sense of it. You described in an incredible way how life really plays (for some of us, including me) and left me kind of restless. Like you maybe noticed I am not just deeply impressed, but I want to thank you in every way that matters for this story. It is somehow the first one of over hundred that made me feel statisfied in every meaning.
fleurwithme chapter 23 . 10/20/2014
This story was quite the ride. If you're on the hedge about whether or not to pick up this story and you're reading this review, do it. Do it now. This really is the best (if not only) HP noir I have seen.

What is the truth, what are the lies? This story will spin its tale that you won't know which are which. Also, there are plenty of red herrings, to keep you guessing.

SPOILER (Well, not really, but it's conjecture about the end, so if you haven't read, don't read!)
Was it AG who married [recall HP's realization in ch22]? Seems to fit as bloodlines would work (plus with the hints of infatuation to MB.)
benk7673 chapter 23 . 10/1/2014
Thanks for writing such a great story! The plot was well crafted. Have you read the Arsene Lupin novels?
Mighty Pen 20 chapter 5 . 9/4/2014
Interesting story so far, frighteningly well written. You have done a very good job. Great descriptions and witty dialogues.

That said, a minus in my humble opinion is that while your descriptions are amazing, at some points there are way too many of them, which leaves room to very little action. Same thing seems to happen with Harry' s thoughts sometimes. Well, there is not necessarily something wrong with this style, and it depends on the readers' preferences as to whether they like it or not; personally however, the word moderation comes to mind.

Other than that, as i already said, this reads like a high piece of literature, something that is quite rare on this site. Nice one.
Guest chapter 23 . 8/16/2014
Really and truly loved the story. I enjoyed the portrayal of a real slytherinesque Daphne most of all though. So many authors forget that she was a slytherin and make her out to be some misplaced ravenclaw. Shame about Astoria though. Kinda felt alittle attachment to her. But again, amazing work. Kudos to you.