Reviews for Unatoned
disarranged chapter 23 . 11/22/2014
No words left to describe the feeling you gave me with this story. No matter how I look at it, you made me think at least one week now remembering extracts of it. There's so much truth, realism and seriousness in it that piece of work that my mind is still in the process of progressing into the deeper sense of it. You described in an incredible way how life really plays (for some of us, including me) and left me kind of restless. Like you maybe noticed I am not just deeply impressed, but I want to thank you in every way that matters for this story. It is somehow the first one of over hundred that made me feel statisfied in every meaning.
fleurwithme chapter 23 . 10/20/2014
This story was quite the ride. If you're on the hedge about whether or not to pick up this story and you're reading this review, do it. Do it now. This really is the best (if not only) HP noir I have seen.

What is the truth, what are the lies? This story will spin its tale that you won't know which are which. Also, there are plenty of red herrings, to keep you guessing.

SPOILER (Well, not really, but it's conjecture about the end, so if you haven't read, don't read!)
Was it AG who married [recall HP's realization in ch22]? Seems to fit as bloodlines would work (plus with the hints of infatuation to MB.)
benk7673 chapter 23 . 10/1/2014
Thanks for writing such a great story! The plot was well crafted. Have you read the Arsene Lupin novels?
Mighty Pen 20 chapter 5 . 9/4/2014
Interesting story so far, frighteningly well written. You have done a very good job. Great descriptions and witty dialogues.

That said, a minus in my humble opinion is that while your descriptions are amazing, at some points there are way too many of them, which leaves room to very little action. Same thing seems to happen with Harry' s thoughts sometimes. Well, there is not necessarily something wrong with this style, and it depends on the readers' preferences as to whether they like it or not; personally however, the word moderation comes to mind.

Other than that, as i already said, this reads like a high piece of literature, something that is quite rare on this site. Nice one.
Guest chapter 23 . 8/16/2014
Really and truly loved the story. I enjoyed the portrayal of a real slytherinesque Daphne most of all though. So many authors forget that she was a slytherin and make her out to be some misplaced ravenclaw. Shame about Astoria though. Kinda felt alittle attachment to her. But again, amazing work. Kudos to you.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/1/2014
so harry can shrug off the imperius curse but not a drink-something charm? i guess thinking with his penis is good enough reason.
The Lightning Bandit chapter 1 . 6/30/2014
I read this whole story but didn't have time to review until now. It was an amazing ride. I really really enjoyed the ending. It made the characters feel human and relate able. I wouldn't go to jail for life just so that one bad person also goes to jail. That's just not going to happen. Really enjoyed the hell out of this story. You should be proud of finishing something that was so well put together. Keep up the great work and I can't wait to read more of your work.
Reader chapter 23 . 5/30/2014
I can only say one thing about your story: I loved it. chapter 2 . 5/30/2014
Potter can probably achieve more influence by becoming a rich businessman or something similar if he wants a better shot at affecting change.
0Harry.J.Potter0 chapter 11 . 5/15/2014
Great Story, Harry reminds me of Geralt from Witcher series if you know what I'm talking about. Calm, collected and rational.
Fullmetal11791 chapter 22 . 4/22/2014
Second time I've read this in the last few months, absolutely fantastic story. I find that most stories lose something when I reread them, but this definitely did not. Seriously, fantastic job. I would have liked to see what Sterling did with the will at the end, and if he even managed to change it after drinking the firewhisky, but I suppose that isn't too important. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again for writing this and I really hope you start writing again soon.
Guest chapter 3 . 2/17/2014
sigh, only because it looks interesting, but i hate stories where all Harry says is, 'this is beyond my skill'
Why do people keep insisting in making him a mediocre wizard at best? 'I never mastered occlumency'? Maybe because he was an undisciplened Little bitch? Now he may, fuck he must, he is a fucking auror, anyone with decent skills can enter his mind and take vital infrmation.
NuitTombee chapter 8 . 2/4/2014
You're version of the Greengrass sister's are really giving me a Therese/Jeanette* vibe. Quite fitting in my opinion. chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
I'm only on the first chapter, but I must say I am intrigued by this story. Your writing style reminds me of Raymond Chandler (if you are familiar with him) the American mystery writer. Very nice, I love it.
Ave Imperium chapter 23 . 12/26/2013

Once again I'm very impressed. You have a lot of talent for plot and descriptions. This story was excellent, with a twisted and screwed up plot that kept me guessing till the very end. On par with some of the really good mystery novels I've read.

I think you sometimes lingered a little too long on the descriptions but that was the only negative point I could think of.

I expected a romance at the end of the story but this was infinitely better and completely original. I haven't even read a fanfiction yet, where the 'romance' doesn't end well. Very, very good job.

Thanks for writing!