Reviews for Unatoned
Guest chapter 23 . 10/17/2016
Great noir
-mybu
Secundum chapter 16 . 9/26/2016
The warm and resiny thing is the potion from the start right? I thought it was Amortentia at the time...Maybe poison?
Secundum chapter 12 . 9/26/2016
Damn. I liked Astoria as a character. (
Schlepian chapter 23 . 9/14/2016
Aaaaand finished.

Good story, a little murder mystery forced romance. A little weird that Harry would fall for Astorias tricks early on, he seemed quite an embarrassment of a hero.

Looking back on my prediction I think I got pretty much everything right. *Pats self on the back*
Schlepian chapter 16 . 9/13/2016
Well then, I can't rightly pass up a challenge to guess what might be going on now that your author notes suggest I should be able to get it.

Let's see, we know that Astoria took the package from Daphne's husbands house. And took it to gringotts which needs a key to enter. (Thus Harry seeing the key in azkaban would remind him of that.)

Daphne is brewing crazy potions and into memory research. Quite capable of erasing memories without using the obliviate spell.

I give Astoria a 20% chance to be alive, and possible had just drunk some potion to keep her in stasis. Daphne is of course the most likely subject. to both have killed, or faked Astorias death.

Now for Grandpa Greengrass. He obviously is very suspicious of his granddaughters, and believes that Daphne is now in charge of the missing 14 million 14 sickles voldemort war fund that her late husband was in charge of. I don't think he would kill his granddaughter but he might be responsible for helping set Harry up.

Auror Willaimson , who is jealous of Harry being around the Greengrasses. he is my prime murder suspect.

Now for the wand which priori's show cast the killing curse and harry used it last.
I predict that indeed someone cast the killing curse, that wasnt harry. But then Harry used the wand to... transfiguration, poke the marauders map "I solemnly swear I am up to no good" Deflect a curse, hit something, w/e He "used" the wand but didn't cast a spell with it.

If harry didnt apparet intot he leaky cauldron room, we know a switching spell or portkey could ahve been used, again both point to Daphne being responsible for the whole situation. Also Harry smelling Daphnes scent in Lucious cell, stopping his heart. Daphne definitely killed Lucius and a Greengrass definitely killed Daphne's husband.
I am Aus chapter 17 . 8/28/2016
HP/DG done right? Bullshit detected. I would put down the things i dont like and wrong with this but other reviewers have done it for me. Good writing style btw but your hero is a puppet
SimFlyer chapter 23 . 8/18/2016
Such an awesome story.
Archangel71 chapter 23 . 8/11/2016
A masterpiece. This is the best HP/DG story without a question, and one of my Top 3 favorite fanfics. I'm still confused about the last part of the epilogue but I got to say a job well done
Anon review chapter 12 . 7/4/2016
So our femme fatale also happens to be the wicked witch, and our hero talks and thinks like an edgy 14-year-old.

Wonderful.
anon review chapter 8 . 7/3/2016
Hmm. Normally, I love your stories, but this one has been a tad bit annoying. It's full of all the classic clich├ęs and inconsistencies.

Our hero, now relegated to a boring desk job. The most skilled defense student of a generation, capable of staring down the greatest Dark Lord that ever lived, breaking through the strongest Imperius ever cast... totally outclassed by a femme fatale that somehow happens to be more skilled than an Auror with four years of training.

Of course, it doesn't stop at that. It is made clear that our hero is several orders of magnitude less intelligent than both of these women, entirely wrapped around the olders' thumb. Skill he lacks in the field of metagaming is made up for with excessive snark.

I understand that you want to write Harry, Daphne, and Astoria like this, but it's quite frustrating to read. My personal preferences aside, even if it wasn't frustrating, it's really inconsistent. Daphne and Astoria's abilities make no sense whatsoever (relative to Harry's), but perhaps the biggest offender is that your Harry bears absolutely no resemblance to canon Harry. It's quite jarring, at times, when I have to reread a sentence because your Harry often (re)acts nothing like canon Harry.

Perhaps I'm totally missing out on something, or I'm not far enough into the fic, but this story feels far less nuanced than your other ones.
A Wanderer in the Snow chapter 23 . 6/30/2016
I thought this was pure brilliance! Excellent piece of writing! Well done!
PseudoWizard chapter 23 . 4/4/2016
Wow! Read it in one sitting! Haven't read something like this! I like your daphne.
PS: Haven't logged in but that is my name in ff
Guest chapter 23 . 3/22/2016
Qw
ShadowxWing1701 chapter 23 . 3/1/2016
This story is a masterpiece, most probably one of the best woven, thought-provoking and intelligent story written on this site.
Everything was perfectly delivered and in a manner of much higher quality than this site normally produces.
All in all an absolutely cracking and engaging read that held my attention from start to finish.
Well Done
Jocelyn24 chapter 23 . 2/26/2016
Best H/D story out there.
590 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »