Reviews for Unatoned
Voice of the Nephilim chapter 5 . 12/1/2013
Although I was surprised with the ease that Harry found Daphne's chambers, perhaps I shouldn't haven been. There is probably very little the Greengrasses reveals that they don't want seen.
Voice of the Nephilim chapter 4 . 12/1/2013
Harry, you poor bastard, you never had a chance.
Voice of the Nephilim chapter 3 . 12/1/2013
I am struck by how very different this feels from any other HP fan-fiction story I've read. The investigation, the details, the questionable motivations...well done.
Voice of the Nephilim chapter 2 . 12/1/2013
I enjoy Harry's apparent motivations for pursuing this case. It's a choice most people who were career oriented would not make. But Harry, being someone who's stood up to wrongdoing his entire life, no matter what the cost...it's perfectly in character.
Voice of the Nephilim chapter 1 . 11/30/2013
An intriguing start. I'm not familiar with the noir source material, but it effectively sets up a family with serious dysfunctional issues.

I found a few typos throughout the piece, but the oddest part was Sterling's tendency to add 'man' onto the end of a few sentences. Maybe I'm unfamiliar with British dialects, but from an American perspective it seems like an exceedingly odd choice.

Regardless, I enjoyed it, and will read more.
AnAddictedReader chapter 23 . 10/13/2013
Damn, this was such a great story. I love the realistic ending.
AnAddictedReader chapter 1 . 10/13/2013
So far, I'm finding myself being sucked into the story, which is a great compliment for an author.
Dean Pagliaro chapter 23 . 9/8/2013
This was one of the high quality fan fiction stories I have ever read. Thank you for the time and effort you put into this work of art.
Mackayo chapter 23 . 9/5/2013
Applause... wonderfully done!
Kennilworthy Thisp chapter 23 . 8/5/2013
There's only really one word to describe this: masterful. For what it is and what it alludes to there isn't anything like it on this website. I particularly liked how you made it similar to the work of Chandler and others while keeping a British feel to it. At no point while reading it did I feel like the places you mentioned had been miraculously transported to America, which has happened with other stories of this type.

I really can't recommend this enough.
invinoveri chapter 23 . 7/31/2013
That was good. Didn't see the marriage coming.
Guest chapter 23 . 7/22/2013
Wow absoluty fantastic story very gripping:) i couldnt stop reading till the end and its exam time for me atm:D
I love the way you protraied Daphne am looking forward to reading your other stories:)
Itzle chapter 23 . 7/9/2013
This is one of the best stories I've ever read. As someone who is interested in writing this story comes as something special, something to learn from.

Perhaps it is not necessary but I want to say it, thank you. And congratulations.
Guest chapter 23 . 6/21/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
chill guy chapter 23 . 6/9/2013
Excellent fic. I really enjoy how you did the characterization for our two lead characters. I can't say I've come across a fic that had Daphne portrayed as a truly ruthless character without remorse. You did it and did it in such a way that avoided descending into mindless character bashing. This baddy had depth.

Of course all this is bolstered by the fact that the Harry in this fic wasn't some bleeding heart looking to save everyone and everything that glances his direction. Dear god thank you for that. Witty, deeply intelligent, jaded (but not to the point of pointless angst), and not afraid of some good ole sex. Mirrored by strong female characters that aren't afraid to be devious to get what they want, whether it be a romp (oh yeah!) or an inheritance. Bravo my friend.

If you're ever in need of a beta for future or existing projects drop me a line.

chill guy