Reviews for You Have Got to Be Kidding Me!
Desss4ever chapter 1 . 2/10/2014
lol, cute:D
Arnold1234567890 chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
This was so good. Since I don't have a fanfic I can't chat but I wish I can
Blue Dutch Eyes chapter 1 . 8/28/2013
This is quite possibly the worst story I've ever read.

Not writing-wise, that's all right. It's the characterization and everything else. I don't think I've ever read a story with this much slut-shaming.

Dot had no dialogue in the story she was in, and even Trixie said that she was swell! But of course, so many people demonize her to make their precious OTP look good!

When it cones to writing, this is all right. Storyline and everything Just no.
Elaine chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
Jim and Trixie smush is what keep us die hard Trixie fans happy. I felt the romance in the air when I was a teenager reading them for the first time. Now, I am old enough to be a grandmother and I feel the exact same way.

You did a great job and it was the just right touch of smush!
Guest chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
That TV tropes article was written by some butthurt feminazi who had nothing better to do than whine on the internet, trying to "justify" her cheating on previous partners. Your story is great. That other reviewer who claimed this story was "misogynistic" is just fucking stupid. You ARE female, right?
Guest chapter 1 . 5/5/2013
Great story!

"Eden's Grief" is a moron.
Eden's Grief chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
Um, wow.

I came here through a link on TvTropes. They have an article about your story, you know. And they were completely right about all of the slutshaming and general misogyny that went on in this fanfic.

It kind of scares me that you think it's okay to treat women like this. Maybe you should go to the Middle East, or something?
Horse lover chapter 1 . 11/15/2012
Awesome story! Love it! It was way cool how you used dot Murray! And how trixie and Jim's relationship took a step! Great job!
MaggieJo chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
Hmmmm...would be interesting to see what kind of revenge might be in store for the Bob-Whites. Also, what's the background on why Mart feels the way he does about Dot? Oh! And Jim and Brian should really have a brother-to-boyfriend chat soon, don't you think? It was fun to see the Bob-Whites show Dot how they really feel about her while not being super-venomous.
GreenPython chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
Awsome fanfic! I know that you'll be a great writer! You might also know Never On Earth, we know each other very (VERY) well! And again, it's worth reading, your fanfic :)!
Amybf19 chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
I am a HUGE Trixie and Jim fan so I whole heartedly LOVED this!
Artemis's Liege chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
You know, one of the reason I barely like any of the stories over at Jixemitri is because of the excessive amount hate unloaded onto Dot Murray.

I think people forget that while Trixie was jealous of her in Happy Valley Mystery, she also admitted that she liked Dot once she talked to her. Most writers just ignore that, which I find irritating. Trixie knew that she was being unreasonable in her jealousy.

I personally believe it's an important part of her character that she acknowledges when she's in the wrong.

Furthermore, there's another reason I don't enjoy the Jim/Trixie ship. Dot is often rewritten into a slutty malcontent whose single purpose in life is to steal other girls' boyfriends and is hated by all of the Bob-Whites. Of course, this characterization is ignorant of the book, in which the Bob-Whites liked her, and she was casually interested in Jim. It's not a crime. He was an attractive, single guy. She was perfectly justified in her interest in him, and he certainly wasn't pushing her away.

Frankly, I'd rather having Jim dating Dot than Trixie, if only because there's no skeevy age difference with him and Dot.

I find it fascinating that people are willing to slutshame Dot for her imagined promiscuity, but then Jim doesn't receive any blame whatsoever for his interest Dot, and Ned escapes unharmed. This is probably because Dot is a girl who threatened the Jim/Trixie pairing, and therefore everyone has permission to freely hate her. It's a misogynistic double standard that the boys can do whatever they please, but one girl shows an interest in one guy, and OMG!, then she's an evil, shrewish whore.

And here, you have Dot "purring" and "batting her eyelashes." It's almost a parody in itself of the bad girl flirting. I can't wait to see if Dot's going to be killed off for daring to take control of her sexuality.

And Jim's disgusted with her, while Mart thinks she's "fake." Dan hates her. And Dot hates Trixie, of course, because we HAVE to have Dot hate our main character, to show how truly villainous she is. This is getting old really fast.

Oh, God. Now all of the Bob-Whites hate her, when they liked her in the book. Why is this happening?

You know what? All of this Dot hate doesn't make Trixie look any better. It kind of weakens the story, when a female character has to be demonized to show how awesome another female character is. I get that many people imagine Dot as the girl in high school who had everything and they so despised, but it's time to grow up. This is just unnecessary.

Jim's possessiveness toward Trixie is really creepy. She and Dan are talking for two minutes before he's glaring at them both. Seriously? Is Trixie not allowed to have any male friends? Won't Jim allow her any freedom? It's not at all romantic, in fact, it seems vaguely unhealthy.

Look, Dan was a gang member who was arrested during a street fight. I think he respects his friend, but I don't think he'd be scared of Jim. He could probably take Jim easily in a fight. And why is he lounging around the Manor House? He has a job. In the books, he had to work day and night.

I honestly cannot understand why all of the Bob-Whites dislike Dot. Really, what has she done to any of them? What happened to the Bob-Whites being nice to everybody? Now they're just whiny and passive-aggressive. They accepted Ben Riker, I don't see the problem with Dot.

Yeah, Dot's going to "ruin their summer." How? She has been kind of self-absorbed, but she hasn't done anything malicious. OMG, just hanging out with Dot would be "suffering". This is getting ridiculous.

Anyway, how old is Dot? Unless she's Trixie's age, I think she could go off making new friends instead spending all of her time with the Bob-Whites. If I were her, I'd want to find other people to hang out with instead of a group that irrationally hated me for daring to be interested in an unattached male with my age range.

Trixie's modest swimsuit vs. Dot's skimpy binkini . . . have you heard of the Madonna-whore complex? The virtuous Madonna figure, possessing and protecting social virtue (and deploring sexuality) is an object of worship and everything that a woman should aspire to be. However, sex is not part of this. Any woman who fails to live up to the Madonna standard in any part is a worthless Whore, driven by sexual desire and therefore lacking morality. As soon as a woman is known to have an active sex life, she is automatically viewed as a whore.

I feel as though you're unintentionally invoking that here. We're reminded, by swimsuits this time, that Dot is an EVUL HORE!11 and Trixie is a sweet angel who can do no wrong.

And now we have Jim insisting as much. You know, it doesn't help your story that Dot is continually thrown down to prop Trixie up.

You know, why can't Trixie defend herself? Why does she need a big strong man to do it for her? What happened to her independence and fiery spirit? Removed for the sake of "romance", I see. Nice.

Now Dot "isn't welcome in Sleepyside." If I had to guess, I'd say that this is a A) because she's sexually aware and your story basically does nothing but slutshame a sexually aware girl, and B) because she doesn't like Trixie. God forbid someone dislike Trixie, though at this point she probably has a valid reason to do so.

Finally, the Bob-Whites acknowledging they were in the wrong! Except Honey promptly lays the blame on other people. Oh well, at least she's admitting that Trixie has flaws, unlike anyone else in this story.

But back to square one with Dot threatening Dan. Why the hell is this demonization of Dot's character necessary? What does it accomplish? And now we have Tad appear so we can laugh at what a slut Dot is. Ha-ha. The amount of shaming women in this story for daring to be sexual is pretty hilarious.

Honestly? Everything clicked into place for me when I saw that this story was written for a Jiximetri challenge. With the sheer amount of hate for Dot, it could could be for no other purpose.

You can have your Jim/Trixie, but I'll never comprehend why everyone at Jix delights villainizing Dot. In the book, she did nothing wrong. There was NOTHING WRONG with her showing an interest in Jim. Considering she was described as being "Jim's age", she's probably a better choice for him than a thirteen-year-old in the eighth grade. Yeah, I went there. I wonder if that's it.

I wonder if everyone at Jix realizes that Dot would honestly be a better choice for Jim, so they have to massively hate on her to compensate.

There's a phenomenon called "Die For Other Ship." It refers to when a canon character is demonized to clear the way for a pairing. Usually, demonized character was another romantic interest of a character in the pairing.

Yeah. That happens to Dot all the time. She's villainized for the Jim/Trixie pairing. Nearly everyone at Jix does it, probably because it's popular to hate Dot. I wish people would stop, because it's nothing more than evidence of a misogynistic double standard, which the Jix writers are perpetuating.

I can't speak for your story, because I was too busy being disgusted with the misogyny and slutshaming.

The message I got was this: Trixie is perfect in every way and Jim in unhealthily possessive of her, which is romantic, and Dot wears a bikini to show off the body which she practices for every day when she skates but she's an evil, jealous slut who everyone hates because she's sexual.

I'm not trying to hate on your pairing of choice. I'm trying to reason with the misogyny present within the fandom.
daisyxduck chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
another fantastic story from you! i love just how "dotty" dot is, she obviously doesnt do rejection well! but then being rejected by the two of the best looking boys ever, who can blame her.

what's the CWE #2 on Jix, thingie mean? just being nosey.

looking forward to more stories from you!
Queen Sea chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
this is good you should continue it and have Dot kidnap one of the bob-whites. her ransom is for Dan to run away with her! sorry... all of my stories have to do with kidnappings... they always end up like them.
ILUV ZAMMIE andDanTrixie chapter 1 . 6/28/2012
I Love Dot M. , she belong with Jim,

Trixie and Dan, but i hate her when sh was being with Dan