Reviews for The Prodigal Son
romancefantasy chapter 1 . 3/30
I loved the Sarek/Amanda parts though I have to admit I skipped a lot of the parts on the Enterprise. I would love to read more about Sarek and his life, he is actually more fascinating than Spock.
Auua Ytjoml chapter 3 . 3/11
So Spock/Nyota and Sybok are all in the present then, gotcha. Amanda is funny; so much more forthright than she was in TOS.
Auua Ytjoml chapter 2 . 3/11
I am confused as to the time/place locations of the characters. Spock/Nyota are on the Enterprise... in the present? And Sarek/Amanda are in the past on Earth. But where and when (relative to the others) is Sybok?
Auua Ytjoml chapter 1 . 3/11
would you advise reading this first or 'My Mother, The Ambassator' first?
nicew chapter 13 . 5/8/2014
My brain shifted between Ben Cross and Mark Leonard as Sarek and Wynona Ryder and Jane Wyatt as Amanda. Then throw in Lawrence Luckinbill and it was an interesting convergence of faces!

Again, love this version of Sybok and Spock's reunion better than the one in The Final Frontier.
nicew chapter 9 . 5/7/2014
I had forgotten the part where Sarek shows up in Seattle to "claim" Amanda. I loved being witness to his POV.
nicew chapter 8 . 5/7/2014
Such a clever twist to the Enterprise's encounter with Sybok.
nicew chapter 5 . 5/6/2014
Not sure why I haven't read this before. I'm really enjoying your take on Sybok.
Bergamotte chapter 13 . 2/23/2014
When I read this story of Sarek and Amanda, I visualized the actor and actress from the original series rather than from the reboot movies. I can't see Sarek played by anyone except Mark Leonard, both for his compelling looks and his incredible gravitas.

Thank you for your extensive characterization of Sybok, Notes. You've made me see him very differently. He seemed to love and appreciate Amanda every bit as much as Spock did.
Carriewhowasreading chapter 9 . 12/3/2013
There is no such thing as a chapter to long.
LittleMissAbigail chapter 13 . 10/5/2013
Well, I'm sorry for doubting you! I just knew you were gonna kill Sybok somehow... This has made me very sad for the loss of Amanda. More so than any other ST story I've read yet. I'm having conflicting feelings about reading your story dedicated to her. Though, I know I will...
LittleMissAbigail chapter 9 . 10/5/2013
I don't know which section of this story I prefer. The "bookends" keep me on my toes and anxious but I'm in love with Sarek and Amanda's tale!
LittleMissAbigail chapter 8 . 10/5/2013
And the cinnamon scene. I wondered when that would make an appearance.
LittleMissAbigail chapter 7 . 10/5/2013