Reviews for The Prodigal Son
T'Soy chapter 9 . 9/12/2012
Chapter 9

"What did you do to me?" he says to Sybok…
"Nothing that cannot be remedied," his brother says. "I did not intend to…harm you."
Is this why he is having trouble reaching Nyota’s mind? Is this something that Sybok has learned from the Rihannsu or somewhere else in his travels?

“…Turning to Spock, he lowers his shields and brushes the edges of his brother's mind.
Don't turn away! Sybok says, and he feels his brother pause. In a flash, Sybok shows him what they need to do—the diversion, the timer disabled…”.

“…"We still have a future," Sybok says, reaching through his bond with Tri'eska to her pain. There are always possibilities, he says silently, but she mentally pulls back, unwilling to let go of her resolve…”.
Sybok can communicate with both Davara and Tri'eska, with his mind, and then “…"We thought you were dead," Davara says, a sob in her voice, clutching Sybok around the waist. "We felt you—"…” I’m a little confused over this, I mean why did they think he was dead, they haven’t “lost” the mental link? Or is this some sort of mind control that Sybok can control, if so then why would he close himself off from his Family? Did they think he was lost while he was unconscious?

I knew it was an Altoran ship! I knew it!

“…We have this under control."
He meets Spock's eye just as Spock lifts both eyebrows in surprise.
"Okay," the captain says. "Almost under control."…” Great Kirk character here, and this was a perfect example of how Spock might “direct”, “channel”, “modify” Kirk’s impulsive behavior? In this time line.

Now, transporting while being attacked? That would leave the ship unprotected, shields down, unless the shields were never raised? That would make the ship very venerable to the Altoran ships phaser fire. What is going on, on the bridge now? Did they try to raise shields?

Has Kirk convinced the Altoran ship to stop firing on them? Turning on his charm?

The A/S part was, I can hardly stand to say it again, perfect! I loved how we got to see the whole story and from Sarek’s POV. It is always such a joy to read your stories, they are as complete as they need to me and it seems to me at the time I read them that there couldn’t be anything added. Then you go and weave them into new stories and add a wealth of material to them, almost as if they were only a story to begin with! Amazing! I swear you could write Sarek singing E-I-E-I-O and make it seem logical and in character!
I hope you are feeling top-notch…..so you can get busy with the next chapter!
Vashti chapter 9 . 9/12/2012
I understand feeling like you haven't done your own story justice, but I don't think you have to worry about that here. The brevity of the current timeline sections lends a sense of urgency to the whole story. Once again I can't decide which timeline I want to read more.
Pepa 816 chapter 9 . 9/11/2012
I love it both stories are exciting and interesting. Waiting for more you go!
princelybell chapter 9 . 9/11/2012
Oooooh I'm so excited!

I'm pressed for time at the moment, but I couldn't resist leaving a short note anyway. Needless to say, I love this chapter. You should have trouble tailoring your chapters more ofter!
GratefullyDead chapter 9 . 9/11/2012
Well Dearie, another splendid chapter. You have crafted a terrific story. Can't wait to read more.
Lurker chapter 9 . 9/11/2012
I know I should leave more reviews! I resolve to do better in the future.
StarTrekFanWriter chapter 9 . 9/11/2012
Sarek's logically motivated romance was such a joy to read. Worried about spock and uhura's bond...and wondering if sybok's fate will be less tragic in this universe or if he has some last sacrifice on the agenda.
Stacie chapter 9 . 9/10/2012
Great update . I kinda like see things through Sarek's eyes . StillStacie
Guest chapter 9 . 9/10/2012
Indeed another magical chapter, wish you would post more than one at a time lol Getting this from Sarek's point of view is wonderful, so Vulcan and so Alpha. Glad you make a T'Pau who has more common sense then her peers, and uses her power wisely, that lady has some serious political mojo. Looking forward to what happens next in S/A tho we know they do get together in the end, does she welcome him with open arms or tears him hole in one first before she jumps his bones. (I suspect the latter, she does not need a wimp for a mixed species relationship but someone who will stand up for her).
I hope Vulcan does accept these refugees, if not Earth can take them, let them live in either the Sahara, Nevada or Australia, somewhere hot and desert like. Sybok might get a prison sentence, but I hope its a suspended one, he turned out to just like the Prime Sybok wellintentioned, however with bad strategy but does the right thing in the end.
VickyFromGreece chapter 9 . 9/10/2012
You must be the only writer who presents such an excellent story, which everybody awaits eagerly, and apologises about the chapter's length! LOL Trust me, nobody will complain.
Sarek's POV was so awesome, but I particularly liked two points, where he sees the young man in Amanda's apartment - the coldest shower ever! And when he sees for the first time Amanda's mother, and decides in an instant that he won't back away or leave with a negative answer or even give Amanda a choice. I think this must be the very first time he takes matters in his own hands, and does it his way. I don't need to say about how we'll all await for "what happens next", LOL, but I hope you're doing better.
starfleetdream chapter 9 . 9/10/2012
Another SQUEEE! Sarek's transformation is fantastic. IMO, the length of the chapter bookends is just right: there's a lot of action, which nicely balances the intense mental 'action' in the first half of the central portion, and it comes to a good stopping point. (BTW, the brief exchange between Kirk & Spock ending with "Well, almost" - trying to avoid spoilers here - is hilarious and pegs Kirk very well).

The center section couldn't be any shorter (not without a reader riot, anyway, lol). For those who've read "My Mother," we know the outline of what happens but not the behind the scenes action, so this is all new and a fascinating reveal. What happens is clear for anyone who hasn't read it as well. Very well done, as always! Really can't wait for the next chapter!
Karen50 chapter 9 . 9/10/2012
I am so enjoying this story. The Spock and Sybok angle is really great.
Analise010 chapter 9 . 9/10/2012
I was definitely not bored. I longed to see that scene from Sarek's view (and even more to watch Mama Grayson rip him a new one) and that scene completely delivered. T'Pau never ceases to delight and amaze me, torn between her love for Sarek and her dedication to keeping the status quo.

I'm sad that this story is reaching its resolution, but very excited about how it will end.
Wahoogal06 chapter 9 . 9/10/2012
I wish you were here in my house to hear me cheer at the end of the Sarek/Amanda portion of this chapter. Even though we all know that they get together in the end it's still nice to see Sarek fight for Amanda and their relationship and watch their love affair blossom.

On another note though, just what exactly has Sybok done to Spock? Did he brainwash him or try an erase Nyota to make Spock more his brother than her husband? I only ask that because the last sentences seem so ominous...

Great chapter and thank you for sharing! I can't wait until the next update!
dinotopian chapter 9 . 9/10/2012