Reviews for The Prodigal Son
Guest chapter 8 . 9/2/2012
Glad you are back from RL. Actually enjoying this story so much they deserve their own fic. S/A romance stands all on its own it does not need the action fic but I am enjoying both. I think readers reading 'My Mother the Ambassador' beforehand will help with the S/A aspect. Its amusing that the Vulcans really think a racist/speciest Vulcan ambassador will help with Earth/Vulcan relations, he probably set things back by 100 years. I'm surprised T'Pau and T'Pol has not spoken up about his attitude.
VickyFromGreece chapter 8 . 9/2/2012
One of the reasons - perhaps the main one - I love action scenes, is because I can not write them. The suspense is a real killer, LOL, but again that's the beauty of it. So these are the events that took place "at that little Moroccan restaurant" the characters thought about years later! You portray an intoxicated Sarek very much in-character. He is not illogical, merely a little bit more loose: "...but she doesn't take no for answer!" "A family trait, I think." LOL
And he is very wicked, when the cinnamon talks. But I also enjoyed Amanda's side very much. She is no school-girl and can take no for an answer. "I'll get over it," she said. "Things happen." She knows what she wants and whether Sarek chooses to follow her inside or not, it's his decision and nobody else's. I think that was a big time in Sarek's life, when he chose to stand against the established rules and made his own. Obviously the fact that he chose to follow Amanda inside her apartment, broadened his horizons, and not just sexually. He was a much better diplomat because of her. Hence, "My Mother, the Ambassador".
Good luck with RL and please don't keep us in agony for too long! Thank you!
Karen50 chapter 8 . 9/1/2012
I am enjoying the story very much, keep up the good work! Can hardly wait for the next chapter.
Analise010 chapter 8 . 9/1/2012
It took me until the food arrived to figure out that Sarek was intoxicated from the cinnamon. I am very excited to see how the invasion turns out.
junewilliams7 chapter 8 . 9/1/2012
Yikes! I wonder why Spock can't hear Uhura's messages, and of course we all wonder who the new ship is. Time to unite against a common enemy. Amanda was really brave to take on Sarek. I wonder about T'Pau giving "advice" but not "permission" - seems sneaky.

Thank you for the update!
lapin chapter 8 . 9/1/2012
RL can be a real pain sometimes, and yet you still manage to write such wonderful chapters. this story has me at the edge of my seat. still not sure about Amanda's behavior but i still like the story you got going between her and Sarek.

more please. whenever it is you can.
thank you.
T'Soy chapter 8 . 9/1/2012
First off I MUST say, it’s just Saturday you have 2 more days until you go back to work, soooo you need to get busy with the next chapter! At once, I mean it! Really, now go back to work, real work! How dare you leave us like that! How can I possibly go back to my mundane life while this excellent drama is suspended at such a pivotal point? Nice surprise though, I mean with your cold and the new school year just beginning I didn’t expect a new chapter for several more days.
Secondly, really a great chapter, all parts! Our smart Nyota taking charge on the bridge, as was only logical as she understands the language. Is she successful in reaching Spock’s mind? Raska’ot is not stupid either though, how much standard does he understand? I don’t think Nyota will underestimate him in that regard. Sulu catching on and your reference to poker and other stories in your universe as always is delightful! I loved the S/A section! I recognized the Moroccan restaurant and the cinnamon at once! I wonder how Sarek is going to get T’Pau to reconsider her advice? Will Sarek wake up in the morning hung over and regretful? How will they discover the cinnamon’s involvement in the events of the night? “How easily he fell into bantering when he was with Amanda. No one else evoked that quality in him—that playful side that he found great pleasure in exploring”, like Father like Son. I think it’s interesting that Sarek speaks to T’Pau before bringing the subject up with Amanda.

Sybok’s “Any denial will sound like a lie—or worse, like what it is, an admission that he's no longer in control.” He knows he has lost control, but is not forthcoming with Kirk or Spock. Is it his arrogance or hope that he can reclaim control of the group? Spock’s emotional turmoil concerning Sybok and his invasion of his mind is evident in this chapter. Will that impair him in any way? Will that compromise his ability to “feel” Nyota in any way? Will he close himself off too much? I hope Spock and Sybok will have the opportunity to work through the situation. Hint, I want Sybok to survive this story. The meeting of Nyota and Sybok should be interesting as well. Both are protective of Spock in their own time and way. Will Sybok’s wife help or hinder? When and how will Davara make an appearance? And then you leave us with this, "Another ship, captain! We're under attack!" What this story is not complicate enough for you? Who is in that ship? That was unexpected! Is the new ship firing on just the Enterprise or the cargo ship as well?
You know the thing about TOS was that children, adults, both enjoyed the same show on different levels. I think your stories are like that. I mean those of us who have read all your stories “get” the subtle history, and new readers can enjoy the story on its own, not unlike the latest movie.
Now get to work!
CoulsonRocks chapter 8 . 9/1/2012
Another wonderful chapter! I'm so enjoying this story. Thanks for posting. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
Obsessive66 chapter 8 . 9/1/2012
Ha Ha - I think it's cute that Spock was a bit embarrassed about mentioning C'Rina to Nyota; and I loved the reference to the cinnamon dinner at the Moroccan restaurant. I'm enjoying the tie-ins to your other stories in this arc. Still very much enjoying this stoy.
Hazelnutkiss41 chapter 8 . 9/1/2012
Methinks there might be cinnamon in that dish they're eating. Cute to see Sarek tripping over himself like this. What love will do to you...
StarTrekFanWriter chapter 8 . 9/1/2012
Such a really intense beginning! I *almost* didn't want the Sarek/Amanda section, but then that sucked me in almost immediately.

Surprise cliffie ending is a surprise!

(And the part with T'Pau is now very clear. Thanks.)
faithspeaks chapter 7 . 8/26/2012
Wow...just WOW! An excellent chapter! The scene btw Spock and Sybok...had me on the edge of my seat...your Sarek and Amanda...so enjoyable to read! I am so thrilled to be able to read your work...this is something I would love to see on the big screen..but i am able to envision the story unfold in my mind because your writing style draws the reader in and you feel you are in the midst of the story as you read it! Thanks for the update!
SapphyreLight chapter 7 . 8/25/2012
Loving this as much as all your other stories! Like the way the characters n plots are interweaving n can't wait to see what's going to happen next. I was angry at Sybil for basically mind raping Spock in the last chapter, for making him relive that pain. Was there no easier way to do that? But then I doubt he would have accepted the truth any other way. And now with the rest of them coming aboard...please update soon
TOSoldtimer chapter 7 . 8/25/2012
'BaQa!' Another cliffhanger! And such a good one too. Did Sybok really try to drive Spock to self destruction in his fury? I am looking forward to the next installment.
T'Sara chapter 7 . 8/24/2012
So now since others are asking...I will too! lol Did they or didn't they?!

After rereading it I'm not so sure! :O Still a wonderful story!
385 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »