Reviews for The Prodigal Son
Guest chapter 13 . 6/14/2013
What a beautiful story. So warmly told through eyes of wonder and deep emotion. Masters touch looking at Amanda thru the eyes of a needy child. The brotherly love, and the broken marital bond, and the sorrow of losing a cherished parent were very, VERY well handled. Yr a fine artist.
Guest chapter 6 . 6/13/2013
"The loneliness of the statement was as shocking as it's implied intimacy." MASTERFUL WRITING, young Author!
Moichino chapter 13 . 6/6/2013
Oh I just reread this story...it is so good :)
Ctrsara chapter 13 . 4/28/2013
Wonderful! Thanks for adding in the clarifications about where and when we were. I was getting a little confused at first... :-)
StarlitStar chapter 13 . 1/25/2013
great story I really enjoyed reading it
ukyryo chapter 12 . 1/10/2013
I'm writing after time is to tell this wonderful story unfortunately came to an end.
you are one of my favorite authors
Jaelyss chapter 13 . 1/6/2013
Good fic. I liked how you balanced out all the perspectives. I haven't read any other fics with a perspective on Sarek post-Amanda's death. Thanks for writing and sharing.
Ms. Britain chapter 3 . 12/27/2012
I love this fic! Also the Into Darkness one that you wrote...the Sarek/Amanda relationship is very well written; lee-dee-dah to so few fics with them!
Caren Rose chapter 13 . 12/5/2012
I just finished reading this story. I have to say, it really exceeded my expectations.

At the beginning of the story, I wasn't sure if I'd get into it, because I don't particularly like the whole, Vulcan has been destroyed thing, and of course like everyone else, hated ST V.

Then, getting into Spock and old-Spock's ... angstiness, I wasn't sure where it was going.

It was curious, too, with the section in the middle with Sarek & Amanda, I wasn't sure how that was going to connect to the rest of the story. I enjoyed it very much, of course!, even when it was a bit confusing. (You seemed concerned about that in your comments. That there was a section in the middle of each chapter that took place in the past - that was not what was confusing. The only thing that was ... a bit disorienting, at first, was the use of he/she at the beginning of the scene, rather than names, and a sort of jumping into the scene without telling the reader exactly what the scene is. But I switch scenes like all the time, and in fact it's not bad writing practice.)

Then Sybok, losing control of his bunch, and the fact that he has a Romulan family, too! It was like a debate ... do you trust him, or not? Is he good, or bad? They meet up with Enterprise, that was a whole big bunch of debating there! And then the mind-meld! And what did he do to Spock and the bond?!
You want so badly to hate him, but you kept just this glimmer of hope there, that it would all resolve in the end. That was great.

Then the point for the Sa/Am middle part starts becoming clear as you brought the three sections together in time.

At that point in the story there is this great feeling of all these open strings being pulled together.

When we finally see why Sybok left, how the family bond was broken off, it all really comes together.

I really thought it couldn't get much better by that point, but then in the end you brough old-Spock back into the story! And it was like, now it's all complete! I had totally forgotten about his involvement there, but the completion he brought to the family just pulled it all up into a perfect end. :D 3

...

Also, the scene with Sarek, and finding the scarf in the back of the dresser, I almost cried at that. Very very poignant, very true to life. As somebody who's lost someone close, I know that scene very well.

There were many other scenes as well that stood out, but that one particularly I needed to comment about.
Guest chapter 13 . 11/21/2012
Thank you for another beautiful story. You redeemed Sybok, a misunderstood character who was not really a villian, just misguided and a victim of a prejudiced, monocultural society. I'm still looking forward to your complete S/A story on its own, rather than the glimpses we got here. Your version of their romance, married life and the aftermath of Amanda's death on Sarek would be worth reading. So far the best interpretation on fanfic is Nerdielady (RIP), Starquilter and StarTrekfanwriters tale about Sarek or S/A. When are you going to add yours to the mix?
ukyryo chapter 13 . 11/19/2012
thanks for a chapter so emotional ... I must confess that I got a desire to mourn after reading the chapter
clear and left me wanting to read the next.
well as a new story.
please keep writing
I'm always your updated
Hazelnutkiss41 chapter 13 . 11/18/2012
I'd say you succeeded and then some. You told enough about the couple to keep our interests, but you also filled in missing pieces about their children. As the story grew, the number of stories to tell about them grew.
Ster J chapter 13 . 11/14/2012
standing ovation Wonderful story!
T'Soy chapter 13 . 11/14/2012
Well you have come full circle now haven’t you? Selek prominent in the first chapter kicking your new story off and the last chapter where we know Sybok and Selek are off on an adventure with a high purpose! Nicely done! How you resolved the bond issue was genius! I was looking for a Zebra and you stroll in with a Horse! Guess you adhere to the K.I.S.S. principle, I was expecting a complex, convoluted solution, but you kept it simple and believable! Aren’t you the clever one? Thanks for giving Sybok a voice, a believable voice! Don’t think that I didn’t notice that you left yourself ample material for several more stories! The only thing I don’t like about it is that it’s over! I do look forward to your next story, whatever it is, I will be reading!

THANK YOU!
Melody chapter 13 . 11/14/2012
I so very much enjoyed this story, as I have each of your writings. It truly did help me see Sybok in a different light. I have always felt that it would have been so hard for him to fit in, in many ways much more difficult than for Spock. I was glad to see them reconnect. As with all of us humans, being able to resolve family issues does bring clarity and often joy into our lives!
385 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »