Reviews for The Leaf's Naruto
MidnightSinXOXOXO chapter 23 . 8/20
I spent 11 hours reading through this entire story. In hindsight, it could have been cut in half, but I didn't want to miss any little detail. I saw that there'd only be 23 chapters, I KNEW it. As such, I prepared myself for an ass whoopin (for myself, of course) after I finished this, the knowledge of reading a story that hasn't updated in two years being a bad idea not deterring my advances.

I expected a good read with the end result being regret from having no more chapters to read. What I got?

Well, the story was amazing. Hands down, great. I can't describe how well written this was. The plot was driven nicely and the characters developed slowly, subtly, with only the smallest of pushes to drive their dynamics with other characters. Sasuke relating Naruto to Itachi, Naruto relating Team 7 to the Sannin, Sakura's doubtfulness of her own abilities, etc. - To say the least, everything drove the plot further, not a single action wasted.

My favorite parts were where the character dynamics shifts, grew, became something entirely new. Like Naruto visiting Sasuke in the hospital, a memory that is replayed over and over again by Sasuke many times. It changed Sasuke's brand of thinking and spawned loyalty in place of treason like in canon. Or where Naruto took charge of the team, ordering Kakashi and co. around with experience and confidence. That asserted Naruto's role in the team as not the Dead Last nor the idiot, but as an equal and more. And the one that trumps everything: Hidan's involvement in the plot. On the verge of death and in pain from Hidan's assault, Naruto could do nothing but wait until his demise. This action humbled him, gave him a taste of failure whereas the story had only given him victories up until that point. That medic (was his name Ryosuke?) sacrificing himself for Naruto? Perfect. Naruto's reaction to the entire thing (the gore, the revelations, the fear) was the best. It was a breath of fresh air from the rest of the story. Before that, I feared that Naruto's growth had grown stagnant, but Ryosuke's (?) gruesome death and Naruto's near-death truly drove Naruto out of his rut. Even the Hiruzen noticed. These moments truly gave the story color, the canvas being specially breathtaking on its own but the colors breathing life into stagnant lines.

All in all, I really enjoyed this story. As I scrolled down to the last few lines of this, I realized with dread that this was chapter 23. The last update since this story went off the grid. Of course, it's agonizing. So painful to the point where it has forced me to write all of this. I do not regret reading this even if the pain of no further chapters (or hints) kills my heart. If anything, I only regret that probably no other story resembling this one will hold the same place in my heart.

I can't make you write more. I cannot and will not force your hands. Even so, I do implore you to try to finish this story. If not for me or your loyal fans, then for the fact that such a well-written story (thought rough around the edges) will rot away in the caverns of this website without being completed. This story deserves recognition, and from the 2000 or so reviews it has, I can only say that it's not enough. You're a great writer, and the fact that you even made it to 23 chapters before falling away is a hell of a lot better than what I can say for myself or many others.

This was, is, a great story, and its author is very talented. Keep up the good work.

I await the day I see an update, a "Chapter 24" and not an author's note about dropping this story. A rewrite would be okay for an update, but it would certainly kill me to wait for each update, each cliffhanger.

If life isn't royally fucking you up too hard, please try to update. I will not detest you if you can't, but if you do, my gray life will gain so much more color.

Anyways, thanks for writing this. This was the story I've always wanted and never knew I needed.
Jt chapter 1 . 8/20
This is a dynamite fic, I left it for a while but I had to come back, hopefully you feel the same one day, I'd love to see where you take this
Kitty Gasai chapter 23 . 8/9
FINISHH ITTTTTTTTT
It's getting too good
HighlyRooted chapter 23 . 8/9
Please stop being so lazy and come back to this story. It's one of the best and well developed story on this site. Really like you didn't just do a time travel fix that closely follows cannon but instead forged your own route.
Grim chapter 23 . 8/4
Pls make more
WriterKillsReader chapter 23 . 8/3
This chapter, oh god the end is so badass I love it!
I've been reading the whole story in one go withouth standing up for uhm the past 4 hours I think?
I love how you show that changing everything isn't simple, and also the inner workings and the political stuff which is rarely addressed in canon and fanfiction.
This fanfic is really amazing!
wintercrystal chapter 23 . 7/18
Omg will you please continue this? :'))) it's so good :D
Just finished reading this for the 10th time! I know that authors often find comments like this really annoying, but I really do hope that you do find time to update this fic sometime in the future! Thanks so much for sharing your writing with us :)
truefictionaddict chapter 23 . 7/15
Man, I really wish this would be updated! So,how about it is there still hope?! Please say yes!
HP-DG-SB-NR-RR-AG-TD-KB-HA-AJ chapter 23 . 7/4
This is pretty damn good. The first Naruto fanfiction I read and it's fantastic. I hope that you'll decide to start working on it again. it'd be great to have more to read.
xXChirushiXx chapter 23 . 6/27
Your fanfic is sooo good! You have made so many twists and turns and somehow made them all work amazingly. The ending of this story is really good too but it leaves so many unanswered questions. it ends just like there should be another book! Please please please write another book for this story! It's fantastic!
Serenity de la Luna chapter 23 . 6/26
YASSSSSSSSSS! I love the old man so much right now!
Ilyaas chapter 23 . 6/25
Why won't you update your story, please I'm begging you, it's killing me inside to not know what's happening next
AyaEmett chapter 23 . 6/21
BIG HIATUS, YOU KILL AGAIN!
As much as I loved the beginning of this, I have to say this has just become so complicated and full of drama that it's gotten a little too much to really enjoy reading. I love that you aren't following canon and are making this into your own story, but there's information overload in the past 3 chapters. Would love to see where you are going with this though.
2,994 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »