Reviews for The Glass Riddle
Mystery guest chapter 23 . 2/16/2014
Absolutely adored it! It was wonderful! Loved it! And, I know, very late, but Happy birthday! :D
Abby chapter 4 . 7/10/2013
I bet it was Sybil White
Ezekeel chapter 23 . 7/6/2013
Brilliant!
Cat In the Cupboard chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
That was a brilliantly enjoyable story (I'm not sure those two adjectives go together, but whatever...)! Your writing is impeccable, and I was convinced throughout the story that Lady Mary did it...

Of course, I must confess that my most pressing concern was whether Sybil and Edwin would end up together (I must confess myself something of a romantic.) Then it occurred to me. Sybil White. Snow White. Of course she was going to get a prince.

Although, come to think of it, Cindy seemed to get her prince too, and look how that turned out. That was a rather chilling twist on the traditional fairytale. Fond as I am of this story, it was a might unsettling. In a good way, of course.
Mima2408 chapter 23 . 12/16/2012
WOW! I had a knot twisting and writhing in my stomach while reading this. I couldn't stop! :) You write so well, so thank you for all of your amazingly brilliant stories!

Mima
Guest chapter 9 . 11/5/2012
Hey I really like this story and our writing style, as well as your characters, particularly Sibyl :) But i just had a thought not long ago about the arsenic : In Madame Bovary, when Emma poisons herself with arsenic, her death is anything but painless and she screams for hours before eventually dying, and her body is affected by the poison. But in your story Cindy's body has no marks and no one heard her die, even though she died from arsenic. I'm not sure if that's part of the intrigue or not but i thought i might point it out in case :) it's a really great story though :P
Elena chapter 23 . 11/1/2012
Awesome ending! I loved this story! I hope you write another mystery!
3 Elena
Elena chapter 18 . 11/1/2012
Nice.
Elena chapter 13 . 11/1/2012
Daniel, huh. That can't be all there is to it. I am enjoying your story so much.
Elena chapter 6 . 11/1/2012
Aha! He likes her!
Elena chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Good first chapter. I like your characters.
poetintraining576 chapter 23 . 9/22/2012
This was a fantastic little story, Elfine. I'm usually not inclined to read mysteries, but I have to say, this one was quite good. I particularly liked the character of Sybil, and I thought she was an interesting reinvention of Snow White. And, now I'm intrigued enough by your story to read some Agatha Christie. I don't know if that was ever your intention, to inspire your readers to read Christie, but well... it happened.

I also want to thank you for writing to the author of that article on fanfiction. It's true: a lot of people just write themselves into the stories or write their favorite characters doing explicit sexual acts (hmm, doesn't sound anything like Fifty Shades of Grey, does it?), but fanfiction as a whole tends to get a bad rap when, as you say, there are some very creative, talented writers who also devote their time to writing fanfiction. So thank you for setting the record straight.

I will definitely check out your next story, and thank you for your contribution to the Fairy Tale fandom.
Akora chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
You characters and scenery just leap off the screen. Your descriptions were so fantastic that it was like a movie was playing in my head as I was reading through the chapters. It really reminded me of a Miss Marple mystery; she happens to be one of my absolute favorites. Just like in Miss Marple, I was completely wrong on who it was. I honestly almost forgot that Isabel was there. I was hooked on your story from the summery, and I actually had a hard time getting off and starting my various assigned homeworks. I loved it. -Peace be with you- Akora
the blue mermaid chapter 23 . 9/10/2012
awesome story. read it all the way through in one go, now its midnight but i dont want it to be over :'( more mysteries please!
chocolate coffee chapter 23 . 9/10/2012
No! It can't be over! Aww man!
But loved that ending. Very unexpected and made it all sum up nicely!
Plus I loved it especially Sibyl being a novelist, and she's writing it. :)