Reviews for From the Queen of England to the Hounds of Hell
Mutbeaweasley chapter 3 . 7/2
i'm not gonna lie the part with him getting engaged with Wendy freaked me out a bit... XD
Mutbeaweasley chapter 1 . 7/2
STYLE SHIPPERS UNITE! this was really good! i'm really excited for the rest of it :3
AuoraBlaze chapter 11 . 4/21/2014
Usually I'm just a lurker, but I really feel I should praise you. I was searching for a story that took a different turn on style, and yours was very refreshing to read and pretty much what I was looking for. I found it really immersive, realistic, I unknowingly ticked away hours reading it, but no regrets! This story played cruelly with my emotions, the way you express the tension, the scenarios and the characters were all excellent. Right near the end, when you think everything is basically wrapped up in sunshine and cookies... poor Kyle, and Clyde, and Stan, and Ike, and Craig and... everyone. Goddamn, my eyes are getting cloudy again. Lol.
You had me breaking down numerous times, it's been a while since a fic made me cry so hard. So many bittersweet turns throughout, and then poor sick Kyle topped it off. I admire your ability of leaving things in a hopeful, yet poignant way with Stan's reflection, and all throughout this story you had a 'things-get-worse-before-they-get-better' mantra going on. I like that you didn't tiptoe around anything and wave a magic wand for a happily ever after too.

But I really really enjoyed it, fantastic work. Just wanted to let you know on behalf of my sinking depression, lol. I appreciate the obvious work and effort you put into it!
Guest chapter 11 . 4/8/2014
I've never had such an urge to review before I read this story. It was so beautifully realistic and amazing. I loved the way you didn't end like other stories, happily and mushy. You ended it like how life really was. Thank you for writing such a fantastic story. It made me cry, sad, hopeful, and smile at the same time at the end of it all. Thanks.
fvck chapter 11 . 1/11/2014
Damon chapter 1 . 1/3/2014
So I have a few things I need to write about this story. I've stayed up until 6:20 in the morning to finish it! Okay so before I start with the extremely positive feedback I'll start with the negatives: The first half was definitely the weakest, and at points felt a little repetitive. I also believe you missed a big opportunity when you didn't emphasize on the war or the battles. So when I was halfway through this story, I was feeling a bit fed up and thought "Right, I'll read one more chapter and if it doesn't pick up, I'll stop reading it." And boy did it pick up.

I've read all of your stanxkyle stories before (with the exception of Amalgamation) and while this isn't my favourite of yours, never have I felt so invested in the lives of the characters. I related to each of them in some way and the development between Stan and Kyle as characters and as a relationship is nothing short of phenomenal. And I just have to thank you for not ending this story with Chapter 10 and leaving us with no epilogue, because the ending of Chapter 10 touched me, it genuinely upset me. And I can honestly say that has never happened with any other fanfiction story I've read, at least... not to the soul shattering scale of this one.

So in conclusion, while the beginning of this story could have done with being a little bit shorter, the final half was an incredible read. I view the first half of the story as the Hobbit films, where the story is good, exciting, but not quite full marks and at some points dull. And I see the second half as the Lord of the Rings films. Where everything is pretty damn perfect.

I hope this review made sense, do try to remember I wrote this at 6:30 in the morning. Next I think I'll start Amalgamation, whenever I have the time for my soul to be shattered again. Thank you for providing such brilliant entertainment.
fvck chapter 2 . 1/3/2014
That last sentence just really makes me want to write it on my wall and never forget it; it's sad but amazing and something I don't want to forget. That sounds weird, but it's true. You're a great writer!
Pennington chapter 11 . 11/11/2013
Wow, this story is absolutely amazing. I just finished reading it for the second time, and I have to say it was even better reading it again!
Where do I even start? I guess first of all, I loved that you clearly put a lot of thought into it. I've seen the movie about a million times, and it never really occurred to me how bad the war could get if it hadn't been stopped. Which brings me to my next point, that it was realistic. As a love story, of course there were meant to be moments where the characters were in a good place, but they were still in the middle of a war, and you never strayed from that idea. You somehow managed to create a perfect romantic fantasy in the midst of some of the darkest times imaginable.
By the way, your writing style and descriptive skills are excellent! You made the characters feel like real humans, with believable, different, and in-character responses and actions. You gave each one of them a personality, and you stuck with it. And when describing something they were going through... You were able to make the audience really feel, and understand their pain, confusion, joy, et cetera.
The v-chip problem, while unbelievably sad, was handled expertly, in my opinion. And lastly, I loved how you ended the story. It wasn't ridiculously happy, like how most romance stories tend to end, but it wasn't soul-wrenchingly sad. You left it optimistic enough to allow the reader to form their own perfect ending (I like to think that they find some way to keep Kyle lucid for at least the majority of the time(: ).
Anyway, great story, excellent writing! And just so you know, this is one of my favorite fanfictions I've ever read, Style or otherwise! :)
blinddivinity chapter 3 . 9/2/2013
Love the letters. I'm guessing Kyle didn't notice at all that he wrote "Ike" in one of his letters? I'm really sad for Kyle, Stan, Wendy and Kenny (plus his family) - but I'm really sad for Ike. Poor kid. Will we hear from him?
Honeypot Kitty chapter 11 . 8/16/2013
I cried at the end, I truly love this story. I remember when I first started reading this and I wasn't quite sure what to expect but it turned out to be really incredible. I love how this didn't have one of those fairy tale endings where everything is fixed and turns out to be okay because that doesn't always happen in reality. This was a very fitting ending. Your stories are always wonderful experiences for me and I'd be really glad to read more of your work. :)
Hubajoob chapter 11 . 8/6/2013
Well that wasn't too bad. At least nobody died (almost...) But overall I think that was a great ending to a great fic. I definitely think it wouldn't have felt right for this fic to have a happy ending, and I think this ending fit really well. It's optimistic, but still tainted with the same melancholy that's present throughout the story. It's also very emotionally heavy on both ends of the spectrum, but even though the bad times outnumbered the good, I felt that the intensity you brought to the good times evened them out.
I also love how great of a storyteller you are. This is a fantastic epilogue because it shows where the characters are but also provides a glimpse at their state emotionally. Like, rather than just letting us know what everybody's up to, you let us feel how they feel, and that is some excellent writing.
Also, just curious, was this the ending you had planned all along? Because in retrospect, I noticed that the v-chips are kind of a theme in the story. Not that they're critical to the narrative(until, yaknow), but that they're always there and you were always being reminded of their presence. Anyways, superb story, as usual.
fallingwthstyle chapter 11 . 8/4/2013
This ending sort of reminded me of the one in 'Amalgamation' in that even though Stan and Kyle eventually get to have a life together, it sure isn't the wonderfully happy one they were hoping for.

Wonderful, as always. Thanks! :)
The Mistress of Pain chapter 11 . 8/1/2013
This is the best story I've read so far. Thank you, from deeply inside my heart to create it and post it. The argument. The unexpected plot. The development of every character was impressive and delightful. Every piece of it was wonderful. Except for the fact that almost every character I loved died. But the way you made this so real, deep and emotional made me cry almost all the time through the recruiment and Stan's and Butters return to feel upset and dissapointef with all the outcome. You are very talented and I hope to see more of your work soon
Greetings from latin America :)
ATTHESTROKEOFMIDNIGHT chapter 11 . 7/30/2013
I feel that this was very melancholy, a ending not happy or sad leaving me frustrated. I did quite enjoy this.
4pollos chapter 11 . 7/30/2013
Reading this fic was an experience. I've been reading it since the first chapter was published but stopped following around chapter five and then, like, two days ago, I marathonned the whole thing, and read the epilogue as soon as I got the email telling me it was out.

I do prefer the first half of the fic, before America wins the war. I love the atmosphere: the black market, the bleary weather, the Red Cross, Stan's letters, a looming Cartman. I did not feel as if this atmosphere continued into the second half, which is understandable, because the war ends and things get better and everybody moves on with their lives. The only thing I was sad to see peter out from the first part was Cartman. I do wish there had been some final confrontation beyond the coat room scene (though I love that Liane rushes off to comfort him. Speaking of Liane, I also love her relationship with the mayor that kept the bothel open, that little detail was really interesting.)

Other details/minor plot points I loved: all of them. No, I kid. Not really. But Christophe and Gregory stole the show for me. They had great, hilarious lines of dialogue that I reread a few times just to get the full impact. They played off each other really well, though I was sort of rooting for Gregory and Wendy in the beginning, ha. Tweek! I thought his heart defect would lead to him catching the flu and dying but no. Bebe's story, which short of lurks behind the main drama and peeks out every now and then, is wonderful, too. Ike and Karen and Patrick-ahh, that was the only time I shed tears over this fic, was when Karen died.

i was emotionally invested from the first chapter and I felt the emotions of the characters pretty clearly through the text. It was a constant battle between wanting them to get what they wanted and not wanting it to see what would happen in the narrative, most particularly over Stan's surgery, which I still have mixed feelings over it being a success. As a whole I recognize that this isn't so much a Stan-gets-paralyzed fic as a Stan-and-Kyle-cope-with-the-war-and-its-aftermaths -and-also-Kyle's-mom fic, so in hindsight that makes sense, but as Kyle *and thus the reader) becomes focused with Stan around the middle of the story and all of the other narrative elements kind of peel away and it feels like a fic about Stan Being Paralyzed. So sometimes I feel like the reader is jerked around with the narration, if that makes sense, and it takes contemplation to really soak in what the entire thing was about. Also, I got a little tired of the sex (and sexual) scenes, but that may just be because I read the entire fic at once.

I love the v-chip poisoning. I love things that mess with the brain and how that works into romantic relationships. This makes me sound terrible, but oh well. I love that Kyle suffers from v-chip poisoning because it is poetic justice for Sheila's actions, even if it upsets both Stan and Kyle to think so, because the v-chip was obviously so wrong that even Sheila knew about it and it was this whole great tragedy and also this fic had a brush of politics to it. Canadian marijuana farms and helping support local businesses! I digress. I love that Clyde dies from it and shatters Bebe's perfect life and I love that Craig continuously experiences Clyde's dying, thus ruining any pleasure he might have from Bebe's life being shattered, if he's still that sort of crankpot post-Clyde with Tweek. But really I want to talk about how I love the v-chip as a political device and how absolutely horrible it was to implement and how Kyle will literally and figuratively being dealing with his mother's mistakes for her entire life because the reader knows that Sheila, though a warmhearted person, did terrible things, and that of course America hates her son and hates her. But we root for her and Kyle nonetheless because people are complex and also because Kyle is the protagonist.

So, despite the sometimes confusing outline of the plot, this was a good, emotionally based read, and I'm really better off for reading it than not. I continue to utterly admire the author as a writer and also storyteller.