Reviews for A Magnificent Depravity
Mystitat chapter 34 . 7/10/2015
Oh, I do think I know who will be reaped. PM to follow.

You had me groaning when Agni and Soma showed up, because I thought there was only one way Soma could contribute to the story: by airing Joanne's secret and ruinning plans for the ball. I'm delighted that Soma instead did what Soma is best at, which is being a decent human being. What a delightful switcharoo.

I'm hoping Agni gets to contribute more too in future chapters. My fanfiction holy grail is exploring what surprises Sebastian, and Agni often surprises Sebastian.

I love the image of Sebastian brooding on the roof of the townhouse. It's a very cat-like image.

I can't help but feel that in the musical version of this fanfiction, Sebastian would be somehow obligated to escort Grelle to the ball. And I love that the chapter ended with Sebastian throwing Grelle's chainsaw back to a shinigami. Again.
Neurotic-Martyr chapter 34 . 7/10/2015
Beautiful chapter! I'm really glad that you used soma's south Asian culture as a contrast to the European or American experience. And Grell did not disappoint in the least! I am very curious to see who will be rereaped!
Guest chapter 33 . 7/2/2015
Updateeeeeeee! please! It's fervent perfection!
P.S-I love your vocabulary and depth of emotion.
Stained Smile chapter 33 . 7/3/2015
Oh Christ this is so beautiful. Sometimes I forget why I read fan fiction and only remember the surface level: the sex and violence and wish fulfillment and new presentations of favorite characters. But its really the churning turbulence of emotion from such rawly talented and disturbed writers that pulls me back every time. Most new literary offerings are too pat, too well put together to prevent the crazy from leaking out. Where is the joy in that I ask?

Some fandoms seem intrinsically better suited to darker material. Kuroshitsuji is definitely one of those, what with demons and Faustian bargains and the exploration of the most truly evil creatures of all: man.

Your writing is glorious, and not just for all the mechanics: verbiage, dialogue, descriptors, sex and death and painful emotion. It genuinely reads like Sebastian’s inner thoughts would appear to be, ever observant and multifarious beneath the eminently controlled surface. Even the sex scene where he gives into that demonic nature transitions to more flowery, almost sensual descriptions of the world around him. Still so subtle, never calling for attention as to distract from the story.

I do like what you’ve done with Joanne. Not that he was anywhere on my radar, but you created an interesting foil to Sebastian out of an almost forgotten character. And he is blossoming nicely under Sebastian’s influences…

Poor Sebastian though, he is caught in quite a puzzle. Can he come to love Ciel, despite the damage that feeling does to him, or will his true nature hold strong? I eagerly wait to find out.

Lastly, I wonder if darling Elizabeth is pregnant. She endured unspoken hardship during her captivity in the continental factory, and is now consumed with pursuing marriage within the month. And with her dear brother having so grievously embarrassed the family, she must be feeling such pressure to conform and marry her beloved Ciel… I hope this is the case; it was very subtly done on your part if that is so. And it fits so wonderfully with the theme of a most stupendous corruption of the spirit.

Love it all, keep it coming!
Guest chapter 19 . 6/27/2015
"He was roses, my linen, fresh fornication. I could live forever with that scent." ~~~ Don't know how to feel about it...
Love this chapter, I'm glad to have started rereading the story!
Ruby Rose chapter 1 . 6/16/2015
This is amazing so far good job. :)
Ania chapter 33 . 6/7/2015
As suggested on Tumblr here is one of the lines that moved me :"He is heartbroken over you and too proud to say anything.."
I hope to see next part soon! Have a good day!
Saisei84 chapter 33 . 6/7/2015
Wow... I have nothing to say except that really. What a chapter this was. Wonderfully written as always. Such a flurry of emotions here. Sebastian is such a magnificent character by Yana Toboso's writing of course, that goes without saying, but you have delved deeper and put so much more into his person. You've, of course, done this with Ciel as well, and I'm a sucker for such depth. I am always so heavily drawn to stories such as yours. Stories that don't sugar coat the hurt and anger, feelings of despair and loneliness, lust and confusing love... stories that have a darkness to them.

Again, a lovely read. I very much look forward to your next chapters!
haldolhs chapter 33 . 6/6/2015
What a titillating chapter-such vivid visuals make it nearly impossible for me to feel much sympathy for poor Joanne in his role of sexual pawn/intermediary/weapon between Ciel and Sebastian-but then, the boy really doesn't seem to mind.

Elizabeth-her role is brief in this chapter, but, for me, she stole the show. Is she pregnant, I wonder? Sebastian certainly smells something. Who turned our little girl into a woman? I have a strong and (giddily) nasty suspicion, but I'll keep it to myself. *smirk*

I reveled in every word of this chapter, as always. Thank you so much for sharing your world with us. Love you to pieces!
cielxbassy chapter 33 . 6/6/2015
This is a brilliant work which I believe is very apt in how Sebastian Michaelis is really like, looking forward to more from you and I cant wait! I almost feel sorry for Lizzy...But at the same time its just a huge mess for everyone so really, no one is happy not even the ones that are getting laid!
janiyah chapter 33 . 6/4/2015
I love you but you don't have a clue how much i care about your you for the chapter XD
promocat chapter 33 . 6/3/2015
all three of those guys are now suffering(& lizzie also)this is not a happy time or place in the manor
whyamihereagain32 chapter 33 . 6/3/2015
I love this chapter so much. And all the chapters. It's just so sad and beautiful. It truly is, 'A Magnificent Depravity'. I'm dying for the end as well. I just aaagghhh.
SeraTR chapter 33 . 6/3/2015
So I started reading this story last summer on my road trip from Texas to California which was a long ride to say the least. This story has to be the most accurate portrayal of characters I have ever read.. And I do consider myself a connisuer of kurofics, if there is such a thing.
Anyway, throughout the entire story I have found my heart climbing mountains in anticipation of some marvelous and your twitted yet glorious hands type up something to bring me down one more. Although it hasn't been all fanservice to us, I enjoy it nontheless. And this chapter was one of those chapters to bring me down once more. Joann if only he understood the complexity of the matters he has gotten himself into.. Such a poor gentle soul... I am so taken aback at the way this is progressing that I implore your beautiful fingers to type away at the next chapter as quickly as you possibly can.. It is a morning ritual of mine to see if Eglentyne has updated A Magnificent Depravity.. And when you do I find myself in a marvelous anticipation for what you have to offer me each time. Needless to say, I can't wait for the next chapter.

On a seperate note, kudos to you for making one of the only Kuro stories I can think of that is in the Kuro-universe that doesn't compromise the way the character would be written. You definitely have captured them in a way that I could not describe without making this review too long. So I will end it here when I say that I will be a devote Eglentyne fan and read all of your stories and your ones to come in the future! Thank you for all of your hard work to release these chapters so quickly for us!

Also, I can't wait for your tumblr page to come out! I went to look it up to add you but it seems I cannot find it- but don't worry I will try another time!
Oreo chapter 33 . 6/2/2015
This chapter is really bitter. It made me cry. It is so despairful! You may think I'm crazy but the song "Chandelier" remind me of this fic...

But now I can understand it better. Seb feel terrible because he can not love for his terrible condition, although he may wish "something" like love.

And Ciel feel terrible because his love for Seb is not only unrequited, but uninvited.

Anyway, I feel that Lizzie will not marry Ciel. Something will explode in Seb this time.

Great writting! You must write a book.
733 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »