Reviews for A Magnificent Depravity
lost-tears25 chapter 24 . 9/16/2014
I have read hundreds of books and this is by far much better than a lot of them. The plot, your writing, everything is incredibly good. And I can honestly say that this is the best fanfiction I have ever read, not just Kuroshitsuji fanfiction but the best of any. I read all of this in less than two days and I would have finished more quickly if not for school and such. PLEASE keep up the writing, especially with this story!
cynthia chapter 24 . 9/15/2014
Seriously, this is my favorite fanfic!
I love how in tune you are with the characters and you dont try to make them something there not.
More i implore you!
More!
Guest chapter 24 . 9/15/2014
Idk id rather see more of their (seb and ciel) interactions cuz its soo complex its delicious! Anyway update soon!
JackaMalfroy chapter 24 . 9/14/2014
A very good chapter since I love vulnerable Sebastian and I hope there will be similar chapters in the future ;). Also I love how you gave May-Rin a bit more character than there is in the original Kuroshitsuji (at least in my opinion). Overall a very interesting and well written story. I'm eagerly waiting for for future chapters :)
marina chapter 24 . 9/11/2014
ur fast updates are very welcome. this story got me captivated. intense ride.
jaena.eowyn chapter 24 . 9/12/2014
Oh, Eglentyne, your beautiful writing is heart wrenching as always, and I feel mine's being torn in two just as painfully as Ciel's is. To get to such a wonderful part-to have Sebastian let him do that unto him-and then to have it all crash down so tragically at the climax... Ah, my heart can't take it. Well, I will continue to await each new installment in this epic, however, until the very end.
promocat chapter 24 . 9/11/2014
I do feel for ciel! he can't help but love Sebastian & will not settle for just sex-I can see why he's putting a stop to their sex
haldolhs chapter 24 . 9/11/2014
Reading this story often leaves me feeling rather emotionally spent, and this chapter was no exception. I can’t imagine what it must feel like to live within the intensity of your Phantomhive Manor. I’ll bet the air is so heavy it’s nearly crushing. I’ll bet it vibrates through its inhabitants right down to their marrow.

I really can’t begin to guess what part of this chapter had you choked up, because it reads to me like you bled all over it. But I can tell you the most poignant part for me was when Ciel asked Mey-Rin to describe how Sebastian smells, and then turns up his wrist to her face after she names off a few superficial scents in attempt to give the woman a modicum of understanding of just how deeply he and Sebastian are bound. I could wax poetic for here (for several pages, probably) about just how much depth of meaning I took from this scene, but I’ll suffice to say I hope Mey-Rin truly realizes her attempts to seduce Sebastian’s attentions away from Ciel were not only insulting, but utterly futile.

On a completely frivolous note, I have to mention even despite all the tension of discordant emotion, I thought Ciel assuring his ageless demon that “It stops hurting after a minute” was completely adorable.

More seriously, by the end of this chapter I wanted to reach through the page and shake them both. ‘He had left this corrosive mark within me that I feared could not be expunged.’ Heh. Yeah. I don’t even dare to hope . . .and yet I do.

I’m looking forward to getting my heart ripped out over and over again in the coming chapters, if that’s what must be done.

Thank you for the shout out. Your recommendation, especially, means a lot to me.
Midnight Self chapter 24 . 9/10/2014
Ooooh, this fic can do no wrong in my head. Or it hasn't so far. Ah, I love it. I was kinda (read: unexpectedly so) surprised when Sebastian made Ciel that offer though. But I love it! X) Keep writing.
whyamihereagain32 chapter 24 . 9/10/2014
Aaaaah this was so amazing! As soon as I got the email, I opened the link and read it. I seriously almost cried at this. Your writing is so wonderful and your grasp their personalities and how their relationships would actually be if they were canon. Realistically, there's no way to go but destruction.
Kudos, Brava, etc.! :) Write more quickly pleeeaaaseee! 3 I'm in love with this!
jaena.eowyn chapter 23 . 9/7/2014
Awesome chapter, as usual. I have finally come to terms with the fact that there is no hope here, that Sebastian can never return his love, and that's just how it is. Forward ho!
ludo4 chapter 23 . 9/6/2014
OMG I can not WAIT for the next chapter! I was up until 3am reading this, only to get to chapter 20! ODGNIUDHFIFUH HURRY PLEASE! :)
YourGuardianAngel27 chapter 23 . 9/6/2014
This chapter... Just how do you do it? I swear, this story is improving each time it gets updated. XD

It was bittersweet, but everything in this chapter contributes to the story's progression and its character development. I love how their bottled-up emotions just sprang open after Ciel discovered the truth. I can see how well thought-of their exchange was. They were still in character yet you inserted some of your own ideas to stir them towards that direction where in they'll be both at a state of confusion and guilt. I have mixed feelings about this. As much as I look forward to the next installment, I am also feeling apprehensive as to whether they'll drift further apart or if they'll reconcile. I'm at a loss of what to do, honestly. I like tragic stories, but the way you write it is so painfully dreadful. It was as if once you headed towards that path, there is no point of return. I must say, you write convincingly real. In spite of this story being a fic, I consider this as partially-canon, that's why whenever this story takes a turn for the worse, I'm like "NO... Yana Toboso, WHY?" Then I snap back to reality and l remind myself: "This is a fanfic, you silly wench." That's just how good you are at writing. Their personalities are so in character that its deceiving enough to be considered the continuation of the original series.

Do what you want with the ending. Either way, it's the feels that matters most. XD
TeDancingButler chapter 23 . 9/3/2014