Reviews for A Magnificent Depravity
Skilvh and Shilvh chapter 40 . 10/18/2015
Bravo!
Though you leave some of the plot in a cliffie.
Ah~ It makes me wonder what'll happen next (if there is a continuation).
Love this! Thanks for the wonderful work!

Skilvh
Mystitat chapter 39 . 10/18/2015
Well I was wrongedy wrong, wasn't I.

Not about who would die, because I was totally right about that and I have the message timestamps to prove it. Rather, I was totally wrong about Ciel being in denial about the course of their relationship post-contract-destruction. Ciel understood what a broken contract would mean much more completely than I gave him credit for. My apologies for ranting about a non-issue.

I keep having to change my interpretation of this story at each chapter posted. Even now that there will be no more chapters, I will probably never be confident in my interpretation.

Subtle distinctions, subtle distinctions … the subtle distinction between Ciel who wants Sebastian to eat his soul because he cannot bear any more despair, and Ciel who wants Sebastian to eat his soul because he knows he cannot be any more despairing, is SO DELICIOUS.

You put so many bows on this. The nod to the Icarus reference. The nod to Elizabeth's poem. The entire rose garden. It didn't occur to me until this chapter that Ciel hadn't returned to the manor since Le Havre. It was very beautiful for him to discover the rose garden like this.

I was expecting an ending a little more "anomalous," as Will put it. I was thinking the power of Sebastian's devotion to Ciel would change the rules, and elevate Ciel to some divine power with Sebastian as his angel. But this is prettier and more abstract, and much more satisfying.

"Show him what love does to a demon." I swooned. I keep swooning every time I remember that line. I wish to never stop swooning.
Janiyah chapter 40 . 10/15/2015
i love this so much and the ending is so very bittersweet :( I don't want this to end but it has to Please make another Fanfiction with them your writing is so good.
promocat chapter 40 . 10/15/2015
it is great!& all demons lie in some way-it's theor nature
Midnight Self chapter 39 . 10/15/2015
This fanfic encapsulates everything I love about SebaCiel.
ludo4 chapter 40 . 10/15/2015
OMG. OMG. OMG. All of my dreams just came true with this letter to us, your ever loving fans. Thank you so much and we love you too!
Guest chapter 39 . 10/14/2015
Such a powerful ending to an amazing story. Honestly, there is no other way this could have gone that would not have been ridiculous or trite. Thank you for writing it. This story has been a wondrous journey for not only you as an author, but us readers as well.

AnimeCujo
Cynthia chapter 39 . 10/14/2015
I jumped on this fanfic 2 years ago and I have not put it down since.
It all lead up to this and i can't say how i really feel about it. So many emotions. At some point for me, it became less of a black butler fanfic, and more of an independent novel.
You impress me so much, Eglentine. So so so much.
Thank you for taking me through this journey with you.
I hope to read more from you soon!
Guest chapter 39 . 10/14/2015
I cried...i cant take this ending...
Wilde Thing chapter 39 . 10/14/2015
Well, this was really the only conclusion this could have come to, I suppose, as devastatingly heart wrenching as it is. A story like this one could never really have a happy ending, though I guess one could see Sebastian's redemption and elevation into a being capable of love as, at the least, a bittersweet ending. (I can't think about Ciel though, or I'll cry... moving on).

Thank you for not only keeping me very entertained for roughly two years (wow, I found this gem in '13, I believe?), but for asking the hard questions such a love story poses and answering them in such an imaginative, thoroughly well thought out, and satisfyingly logical way. You are a wonderful storyteller and write beautifully and powerfully. The amount of hard work and heart that you put into this is astounding. My hat is off to you, dear. Bravo!

I am really going to miss looking forward to updates for this story. That said, I am grateful that you remained dedicated, with such consistently inspired writing, all the way until the end, and indeed, that you gave us an ending. I can appreciate that it is no small accomplishment to finish what you've started, having a few unfinished stories of my own.

I know this is one of those stories I will reread from time to time and recall very fondly.
jaena.eowyn chapter 39 . 10/14/2015
Aaaaahhhhh, magnificent, indeed. Thank you for this incredible gift, this work of love and blood and tears. Just magnificent; there really aren't any better words than that one to describe you and your gift of writing, and this story. You did not deceive us when you said it would be tragic, and yet... Not completely. Oh, you were a bit tricky, though. I never expected Sebastian to have such a revelation of love as that. And ah, that rose garden... Sooo beautiful, as beautiful as the darkness wrapped in thorns that is Ciel. And Sebastian is just as dark, and just as beautiful. Two souls that are meant for each other. But there can be no purer love story than the story of two souls converging; two souls that were meant not just to be together, side by side, but merging into one, a one that is a greater, more glorious being than before. A completed soul, transcending this reality, to exist in glory for all eternity.
Rabid Mite chapter 39 . 10/14/2015
Oh dear God. This, quite literally and utterly, took my breath away. Thank you for this amazing journey.
whyamihereagain32 chapter 39 . 10/14/2015
I haven't reviewed these last few chapters, because I was dreading the ending and felt like I didn't know what to say. I want to address the statement you've made numerous times where you called yourself predictable in your writing; I don't think you are. I'll admit that I felt like Sebastian consuming Ciel was the only way I could see this ending, but.. I think it was because, a.) It feels as if that is Ciel's fate according to Yana, so any other ending feels false (Or maybe I just enjoy his tragic endings..). And b.) Because you wrote their thoughts and feelings and actions so that it felt this course was inevitable.
And it was so unbelievably beautiful.
You warned us so many times about it that I was bracing for a truly horrible ending, and it was that, but it also felt right. And the very last scene was so beautiful.. I loved it. I sat in shock afterwards because it was more than I could have hoped for. The poem reciting, and the flowers and.. it was all just so beautiful. I thought it was funny that your ending was comparable to the beginning of the fic 'Devilish Impulses'. :)
Anyways.. as a review for the story in full, this is sort of lackluster, but I want you to know that I really, truly enjoyed this story. I would sit awake for hours thinking about this story, and i've reread all the chapters zillions of times, and I think even after this i'll still continue to do that. It really is the best fanfiction in this fandom if you ask me. You have such a way with words, and you take the characters and let them tell the story; it's as if they whisper in your ear what to say. I enjoyed every word of this story. I loved all the violin scenes, and every smut scene, the black mass, Ciel's panic attack, everything that happened on Easter, Sebastian missing Ciel when he was in Le Harve, all the parts with Joanne (I adore him.), and even the less significant scenes.. although none of this truly feels insignificant.
Brava, Eglentyne. Five gold stars, two thumbs up, all the awards, etc. Please do continue to post on your tumblr, because I enjoy hearing from you and i'd love to read anything else you write (even if it's not Kuro related ;)).
Kanae M. Graham chapter 39 . 10/14/2015
I wanted to say something for Ciel's ruined life at the aristocracy life but idk, I feel all ideas were gone and I hate when that happens. But it was sad and fitting just as it should be.

Then... “I kissed his eyelashes, noting how his tears were like the spray of the sea. My Icarus, who flew too low” I just loved so much the reference Sebastian says here and I found it gracious since Ciel used some of that reference for him at the past chapters.

Once I was reading about the garden rose and the way Sebastian explained to Ciel how he perceived him I was already feeling their last scene will be on that beautiful place, laying there… and since it actually happened well, I can only say that I feel fully well. After that I could dare to quote you all the way because there has nothing more precious for such a painful and inevitable end for Ciel, You made it so beautiful (as always) but Sebastian’s confession and his love for Ciel was perfect, was everything and the first time i read it -6 hours ago- I couldn’t stop the cry, especially with that “take it” as a kind of final order.

Marvellous ending for a marvellous story. You can be so chopped by their connection at the whole story but this last encounter is the most magnum and I really got shattered for that. Congrats, beautiful Egentlyne. It was nice to agonize for the beauty of your work, and just like Sebastian could glorify that last moment he had with Ciel for the eternity I’ll glorify this precious piece of pure literature and read it endless times.
Now it’s just time for wait your author note,
thank you so much!
Aservis Roturier chapter 39 . 10/14/2015
As impressive an ending as this deserves.

Well done.