Reviews for A Magnificent Depravity
Saisei84 chapter 39 . 10/14/2015
"When did I ever have need for the words of a silly love poem?" I adored that line so much at that moment.

Sebastian's reciting to Ciel as his life was leaving him was beautiful. I so loved the connection they had throughout your entire story and here at the end I felt it at it's best. Ciel's end and Sebastian's final thoughts and feelings... I have no words to truly describe how I felt reading it.

Absolutely wonderfully done! Bravo, m'lady! Bravo! *clapping ensues*

I look forward to reading your author's note.
ludo4 chapter 39 . 10/14/2015
This was. I have no words. The beauty and the horror you have blended so magnificently and I am in tears over Sebastian's love for Ciel. This was everything. Thank you.
Muttface94 chapter 39 . 10/14/2015
I literally cried. oh my god.
haldolhs chapter 38 . 10/12/2015
Sorry it’s taken me forever and a day gush over these last two chapters. Sometimes there just aren’t words, you know? Too bad this site won’t let me import an audio file of my gasps and various impromptu exclamations that prompted my better half to lean over my shoulder and ask “just what in the Hell are you reading?” at least a half dozen times.

Shameless, tactless Sebastian at brunch—he so lived up to this story’s title in this scene that I was actually rooting for Lizzie to jump him and attempt to claw his face off. I may have called him a few, choice derogatory words which aren’t fit to repeat in polite company, and I loved every second of it.

Ciel’s and Joanne’s goodbye was perfect and satisfying, especially that kiss. *sigh*

Pretty positive this is the first instance of 69ing I’ve read in any Kuro fanfic—if not, then it’s certainly the most memorable. *smirk*

Ma and Pa Midford—what a couple of asshats, yeah? Eddie’s well shut of them, so far as I’m concerned.

Alas . . . poor Lizzie. Would it upset you terribly if I told you I knew this was coming, that nothing was a shock? Perhaps my preparedness took the brunt of the impact out of the blow, because I found myself lamenting not the display in the bathtub, but having been right. I think I was holding out hope that she’d fight to hold on long enough to deliver certain revelations to Ciel firsthand and have the satisfaction of seeing her blows land—to collect her pound of flesh. Very rarely do I come across a Sebaciel fic that makes me feel anything for Lizzie, much less a sense of righteous resentment on her behalf. Kudos to you for making her more than just an annoying obstacle.

I thought your Grell was spot-on, and a shit-ton of good fun.

William and his “non-interference mandate.” So very, very interesting . . .

Will Ciel allow his guilt and grief to eat his soul instead of Sebastian? Hmm . . .

I’m both looking forward to and dreading the last chapter. Fantastic writing, my friend. You’re all kinds of awesome.
Guest chapter 38 . 10/1/2015
Amazing chapter. So much sympathy drawn up for Lizzie in the end, especially since most readers were just pleading for her to disappear. Well, you delivered, my dear.

I can't wait to see how this all ends.

AnimeCujo
Saisei84 chapter 38 . 9/29/2015
I had that thought back a few chapters that that was Elizabeth's state but how she came to it, I didn't guess that part, so you got me there. I've never really enjoyed Elizabeth's character (I tend to not like female characters and the ones I do, it's a small list) but what you wrote of all she went through with no one knowing was heartbreaking. She seemed so very strong throughout it for the most part too I felt despite what ended up happening here. I also kind of figured these were going to be the two good ol' Grell were here for. And I agree with a reviewer who said they liked Sebastian's "I don't care" attitude since he is no longer a butler. I'm also not holding out for a happy ending myself. Not at all. I'm kind of guessing in my head for the next chappie on one or two things, but I'll just have to wait and see on those. Good luck and much love for your final chapter!
Icy chapter 38 . 9/27/2015
This was a very sad chapter indeed. It did flow well with the rest of the story though. I had tears in my eyes. All those hurtful things Ciel said to her unknowing of the fact that she was raped and worse she was carrying her rapist's child. It was awful for both sides. This was a beautifully written chapter, even though it was heartbreaking.

I liked how in this chapter and the previous that you had Sebastian have more of a "I could care less" attitude since he wasn't a butler anymore. I always wondered how he would act if he was not a butler anymore to Ciel.

I look forward to the next chapter. Thank you for this wonderful ride you've given us!
Cynthia chapter 38 . 9/27/2015
Ooohhhh my goooodddd.
Whyyy.
I have no words.
No words at all.
One more chapter. See you there.
jaena.eowyn chapter 38 . 9/27/2015
Omg! So tragic, gah! Poor Lizzy! I can't believe how sad that was. I really never thought that I could feel such sympathy for her; care for what happens to her so much! But at least now I can finally be absolved for having almost given away what happened to her, having guessed it and alluded to it in my review of that chapter so long ago... haha Anyway, gorgeous, beautiful, heartrending chapter, painfully glorious as ever with your writing. Dreading these last few chapters so much so that I was almost unable to bear reading them. But I have, and now I am dreading that last one to come even more... :'( But bring it on! Bring it on. What must be, must be!
Midnight Self chapter 38 . 9/27/2015
*slow and never-ending applause as my heart breaks*
ludo4 chapter 38 . 9/27/2015
This was absolutely beautiful. Just gorgeous.
Guest chapter 38 . 9/26/2015
Such a beautiful chapter *~* I liked when you compared Edward's kid with Lizzie's kid *~~* so ironic T_T and I'm worried about Sebastian, I mean he's hungry and all XDD I love ridingd into sunset, so I hope to get one here lol Thanks for the chapter ~
Guest chapter 38 . 9/26/2015
I must say that i am not surprised about Lizzie's death, the poor thing had her own share of madness and sadness. But it surprised me,that i honesy felt no melancholy about it. While reading the chapter i just went : ' Eh,okay she died -*shrugs-. *. And now?. ' i have no idea why i feel like she kinda saved herself in a sense? I wonder if now she becomes a reaper, it would be so messed up... lovely chapter, Ciel has now lost his fiance only the aunt and edward left...the boy has a life filled with blood only i swear.
promocat chapter 38 . 9/26/2015
i do support this story-thier fates are often dark but they at least still have each other
nezushi chapter 38 . 9/26/2015
Truly devastating to read of Elizabeth's suffering, and how desperately she tried to hide what happened to her... I can't wait for the last chapter. I feel like we've all finally come to the end of a great journey.
733 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »