Reviews for A Magnificent Depravity
BlueMockingbird629 chapter 38 . 9/26/2015
Beautiful.
Utterly lovely.
Kanae M. Graham chapter 38 . 9/26/2015
Alright *rips my heart out and offer it to you* here, have it, it's yours, i don't need it and i don't want it anymore since it's already dead, it died between every achingly beautiful word of yours at these two chapters by bleeding to death. My feelings are a mess just like my face you see, but I have to clap you really strongly and again i have poor words to express you how stunning and magnum your work is while I agonized when you showed us how sad, tragic and beautiful was Elizabeth's death. Now I wonder if she'll return as shinigami? idk, but the fact that she was raped, oh gosh *sobs* now, i'm so sure everything between Sebastian and Ciel will be really spooky in some way, can't believe it's already ending, but i'm excited at the same time, i'm scared because i know it will hurt really badly to the point of ending crazy. Buuut since i don't have a heart anymore it might be easy (?) so, that's all. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'll be waiting my certain death while you update.
DemonPrincess-grave chapter 38 . 9/26/2015
OMG I'm in tears now T.T
bluejellyfishOuO chapter 38 . 9/26/2015
I don't ship this pairing anymore but holy shit. What a read.
vampireanna'dancer chapter 37 . 9/22/2015
Wow... Just wow... You are an incredible author and reading your work is a mesmerising and spellbinding experience. I hope you never stop practicing this amazing talent of yours.
coopt98 chapter 37 . 9/16/2015
I have waited a long time for this to come. For Sebastian to call Ciel by his name and the contract breaking. (Lizzy walking in was a surprise.) I wonder if Ciel will just form another contract...? Update soon :)
haldolhs chapter 37 . 9/11/2015
Really, what can I say that I haven't said already? Great chapter. You're crafting a truly wonderful climatic build that draws skillfully from everything that came before, thick with anticipation and apprehension. I'm gripped, enthralled, glued to the edge of my damned seat, and I'm enjoying the Hell outta this show. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Guest chapter 37 . 9/9/2015
Such an amazing story. I cannot wait to see how you wrap it all up.
AnimeCujo
Guest chapter 37 . 9/8/2015
BEAUTIFUL!
Mystitat chapter 37 . 9/9/2015
I had so many thoughts, I couldn't put them all together without going through the chapter again, picking out quotes for context. So here I present my thoughts with the quotes. For context.

"having to come to grips with the fact that I had far too much fondness for my food"
We've past the point of "I want to eat that," then, haven't we. He's not intending to eat Ciel. He's going to try to delay it as long as possible, and he'll probably be sad afterwards. That just feels ... so disappointing to me. It's like, Sebastian could have had this amazing climax, but instead he's going to grieve Ciel. It's exquisite grief, but grief nonetheless.

I suppose it's Ciel's fault.

"You could have done that as easily as I"
Technically no, it would have been much easier for Sebastian.

"I have no intention of leaving."
Leaving ! consuming.

This is such a big deal though! In the last chapter Sebastian gave Ciel the option of Sebastian leaving him, and Ciel did not take it. (It was so subtle, I didn't even realize that he did until several days after I read the chapter.)

Now the offer is off the table. Sebastian's not leaving. Ciel is trapped with him. But also Sebastian is not obligated to be always truthful now, so I'm not necessarily going to take this promise at face value.

"the only logical conclusion was we were equal"
I'm having trouble getting my head around this. I suppose it's a logical conclusion, but I feel like there must be some gray area for Ciel between "lowly human" and "equal," because he's probably still going to end up being "food."

"So I decided after the trousers, the shirt and my shoes that I was dressed enough"
I love love love that you did this. I dislike when Sebastian is still dressed in butler garb in AU or post anime fanworks. He should only be dressed that way in butler contexts.

I eagerly await finding out what Sebastian wears in the next chapter. (Does he really need clothes? I don't think he needs clothes. Maybe that's just me.)

"leaned against the frame in a most unprofessional manner"
I love Sebastian's "unprofessional manner." I love how thoroughly unbutlerlike he's being in this whole chapter. It really works. But more on that later.

"she appeared as a bird ruffling her feathers at my lack of formality"
This is such a fitting image for Elizabeth. So beautiful and subtle.

"There was the sound of a stool falling on its side"
Here's the lead up...

"his sitting stool on its side in front of the bed"
... and there's the payoff!

"They do, but I do think it is worth noting that as of tonight, I am no longer employed."
Cheeky devil. Yes, the decency of Ciel's servants reflects on him, and yes, Sebastian is now no longer employed. But Sebastian was most definitely employed when he took any actions that could be interpreted as ruining Ciel's decency. If anything Sebastian has made an even more decent man out of him since the contract was broken.

Cheeky devils do not answer the questions they are asked.

"Pay him off so he will never speak ill of you, do what it takes to keep him silent"
It's adorable how Lizzie is still operating under the assumption that Sebastian is human. So cute.

"I do not require your permission, because I will do as I please."
Now here's the crux of it. I don't think Ciel has realized yet how outside of the world Sebastian is now. He's beholden to no one except as he pleases, but Ciel can't see that yet because Sebastian has still done pretty much what Ciel has wanted.

The other shoe hasn't dropped yet. It won't until Ciel realizes that there is no way to continue in this happy little household. It's all going to come to a crashing halt, and Ciel doesn't know it yet.

AND I NEED SEBASTIAN TO TELL HIM.

I need Sebastian to TALK to Ciel about what he is and what he's feeling and why it's hard and why he can't go on like this. I don't think I'm going to get it because Sebastian doesn't share his feelings with Ciel as a rule, and because it would be more true to life for everything to come crashing down before Sebastian even gets the chance to have that conversation.

But I want it so bad. Any ending would satisfy me, if only to hear Sebastian TALK to Ciel about what he is and what he feels.

"it felt as about as dim to me as the heat of a candle flame"
My stomach drops every time I read this line. Sebastian's grief at the loss of feeling Ciel's mind is exquisite.

"My perceptions were aided by the tie that the contract held between us and without it my world was silent."
I love that your model of demon physicality gives Sebastian such an interesting incentive. He's not only incentivized to make contracts for sustenance; he's incentivized to make contracts because the sensation of being in a contract drowns out the hunger.

I wonder if Sebastian is conscious of this, or if he ever was in a previous contract, or if any demons ever have been.

"I could feel his nerves sparking and the whole of him clear and full and beautifully present"
"Nerves sparking" is such a moving turn of phrase. It's so beautiful, but so painful because I know it's going to be the last time. If only Sebastian and Ciel could be together for eternity, Sebastian would toil endlessly just to feel the impossible bliss he nearly had under the contract.

BUT THEY CAN'T, CAN THEY.

"brilliance that had given this entire charade some meaning and purpose"
"Charade" is such a perfect word here. It was a charade. Everything about it is so impossible. It all has to crumble.

"He fell asleep to demon's lips that would not stop pricking his shoulders and this made me consider him more remarkable"
See, I don't think it's remarkable. This is where I see disconnect.

Sebastian keeps remarking on how impressive it is that Ciel can feel the way he does about a monster like Sebastian, but I don't think Ciel really groks how much of a monster Sebastian is and how dire the situation is. Ciel thinks he's found his happy ending, but Sebastian knows it's about to end in tragedy very soon.

And whose fault is that? It's Sebastian's, because he still hasn't fucking told Ciel anything happening in his head!

From Ciel's perspective, they had an amazing orgasm, their love broke the contract, Sebastian didn't deny that he could love Ciel, he hasn't eaten him yet, and they fell asleep in each other's arms. That can totally read "happy ending" to me, and I think it does to Ciel too. So it's not remarkable that Ciel can fall asleep to a beast's kisses, because from Ciel's perspective, he's already transformed the beast into a prince.

Ciel's deluding himself as much or more than Lizzie has deluded herself, to think they can go on with anything resembling human life after this.

"His breathing had remained even, as if this terrifying condition was his preferred sleeping position"
More of Sebastian being amazed by Ciel's denial.

"malignity"
I dare you to go one chapter without using the word "malignity."

"I spent several minutes trying to push these demonic manifestations back into myself"
Struggling against base animal urges is a thing I'm into, so on the one hand, this is incredibly kinky for me.

On the other hand, why?! WHY?! Why hold back the demon for Ciel's sake?!

Sebastian is walking this strange line between being a free unprofessional unencumbered demon and bearing the burden of holding it together in front of Ciel. It's so strange. It's like, he needs everything in the world to see how detached he is, how he "can't be bothered," except for Ciel. He fights to keep this mask on for Ciel.

Why? Is it because he knows that when the mask slips, he won't be able to hold back the hunger, and it will all be over?

Does Ciel even want the mask? I don't think he does. This is the Ciel who wants "to indulge Sebastian as he truly is," if I remember the quote from chapter 21 correctly.

I thought at the end of chapter 36 that Sebastian and Ciel are in truly uncharted territory now, but I was wrong. They're in the same predicament they've always been in. Even now after the contract is broken, they're struggling under this impossible dilemma: letting go and having each other as they truly are means they'll destroy each other.

What beautiful destruction.
Midnight Self chapter 37 . 9/8/2015
It seems every time I think this work cannot be more perfect, it proceeds to defy my expectations. The characters are forever realistic and faithful to the original. The situations are brilliantly thought out. And thank you SO MUCH for writing a scene where Elizabeth walks in. It was such a hilarious, messy scene, but it's so nice to see Ciel finally freed from the burden of pretending he likes Elizabeth like that. And without the easy way out of having her fall for someone first. This chapter goes on my list of favorites for this work. Keep writing 3
Kitsune-sama888 chapter 37 . 9/7/2015
Dayum... Sebastian not being a butler... Lizzy finding out... So much has happened... LOVE IT
promocat chapter 37 . 9/7/2015
I like how sebastian is rethinking everything now he & ciel are no longer in a contract-for the most part-i think sebastian is almost on auto pilot when he's in a contract & now he has to concously(sp) redo every thing to stay with ciel(thu i think ciel wouildn't mind his true appearence)
Guest chapter 37 . 9/7/2015
First of all thank you for 'AN' - truly encouraging words, needed them so much now.
Back to chef d'oeuvre I'm not able to form any comprehensive opinion/review, having just read this chapter. FSFNC(favourite sentence from the chapter) "I will not leave him."- PS That's not the only one !
Merci beaucoup !
Guest chapter 37 . 9/7/2015
SO FUCKING GOOOOD. OH MY GOD ITS SO GOOOD.

Thank you so much for the update! Also, no need to apologize for the wait, we're always happy to wait so long as you promise to come back! 3

Can't wait for the next update!
733 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »