Reviews for A Magnificent Depravity
Belacis chapter 36 . 8/16/2015
In the words of my friend when we asked Siri what 0/0 was, "Why you gotta be such a disrespectful ass hoe?"
Saisei84 chapter 36 . 8/15/2015
I very much loved this chapter as I have all your others. You are such a wonderful writer and I've so enjoyed every moment I've spent reading this story of yours.

I have no words though in particular to this chapter, just the praise above. I will continue to wait and see how you end this tale and what you course you choose to have Sebastian and Ciel take. Whatever way you do so, I feel it will be painful but most likely necessary. I have never read a story for these two such as yours and I'm so happy to have stumbled across it.
Guest chapter 36 . 8/15/2015
AnimeCujo: Oh my God. That was absolutely spellbinding and hauntingly beautiful. I have been waiting to see if you would give those two another glorious moment together and I must say that I am so so pleased right now.

As for Elizabeth, one of the possible deaths? Maybe a suicide? Hmmm.
Prime chapter 36 . 8/14/2015
I have never left a review in this past year and a half but you say you bled over this, that this is your heart, and for the first time while reading this page, I began to tear up. I've been following this story for so long and you said this would be a terrible tragedy. Once you began to do something other than that, I felt good for a happy ending. Though, as I read this chaote, halfway I was wondering "Didn't the charity end earlier? Where is Elizabeth?" And got this sense that she would be in the chapter and, oh, man, I was not wrong. This story is just constantly being laid out so beautifully. Every month I wait so hungrily for a new chapter and Noe you've left me the same but, I love it!
Guest chapter 36 . 8/14/2015
Thank you !
Beautiful Truly love the way they care for each other
Now I only dread those consequences ...
Mystitat chapter 36 . 8/14/2015
You didn't have to tell us you bled over it. It's obvious. Every word is soaked in blood. There's no moment in 7000 words without deep intention and agony. I'm flipping out and it's magnificent.

Oh, so many thoughts, where to begin ...

It all makes so much sense now! I was thinking Sebastian couldn't handle love due to his own biology, but this makes so much more sense. Sebastian knew *the whole time* that this could happen, and now that you've lain it all out the foreshadowing is so obvious, I'm kicking myself for not seeing it. Every time Sebastian told him not to cast aside his dignity and told him he was always his servant was because of this. When Sebastian accused Ciel so long ago of doing things that were "not part of the deal," it was because of this. Of course! Of course if Ciel goes outside of their deal, they will no longer have a deal!

Ciel breaking the contract with love makes sense on so many levels, and I love that you called out at least two. One is technical, the other metaphysical. Technically Ciel agreed to pursue his revenge, and technically he's lost that here, so Sebastian has every right to consume him. Metaphysically, the power of love drove out the "malignity" of the contract. Oof, you're hitting me so hard.

For a minute there I thought Ciel was going to transform Sebastian into an angel. When Sebastian spoke of powerful voices of old and glorifying Ciel's name, I thought, Oh wow, here we go. Sebastian the devil is speaking with white fluffy angel text boxes instead of sinister black text boxes. I would have been perfectly okay with that, though it might have been a bit of a cop out. But then that didn't happen, which is for the best. Consequences are better.

Speaking of cop outs, the one thing that didn't ring realistic was Sebastian settling down for sleep with Ciel. I expected more frenzy and more panic and more "I must consume something right now." I suppose that's the point, that Sebastian is finding the strength to hold those urges back, and there is beauty in that. But there is also beauty in uncontrollable demonic urges, and I have a soft spot for that kind of beauty, so I hope we see more of that in the next chapter.

Oh, Elizabeth...

I mean, I see why Sebastian and Ciel had to end with cuddling to sleep together. Elizabeth had to walk in on them, and this gives you more flexibility and more room for escalation. Now you can have "Elizabeth walks in on Ciel sleeping with his butler" and go up from there, as opposed to "Elizabeth walks in on Sebastian in a demonic frenzy," where there's not much room for Elizabeth to jump to the conclusions I'm sure you want to play with.

Though that would have been fun. ;)

I bet you freaked the hell out when you read chapter 107. He he he ...

All the uninhibited wailing and moaning and howling in a townhouse with a larger than usual sleepover had me wondering if someone would interrupt them, but now that I think about it, Elizabeth had to come to Ciel's room whether they'd made a peep or not. Elizabeth has to bang Ciel as soon as possible if anyone's going to believe her...

Most of all I love that this is pushing the bounds of explored fanfiction, and Sebastian and Ciel are truly in uncharted territory. I've read so many stories in which the contract is broken and that means smooth sailing because they're in love and Sebastian can handle that. But he shouldn't be able to handle that, because he's a fucking demon! I love that nothing had to be compromised to get to this point. Both Sebastian and Ciel feel so fucking real, and I can't wait for the next chapter to find out how they fucking really handle this fucking real situation.

When Ciel said he was done playing games, I flipped out, like, What, no, Ciel is all about games! You can't have a Ciel who's not playing games! But then stopping playing games also meant stopping the contract, so I'm more okay with that now. But I don't think Ciel really stopped playing games, because even after he said that, he forced his name from Sebastian, and that's a gambit if I ever saw one. Ciel is pushing Sebastian so fucking hard, too fucking hard, and now he has to face the consequences of that. I don't think he could have possibly conceived of what he was doing. What a naive little brat! He just wanted to win! If he's consumed will he still feel like he won? I wonder.

Oh, and the fucking baptism. You had Ciel fucking baptize Sebastian! Considering how expositional Sebastian was with "I realized this is just what he did with Joanne," I'm impressed that you refrained from having Sebastian call out that one.
nezushi chapter 36 . 8/14/2015
Eglentyne,
After going through that, I feel like I wasn't prepared enough for the full force of this chapter. I've never really thought about it, but I've read many SebaCiel fanfics and other stories, and I just felt like all of a sudden that I'd never really read a scene where there was as much love as this one. I hope you know that what you wrote felt so special to me, and probably many others. I'm not very articulate, so I can't wax poetic about it, but I just was sitting there stunned after reading it, like every other fanfic relationship I've read had never been true love; true unadulterated love. Everything seems so shallow now after reading your wonderful creation. And the fact that it ended with their contract being terminated never felt so meaningful. I'm feeling so scared for their future, I really don't know how this story is going to turn out! (I'm a sucker for happy endings though _)
Thank you for the magical read, and keep on doing what you do!
Guest chapter 36 . 8/13/2015
Wow, this chapter was so freaking hot XDD and I absolutely loved their love making! *~* Sebastian has finally come to his senses and admitted what we all here have been waiting for ~ the disappearance of the contract was quite unexpected but I like it - in a sense it brings Sebastian on the same level with Ciel *~* and oh boy, Lizzie's impeccable timing... when I read the line with the scream I rather expected somebody died lol But I think, Lizzie's discovery is way scarier for them than some simple murder XDDD
Guest chapter 36 . 8/13/2015
Oh fuck. Oh fuck. Oh fuck on so many levels. Sebastian, the only logic here is to eat Ciel. Just eat him and peace out... please my heart can't take it. I'm going to cry. Fuck. EAT THE BOY AND LEAVE ELIZABETH ALONE SHE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG PLEAAASSSEEE
promocat chapter 36 . 8/13/2015
now this should be good with lizzie-she can go in several directions & all at once!(loved how you brought out sebastian's feelings towards ciel)
Aservis Roturier chapter 36 . 8/13/2015
Well it was inevitable, wunnit? 'Course it was. You had no choice; it was them or you. It was stay true to yourself or turn into Walt Disney.

And I don't fancy you frozen. ew.
Sarah chapter 36 . 8/13/2015
I'm at a loss for worfds, Eglentyne. This was so beautiful, and sad, and perfect. I knew the chapter could not end on a positive nore, because I kept thinking of the two who had to die and who could 'not have been closer'... I didn't suspect Elizabeth entering the scene, however. My mind is all over the place and it's very hard right now for me to give you a proper review. This always happens after your masterpieces. I'm nervous, because I know it has to end and that there will be no happily ever after. That was the last sex scene, so shit hitting the fan will or has already commenced. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. Brava. I loved this chapter very much so.
haldolhs chapter 36 . 8/13/2015
I love this chapter. I wanna take it out to dinner and then go downtown with it. It's frigging beautiful and awesome and wonderful, and I couldn't gush enough if I were the Hoover Dam with its flood-gates open. Just smack my ass and call me gobsmacked.

I feel that knife against my jugular. You're going to kill me, aren't you. The contract's broken (that was a fantastic, earth-shattering turn of events, btw). Sebastian's no longer SEBASTIAN. Something tells me you're not go all demon-with-a-soul, the-monster's-really-a-Care-Bear-who-just-needs-a-really-good-hug (or shag, as the case may be) to discover his gooey middle, are you. NO DAMN IT! I waaanntt Sebastian back! *whimpers*

Yay Lizzie! The only thing I like better than a shocked and mortified Lizzie is a Lizzie who wants in on the fun-but this isn't that type of story. It's universes better. Lightyears. Thank God. And Thank YOU!

Sincerely, I really can't gush enough. Or coherently. Maybe after I've read it a couple more times and have had a smoke or twenty.

CAN'T WAIT for the next chapter! You're killing me. I love it. I love you. You're the bomb. I'm gonna shut up now.
cynthia chapter 36 . 8/13/2015
E! This chapter was beautiful. I thought i knew what was going to happen and now im not sure! Poor lizzy. Poor ciel. Whats going on with sebastian? No more contract? Equals?
Im curious to see exactly what it is that you're up to. More please! Soon!
janiyah chapter 36 . 8/13/2015
AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! WTF the contract is over and Elizabeth saw them in the door way OMG more give me more. This has to be the best chapter.
733 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »