Reviews for The Ties That Bind
Shahrezad1 chapter 18 . 4/15
-attack hugs GamerGirl13- HI! I just wanted to let you know that I am back from my religious work as a missionary in Japan, and I am back in the States. 3 I MISSED YOU! And I thought about you often!

Also, I am SO sorry to hear about your mother. I just read about it in the above comments... :S I know that in saying that I'm four months late, but I really am sorry. While serving in Japan my mom went through cancer and I remember having the thought of, "what if I lose her?" so while I can't imagine what you went through and are going through currently, I am sorry for your loss. :( -hugs across the web-

Also, thank you for all the lovely writing you've done. I was able to catch up on everything up till now and it was great to read about Shae starting to move on, Merida's realization that she likes him and also her increased wisdom. Then there is of course our favorite two couples in the castle to read about, and Harris' doings. You've done some really wonderful work with the characterization, and I really enjoyed when Kenna stood up to Lady Macintosh! The fact that at least four of the six "adult/parental" members of royalty are supportive (including the king and queen themselves) is an added bonus. With this teaser chapter I am sure that they're all in for some tough times ahead, but I look forward to them when they come. :)

And back to the beginning of my comment...I've missed you, I hope that you are doing well and increasing in betterment every day, and I hope you know that I support you in all your doings. Take care of yourself, my friend. :)
paula chapter 18 . 3/24
es muy linda tu historia de como shae al comienzo odiaba a merida pero ahora de a poco se esta enamorando de ella y ella de el,por favor continuala
Shadowedcries chapter 18 . 3/13
Beautiful story you have weaved here! Thank you for sharing it with us. I am greatly enjoying the read. You have splendid skills in the art of writing, each moment leaves me wanting more. Till next time.
Lanen chapter 18 . 2/28
This may be the most beautifully written Brave fic on the internet. You truly have a knack for painting with words. I hope that some peace has found you and your family after such a sad surprise. These little teasers are much appreciated. My heart goes out to you and yours, and I hope that you are able to find your voice again sometime in the future. Best wishes, Katie
someone chapter 18 . 2/25
aaaaawwwwwwwwww!
someone chapter 16 . 2/25
I loved this chapter
reppad98 chapter 18 . 2/1
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother... I wish you and your family strength and love in this difficult time. Really, it's completely understandable that your mind isn't on writing right now. Still, as a reader it's great to hear that you're not abandoning this story, but take as much as time as you need. I've stuck with this story for over two years (or rather, this story stuck with me for over two years, since I still came back to read it) and I'll wait patiently until it's finished. If you ever need help with anything, whether it's writing-related or you just want to chat, feel free to send me a message :)
Anyway, let's get onto to this sneak peek. Aww, first an adorablely sweet future scene - I do hope this will happen, at some point XD And Shae might be having pleasant dreams, but Merida on the other hand... Oh, and of course we can't forget about Nessa, Kenna and the other two young lords (to be honest, after all those Merida and Shae chapters, I almost had :P). Trouble between the sisters... And the triplets and the Fae, we can't forget about those, either. So yeah, this has gotten me really excited for the upcoming chapter :D But of course, take your time, I understand, really.
So, yeah, anyway, I'm all caught up! Thank you very much for not giving up on this story, I'm looking forward to more, keep writing, and if there's anything I can help you with, feel free to message me!
reppad98 chapter 17 . 2/1
Oh, I'm almost caught up, just one more chapter, it's such a shame... But I'm excited for this chapter, too :D
Lovely awkward waking up tangled together scene. They're such a cuties. And even though they've gotten a lot closer, they're still bickering. Maybe some things never really change. Shae and archery haha. Bathing, oh, that's just trouble waiting to happen haha. That scene when Shae suggested he might wanted to see her naked - the tension, ah, that was great. I have a huge grin on my face right now. Aaawww, that scene with the waterfall, oh, this is just getting better and better! But of course it couldn't be solved like this either, so back to friendship it is. Then again, their love shouldn't be based just on lust, anyway. Merida has nightmares... I wonder when Shae will find out.
reppad98 chapter 16 . 2/1
Oooh, the conversation we've all been waiting for, between Shae and Merida about pretty much everything. Let's get started!
Shae's opening up, yay! It's actually going pretty well so far, the story is coming out pretty well, Merida is listening well, asks the right questions and gives him some pushes in the right direction... Shae is definitely making some progress, he told Merida why he hated her, that's good. He kissed her hand! Awww, so cute XD And after all the talking of course everything isn't fixed yet, that would have been too easy, but this whole conversation did make Shae realize how incredibly close they have become, and it's only logical he wants a bit of distance to think everything over. But obviously that isn't working out so well - the scene at the end, so sweet! I can't wait to see what else will happen between them :D
reppad98 chapter 15 . 1/31
And time for another chapter, woot-woot :D
Oh Colin, what is Nessa signing up for? Although, has she even signed up for it yet? XD I guess I'll find out in this chapter... They're so cute together. At least Nessa is showing some sense regarding this whole marriage thing haha. Though, perhaps, I sometimes think the whole drama between them is going a bit overboard, a bit too much... Well, both Lady MacIntosh and Lord Dingwall do have a point - both young lords have only known the girls for a few days and they're already talking about marriage. I mean, I get that people marry young and fast in this time period, but even this must be seriously fast... Still, they're cute :P Haha, good way to avoid the talk, Harris, "Merida already told me" XD Fergus with his animal hide haha. And oh, more Merida and Shae next chapter, that would be great!
reppad98 chapter 14 . 1/31
*rubs hands* Time to tackle this one :D
Indeed, what Shae and his brothers went through, they needed their father by their side - he undoubtedly would have been upset as well, but at least they would've had someone else to lean on as well. Especially Shae... Even though, obviously, his father doesn't really know how to deal with it either, at least he seems to handle everything better than Shae. And no matter how painful those feverish dreams must be for Shae, it at least makes him realize what's really going on. Now let's hope he'll be able to do it, to let go and move on... The scene when Merida was tending to Shae's wounds, that was so cute! They're both making some progress here - I wonder who will realize their feelings first. And afterwards, when Shae broke down... Oh, I'm so excited for the next chapters!
reppad98 chapter 13 . 1/31
Yay, time for another chapter!
Oooh, looks like I was right, this is going to be the chapter with Shae's backstory. I wonder if only the readers will get to hear it, or if Shae will tell Merida as well. Only one way to find out, let's start reading! Shannon is already feeling that something is off, that makes this all the more painful to read. To see her be tortured and killed in front of him, not strong enough to save her, it's no wonder it hit Shae so hard. Those feverish dreams... Well, at least we now know why Shae blames Merida - obviously, it's stupid, but I can understand his reasoning. If only she had chosen one of those three, it didn't even necessarily have to be Shae, then the other two would have married some other clan's daughter... But who knows how that would have worked out, it might have perhaps been worse. It's the reasoning of someone who's hurting and can't see the whole picture, but I can understand, not agree, but understand it. Just like Shae explained it to Shannon's ghost - painful for her to hear, obviously. And they kissed! But the moment is pretty much instantly ruined...
reppad98 chapter 12 . 1/30
So, time for another chapter!
Oh wow, Colin sure went straight into it, eh? That request totally surprised me (and everyone else, obviously) but it was awesome, time to break some more traditions XD And ouch, there's some trouble in the relationship between the MacIntoshes... Iaighe! She can tell Harris (and the other two, too, if they're there on time) that Merida and Shae are still alive! And if I'd just continued reading instead of writing that down, I would have known I was right, yay :D At least now the triplets know. Oooh, and some development between Kenna and Duncan as well! And wow, such a heavy backstory for Nessa... Sisters! That's something I didn't see coming, either. But that's a nice twist, actually. Shae's awake! And Shannon... that was his sweetheart back home, who was killed by the Vikings... Oh, I think there will be some emotional talk next chapter (or not, if Shae manages to avoid or deflects Merida's questions). Still, I hope there will be more Shae and Merida stuff, now that he's woken up, because this chapter was a lot of the side-characters.
Anyway, thank you for updating, I'll read the next chapter soon, and keep writing! ! !
reppad98 chapter 11 . 1/30
Oh, wow, it's been years - literal years - since I've read this story and now I finally have time to catch up on it again. And man, do I have a lot of catching up to do. I reread the first ten chapters to get everything good back in my head (I remembered surprisingly quite a lot, still, so I guess your story really made an impact :D), so time to get onto the new stuff!
Merida indeed does worry like a scared mate haha, I can't fault the Fae for thinking that. Plus, wishful thinking XD And God, to think your own child died and mourn them when they aren't in fact dead - oh, I hope so that they find out soon, but I doubt it. And Shae has to be alright, he just has to be... But how fast he's going to get better, that'll be the question. And since you said they still have a lot to go through...
I liked the talk between Duncan and his father, it really adds some interesting backstory. At least it looks like none of the young ones will face (much) problems from their parents when they want to marry someone. And I suppose that people, in this time and place, don't wait long with marrying someone. At least, it sure seems so from how everyone talks about it haha. Gods, Harris's hopefulness must be really painful for everyone, and yet there's no way he can prove that's he right... Haha, I really liked the conversation between Keira and Merida about Shae. Heh, that was funny, Merida being embarrassed.
Anyway, thank you very much for continuing to update, I'll read the next chapter soon, and keep writing! ! !
Yes merida does somehow end up back in the original dress.