Reviews for The Ties That Bind
WinterhartZahneelCalina chapter 17 . 2/27
Excellent work on this chapter as well. I can't wait to see how this story continues, but I'm really hoping Merida and Shae will stop hiding what they're feeling from themselves and each other soon. I would love to see what is happening back at the keep, but honestly I'm still more interested in the story of our main characters.
Keep up the good work and I can't wait to read the next chapter.
me myselfandi chapter 17 . 2/24
Please update
LNDcrazygirl chapter 17 . 2/22
I love this story, really well written and engaging. A few years ago I found this story then lost it by accident and then recently found it again. I am really happy to find that the story is still on going and seems to be getting better and better. This chapter was great and the kiss was brilliant but err why? God damn both of them. Please update soon :).
fictionlover94 chapter 17 . 2/19
Nice chapter! So sorry about the late review but I love the bonding between shae and merida. Hopefully they'll get home in time. Love the chapter.
K9glacier chapter 17 . 2/19
Dawh,I feel loved! I Was actually amazed when I thought of how long I've been following this story but I'm just so ready for all the major story lines to come together im dying!lol you actually give me something to look forward to,belive it or not while you're still in the states on training status (I got one of the smarty pants jobs that take like 1.5 years of nothing but school after initial training) it gets pretty dull! I was actually not allowed to do anything on Valentine's day because it was my duty day so best vday gift ever! I love us hun hope to see an update real soon! Take care
EmberHaze chapter 17 . 2/18
They are so prefect together. I how they've grown in the story so far! I can't wait to read more
sprtye112 chapter 17 . 2/16
It posted before I was done... I was saying it would be nice to know how long they have been gone and if they can get back before the filings and their reaction to being back around their families now with this attraction between them.
spryte112 chapter 17 . 2/16
Was stoked to see a new chapter. Had to go back and read the end of the last one to remember where we left off. Yeah. I loved this chapter. Beautiful scenery, hunting,playful banter and then of course the surge of built up attraction getting a little display. I really liked how you chose to not only make him control himself but admit that he wasn't sure he could keep control. I find this is for only going to make their attraction stronger and yern for more. Id still like for it to be sweet and sensual rather then ravaging though. You can keep on with chapters of Meridian and Shad, but I would like a small insert of how everyone else is, how ling have they been
Colleen chapter 17 . 2/15
Thank you so much for posting another wonderful chapter. My night, and possibly week, were made when I read your Authors Note. I'm so honored you described me as sunshine! How sweet! As always this chapter was a must read. I'm anticipating the next one. Shae is so adorable! (In a manly sort of strong way.) Anyway hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day, and keep writing :)
Aggressively Hospitable chapter 17 . 2/14
I'm happy to help however I can!
Now about the chapter, I really love the physical interactions! The innocent and not so innocent ;) ;) because they started out being more accidental than anything and now there's meaning behind each one. And that's indicative of how their relationship has progressed and I love how Merida is seeing a softer, gentler side of Shae now.
And Shae is starting to see Merida rather than the "princess" because in intimate moments, he refers to her by her name and it's when he is angry, irritated and frustrated that he switches back. I think it will really mean a lot when no matter his frame of mind and mood, that she is Merida first and foremost and she keeps her individual humanity rather than slapping a title on her and she looses WHO she is to WHAT she is in his head. But he made real progress when he likened her to the tree and it is absolutely fitting and I'm kicking myself for not realizing that correlation sooner. And the fact that he is teasing and joking with her says quite a lot about how he's changing.
Now I loved the Shannon element, I was surprised that she would steal his horse too but you explained it quite nicely and it was good for him to talk about it so kudos to both of them for being BRAVE ;) ;)
and the kiss scene was amazing and I love how you realistically had them handle the fall out afterwards because the air needs to be cleared and matters needed to be addressed for them to make real progress in their relationship and character growth and development.
I also really love the research you did on the cooking spices and their God's and legends and folklore and you write in that gorgeous Scottish acent and you put such rich details so that it's like we're in the story and watching it happen and even though you have huge chapters (which I love) you still leave us wanting more and your skills as a story teller are really fine tuned and I wish I could write like you.
Kid Eternity chapter 17 . 2/14
This chapter made me a bit hot, no offense but what would you expect? Other than that it was good and warmed my heart. I'm glad these two are starting to get along, although they both still have a long road ahead of them.
nanda chapter 16 . 2/5
Look, I don't know how many time have passed since you posted this chapter, but continue the story soon, please! It is one of the best fanfictions I ever read! I love the movie and Merida, and this Merida/Shae envolvement. I always search for such a fanfic with these two. Also, I am a Medieval History student, and I think it's great that you search for these legends to be part of your story. You are a great writer!
Colleen chapter 1 . 1/30
So excited to see where this journey is going. Don't keep us waiting too long! Also Happy New Year!
Turtlesarecool chapter 16 . 1/30
I've been reading this over the past two months and it is astounding! The amount of effort that is evident in this alone is really mind-blowing to me. I'm honestly enjoying the story and curious as to what will come next. I will admit, because I feel you deserve to know, that I tend to skim the sections about Colin, Nessa, Kenna, and Duncan. I think it is just my personality... I prefer to read about people flipping out of the way as they perform daring fears than long scenes consisting of dialogue that is more about subtext and slow going. I don't think it is your fault at all that I don't find those scenes very fascinating, I blame me. You've done a brilliant job with the dynamic between shae and Merida. It is beautifully developed and complex. I also like how you gave each of the triplets an individual personality without ever taking the shortcut and just writing 'Hamish tended to be the blah blah of the group and the blehblubibleh'. All in all amazing story. It's been a fun read so far.
WinterhartZahneelCalina chapter 16 . 1/24
I started reading this story just last night, and I have to admit, I'm quite impressed. This story is engaging, the characters appear to be well developed, and the plot line and timing are believable. I hope you won't abandon this story as I'm quite intrigued and can't wait to see what you plan to have happen next. I have enjoyed all your interpretations of the young Lords and your OCs, but I am very excited to see more interaction between Shae and Merida. Please update again soon.

(Oh, and I know you aren't happy with this chapter and feel it was your weakest, but I still found it to be quite engaging.)
Good luck in your writing!