Reviews for The Ties That Bind
Nessa chapter 5 . 5/26
Too lazy to sign in. Would just like to say that I was taken aback to see a character with my name in something. I've never met another Nessa and people always think its a weird name. Alternate meanings are "pure, chaste, or 'ungentle'" usually, although it is actually an (uncommon) name in many languages. The meaning that my parents liked best that was associated with it is "goddess of the moon".
Hello chapter 17 . 4/15
I just began to read this story like yesterday and I have not been able to put it down. I've literally been on my phone, my eyes glued to the screen, for 24 hours straight. Please keep up with this story. I couldn't bear it if you abandoned it. I love the Merida/Macguffin pairing and there's honestly not enough fanfiction out there about it (and there's almost nothing as interesting and well-written as yours). And I've really come to appreciate the fact that you've bothered to flesh out so many of the other characters too. I'm enjoying the relationships of the other suitors. You've created a crazy strong tension between Merida and Shae, and I'm eating it up, but at this point I'm just like OH JUST LOVE EACH OTHER ALREADY! Anyway, I know you're chapters tend to be long and it takes you awhile to write them, and the last thing I want to do is rush your process, but oh my goodness, don't make me wait too long please! I love your story :)
Colleen chapter 1 . 4/5
I just wanted to wish you a happy and healthy Easter...even if you don't celebrate the holiday, in which case I hope your Spring has sprung and everything is going your way. I eagerly await a new chapter and am so pleased with how the story is progressing :)
Hippydippydoda chapter 1 . 4/3
Eagerly anticipating your next update
FoxFir3WorkZz chapter 17 . 3/15
This is soo good. I was so excited when I logged in this morning and found a new chapter here! I don't think I've ever left you a review, so I just want to say that I absolutely love this story; I've been reading since Aug. of last year, and I look forward to every new chapter. I love your portrayal of the characters and I feel like you capture them very well in your writing. Colin, Shae, Duncan, Merida - even your OCs are written so well I feel like I know them, like I'm right there beside them. And you are so earnest with your historical accuracy, I love it!

Please keep up with this story, we all love you for writing it! 3 :
JadeVine10 chapter 17 . 3/4
Hi there! This fiction is beautiful, please update soon!
The chapter is great as always (though I was hoping for M rated scene between them heehee)
WinterhartZahneelCalina chapter 17 . 2/27
Excellent work on this chapter as well. I can't wait to see how this story continues, but I'm really hoping Merida and Shae will stop hiding what they're feeling from themselves and each other soon. I would love to see what is happening back at the keep, but honestly I'm still more interested in the story of our main characters.
Keep up the good work and I can't wait to read the next chapter.
me myselfandi chapter 17 . 2/24
Please update
LNDcrazygirl chapter 17 . 2/22
I love this story, really well written and engaging. A few years ago I found this story then lost it by accident and then recently found it again. I am really happy to find that the story is still on going and seems to be getting better and better. This chapter was great and the kiss was brilliant but err why? God damn both of them. Please update soon :).
fictionlover94 chapter 17 . 2/19
Nice chapter! So sorry about the late review but I love the bonding between shae and merida. Hopefully they'll get home in time. Love the chapter.
K9glacier chapter 17 . 2/19
Dawh,I feel loved! I Was actually amazed when I thought of how long I've been following this story but I'm just so ready for all the major story lines to come together im dying!lol you actually give me something to look forward to,belive it or not while you're still in the states on training status (I got one of the smarty pants jobs that take like 1.5 years of nothing but school after initial training) it gets pretty dull! I was actually not allowed to do anything on Valentine's day because it was my duty day so best vday gift ever! I love us hun hope to see an update real soon! Take care
EmberHaze chapter 17 . 2/18
They are so prefect together. I how they've grown in the story so far! I can't wait to read more
sprtye112 chapter 17 . 2/16
It posted before I was done... I was saying it would be nice to know how long they have been gone and if they can get back before the filings and their reaction to being back around their families now with this attraction between them.
spryte112 chapter 17 . 2/16
Was stoked to see a new chapter. Had to go back and read the end of the last one to remember where we left off. Yeah. I loved this chapter. Beautiful scenery, hunting,playful banter and then of course the surge of built up attraction getting a little display. I really liked how you chose to not only make him control himself but admit that he wasn't sure he could keep control. I find this is for only going to make their attraction stronger and yern for more. Id still like for it to be sweet and sensual rather then ravaging though. You can keep on with chapters of Meridian and Shad, but I would like a small insert of how everyone else is, how ling have they been
Colleen chapter 17 . 2/15
Thank you so much for posting another wonderful chapter. My night, and possibly week, were made when I read your Authors Note. I'm so honored you described me as sunshine! How sweet! As always this chapter was a must read. I'm anticipating the next one. Shae is so adorable! (In a manly sort of strong way.) Anyway hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day, and keep writing :)