Reviews for The Ties That Bind
maryplak chapter 11 . 4/3/2014
I hope you're alright, happy and healthy right now. :) Btw, I love the Nessa/Colin pairing.
maryplak chapter 10 . 4/3/2014
Amazing chapter, very emotional. :)
maryplak chapter 8 . 3/31/2014
Is an M rating really such a deal-breaker? I'm 20 years old. Anything less than M doesn't interest me much. Anyway, great chapter. :)
maryplak chapter 3 . 3/30/2014
Sexual tension, enough said.
maryplak chapter 2 . 3/30/2014
Fun story. I really like it. :)
Ver chapter 1 . 3/19/2014
So in love with this story. Hope Merida and him can figure out that they love each other, also love how he has this heartbreaking backstory. I find it inspiring that you've used these first chapters to establish character development, because most authors on this site don't. Hopefully there will be an update soon? Perhaps? (Fingers crossed)
Emily-Kaye chapter 1 . 3/12/2014
I love this story! I would make a brilliant Brave 2! Can't wait for next chapters
fictionlover94 chapter 12 . 3/3/2014
This is an awesome chapter! Now if Shannon is a chick I'm going to rant on how the name is a boy name by this time in the past. LOL

Anyway awesome chapter!
Shizuka23 chapter 12 . 2/25/2014
*spazing fangirling squealing* Best Valentines Gift EVER! (It's still valentines for me cuz I still have valentines day chocolates)

I especially loved the development between Kenna and Nessa! That just made my day! It reminds me of my relationship with my sister. It was beautifully written.

Oh and I was so glad to read more about the Fae girls and the young princes! I'm rooting for Harris and Tahvay. They are just so cute together and their contrast in their strength really compliment each other nicely.

I'm so glad that you updated! It really made my week and I'm thoroughly enjoying re-reading this chapter again. Yes I'm reading it again cuz it just makes me so happy!

I'm really worried about Shae and Merida though. That's gonna be an angsty sceen, and I can't WAIT for that! Poor Merida and Shae!

I love reading your authors notes at the end. It's so much detail and research that you put into the story, I learn something new every time I read your story update. XD

I hope that you had an awesome month and that your valentines day was eventful and your after valentines day was full of 50% off gourmet chocolate. 3 (That's usually my holiday cuz I LOOOOOVE chocolate)

I can't wait for the next update!
spryte112 chapter 12 . 2/23/2014
So yesterday around dinner time, I noticed the update. I had to impatiently wait for the kids to go to sleep so I would be able to read in peace. Loving the story! So many story lines going and love them all. Merida and Shae's the most (OF COURSE). I didn't think we were going to get any of them this chapter and was happy we did although I could have screamed at the cliffhanger. You're killing me! Can't wait for another update. I am also glad you talked about the Fae's ages again in your notes. For some reason, I keep thinking they are so much older although the small in size. And I am being good about not looking up the definition of the primrose. I will wait to be in aw with Nessa. :) Again, I can't wait for the next chapter, please tell me it will be soon!
Alwaysreading chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
It would be nice if the fae have a little ceremony with Shea and Merida before they "break the spell" ;) I mean just an idea for future chapters...
Guest chapter 12 . 2/23/2014
Just read this last chapter. Hope there's more Shea and Merida in the next, I mean I think the lords story is cute but honestly the developing love story between Shea and Merida is what's driving me crazy.
Shahrezad1 chapter 12 . 2/22/2014
Ah-HA! Now that's what I'm talking about! That's the perceptive, sensitive, incredibly aware, hilarious and loving Colin I was hoping for. Yayayayay! :D "I always assumed I was a very decent human." Plus, the whole, 'not backing away from his arms, but not accepting it either,' thing was very clever. Excellent work with that description and all those lovely tweaks and changes. 3

And then there was that kiss! Whew! -fans her face- WOW, Colin. :D I am impressed. Seriously impressed. :) "You confound me. And I like that." I think you just keyed in on so much of their personalities and what makes them attracted to one another, right there. Brilliant work. The scene just keeps getting better and better, especially as it goes from being (previously) a definite moment of strong plot, to also being a relationship-defining moment between them. That whole section just sells them as a couple. 3 I just loved it all, start to end.

Aaaaand now on to the rest! :D I enjoyed how you expanded the scene with the Fae girls and the triplets. The interactions were fun and it felt like their personalities were well-defined. I'm glad that Kenna and Nessa had an extra talk at the end, for closure reasons and to settle some of the anxiety of the previous event. Colin and Duncan's reappearances made me smile, of course (hey, they're gonna be Brother-In-Laws in the future! Might as well get accustomed to tag-teaming and having similar thoughts regarding spending quality time with the girls).

It was really good to have a scene with Merida and Shae, to see how they were doing. And Merida is slowly creeping toward the realization that she's in love with him. (After all, if she didn't care then why did she start tearing up when he said another woman's name? It's an excellent point.)

Although the next chapter is going to pick up at one doozy of a spot, let me tell you. Especially now that several of the main plot points have been brought to light therefore we're probably going to get more of a focus on the two of them. Alone. With no Fae chaperone. And possibly with a secret or two to share. Hoo boy, that's going to be one adventure, let me tell you. :S

But I'm looking forward to it, regardless. :D Thank you for such wonderful wok. 3
Colleen chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
Oh my goodness! Brave was on TV today and I had a feeling this was a sign that you would update and you have! I'm so grateful, I really enjoy this story. It's probably my favorite story on this site. I feel like it could be an actually book, and I know people may say that about a lot of stories but yours is VERY EXTREMELY well written. It's not just some rinky dink story, the characters are portrayed so well and accurate. I truly love this story. And to show this love I've reviewed it (twice I think), spent an entire night reading it and then rereading it, and also check daily for updates. Thank you for telling this story, even though you've had a rough couple months know that this work you've written has brought a smile to the face of at least one person, me.
Believeinmagic17 chapter 12 . 2/22/2014
I absolutely love this story. It's by far my favorite fanfiction. I wish you'd given us more on merida and shar during the chapter but i can't deny I'm hooked on the other love plots as well. I really hope you update soon, i really want to know what happens next!
383 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »