Reviews for The Ties That Bind
61wisampa chapter 12 . 2/22/2014
asdfghjkl

I have so much feels right now. Fluff, heart ache, melancholy, happiness and just gah! YOU NEED TO UPDATE MORE XDDD

Can i just say i was really tempted to search what Primrose means but then you said in your Author;s notes not to so I'm being a good reader and obeying XD and omg Merida finally learns of Shae's deceased fiance. oooooooooooohhhhhh she's jealous XD

will there be wedding bells next chapter? omg Collin, you smooth son of a gun. Now that's the way to make someone fall for you :D I wish Nessa and Collin happiness... and Duncan and Kenna :DDD omg i'm starting to ship them

I'll see you next chapter definitely! :DD
Konartiste chapter 12 . 2/22/2014
Good heavens, 61 pages! I had to sit down and read it all. I enjoyed it, but I have only one complaint... Why so little Merida/Shae in this chapter! The OC's are very nice, but I'm more interested in the main characters. :P So, can I assume you will make up for it next chapter?
Sarah chapter 11 . 2/15/2014
This story is amazing! I had to force myself to stop reading last night because it was already 2 am haha. And I saw that you're working as a freelance illustrator and that is so cool ahh (I'm a second year illustration major). I honestly don't have much to say because I suck at reviews but I just wanted to et you know how much I love your story and I hope you keep it up (but also take your time, no need to push yourself especially if you are an illustrator, I know those deadlines can be horrible!)
GirlCat817 chapter 11 . 2/12/2014
I found your story yesterday, and spent the afternoon on the couch reading instead of much needed housework. It is excellent, and I hope you continue to write it because I really want to be inconsiderate and yell: GIVE ME MORE NOW! However, I understand that is a no-no.

I like the care you've taken with the story to do your research, continue what was an awesome story, and make it your own. Any changes you've needed to make, you have defended with just cause.

I really love that you worked the spelling and grammar. As someone who reads a lot, nothing can ruin a story or article for me quicker than the misplaced comma, incorrect usage of a word, or misspelling something simple.

I wish you well tidings and good days.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/11/2014
Sorry to hear last year wasn't the best ever. So grateful you came back to this story. Praying for you, please update soon :)
K9glacier chapter 11 . 2/4/2014
So can is it safe to pray and check for another update in less than 3 months?i know it's tough and all but your story is just too darn good! _ it's painful to not be able to continue! I've had a link to this story in my laptop since chapter 8 was updated.
StarArrow chapter 11 . 2/2/2014
I'm glad you are back and hope life continues to get better for you! Love this story and can't wait to read more. I saw your art on deviantart where Merida sings to Shae. It looks so sweet and I can't wait to see it play out.
Shizuka23 chapter 11 . 1/28/2014
To say that I wasn't pleasantly surprised to see this update in my in box is a total understatement. At first I couldn't believe what I was reading, an update from Gam3rG1rl13 !? No way! I was totally elated! Your update couldn't have come at a better time! I was having a horrible day, week in general and your update just made me so happy! It really helped me through my week and still is. I get so much enjoyment from reading your story, you have no idea. The past couple of days I've been reading and rereading this wonderful story. It blows my mind how awesome the plot is and how you write the characters. This chapter was an amazing read. I love everything about it! I love how you wrote the Macintosh back story. I love how you make the relationships between Duncan and Kenna and also Colin and Nessa grow, even though they aren't the main pairing in the story. I've fallen in love with all of the pairings and I can't wait to read what you have in store for the lovely couples. I also am excited for Merida and Shea's relationship too! They have grown so much closer in this chapter! ! I can't wait for Shea's emotional development too! I know that real life has torn you away from writing, life happens to everyone and I don't hold you against it. I actually feel guilty for not checking up on you more often. I thought you were too busy and that my message would be seen as a nuisance. I'm glad that you are back and feeling better. I welcome you back with open arms! I eagerly look forward to your next update!
Skeleton Writer chapter 11 . 1/28/2014
I'm so glad to see another chapter added to this story!
Rays of Color chapter 11 . 1/25/2014
I'm so glad to see another update! I hope you continue to work on it when you find the time. I like the slow but steady character development that you've created here. I can't wait to see more, and I hope this year is kinder to you!
WerewolfHokage chapter 11 . 1/25/2014
Awesome a new chapter!

Read your end author's note- sorry that 2013 was such a bad year for you. Glad to hear that things are on the upswing for you!

Best wishes!

WerewolfHokage
Sage chapter 11 . 1/23/2014
Wow! You updated! Thank you so much for adding to this story. I'm so happy that you've come back to it. I also hope your 2014 is a wonderful year for you. Please update again soon. :)
Shahrezad1 chapter 11 . 1/23/2014
Ooooooooh, this was such a glorious surprise to find in my inbox! (And forgive the delayed review-I had to go back and reread the last chapter so that I could get up to speed. Not that I minded reading about them waking up next to one another and Colin flirting with Nessa. XD)

But on that note, yay! It's so good to hear from you! Your writing is always brilliant and it was just lovely to delve back into the "Brave" world with you. 3 Makes me wanna write more (and then I remember how difficult it is writing things in Doric. _; Maybe not...). The funeral scene was really heart-rending, especially with the knowledge that they are really alive. And let me just say that I am SO incredibly glad that Elinor put a stop to burning Merida's bow. My heart about stopped for half a second, until I read the next line regarding the Queen's denial. *breathes out heavily* Yep. O_O

I'm glad that Merida gets to take a "breather" so to speak while caring for Shae. Which isn't to say that I'm glad that he got shot or poisoned but...every time they are in each others' company they immediately spout off with sarcasm and barbs, so it's good that she has these moments to reflect on the events that they've dealt with together, even if it also involve her worry for him. Plus there's the opportunity for her to see their interactions from the point of view of outside observers. And possibly the chance for a small kernel of thought to be planted in her brain ("do I like Shae?" "does he watch me?" "would he make a good father?" "what's this hurt they were talking about?" "is it true that he doesn't actually hate me?"). Things that I definitely approve of, in a "Beatrice and Benedict,"-like fashion. :)

Colin's courting of Nessa is going swimmingly and never fails to amuse and delight me. :D I swear, those two are probably the most wonderful romantic duo that I've read about in a long while. And on that note, I'm glad that Duncan is making some decisions and changes in his life. He's starting to acknowledge that he is actually "crushing" on Kenna and that there is a possibility of life outside of marrying the Dunbroch heir.

Lorne's story was fantastic, by the way, and I'm all for throwing canon out the window. ;-) Definitely worth it for that fantastic bit of back story.

Basic summary: I loved it (ESPECIALLY THE SCENES WHERE MERIDA TAKES CARE OF SHAE AND WHERE COLIN GETS NESSA TO BASICALLY AGREE TO MARRYING HIM!), and it was great hearing from you.

On a more personal note: I am SO sorry about 2013 for you. D: It seems like you were handed a bad hand, and that '13 really was an unlucky one. :S But in an "onward and upward" kind of way...I'm really glad that things have improved for you. Really, really glad. And having a job as a freelance illustrator is definitely the best thing of all. 3 Kudos and congrats on things improving. :)
rockster0810 chapter 11 . 1/22/2014
I am literally jumping up in down with happiness that you updated! I love love love this...ALL OF THIS! I'm looKing forward to the next amazing chapter!
spryte112 chapter 11 . 1/21/2014
I am so happy to see an update. Your chapters are so long and detailed and cover so many story lines, I just love it. Hope you are able to find the motivation to write more soon. You had me literally in tears with the song and that whole scene. Great job. Best wishes for 2014!
367 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »