Reviews for The Ties That Bind
Aggressively Hospitable chapter 14 . 6/3/2014
I literally squealed when I saw the update and after I post this review I will go back and read it again and then a third time BECAUSE ITS SO GOOD. SERIOUSLY. I love the flashback scenes and dream sequences and you do your research and you are developing these characters so well and I didn't think Merida was ooc, we all change as we get older and we aren't ourselves when we're sleep deprived. So I thought you handled that exceedingly well. I can't wait for an update and I don't care if you choose to write about breakfast cereal, I'm gonna read it. :D AND THANK YOU SO MUCH for explaining how you imagine the Fae, I love it when authors take a minute and explain things like that and use rich details, it makes the reading experience that much more enjoyable and IT MEANS MORE. You're a rock star writer and I eagerly look forward to the next installment and I will stalk your dA for sneak peeks because those give me strength and life. Lol. Thank you for writing this amazing story.
BookishDruid chapter 14 . 6/3/2014
Yeah! Update! I haven't written a review before, mostly because I didn't realize how wonderful it was to receive them until I started a story as well. I'm sure you get plenty of reviews, but I now feel compelled to tell you that I love this story. When I started writing mine I kept yours in mind because of all the brilliant research you have put into it. I look forward to the next update :)
Chloe chapter 13 . 5/20/2014
I seriously love this story! Update more chapters soon please :D
Shahrezad1 chapter 13 . 5/16/2014
Okay. So I've been a little busy lately and I haven't had the chance to read this update yet, but...here goes.

WOW. That was a LOT of information, but it cleared up oodles of issues Shae has been dealing with. Especially regarding Shannon and the invasion which occurred.

Speaking of, I really do like Shannon, what little we saw of her. She seems very no-nonsense, and her sudden irritation and disappointment with his Merida-based blame definitely did the trick of proverbially slapping him in the face. Hopefully the "memory" of their interaction will stick around.

And on that note, excellent work portraying the condition he is in. :D I love how thorough you always are when it comes to the details, and making sure that things are correct.

I like how the format went in-and-out from what's currently going on to his nightmares and conversations. Despite the amount of back-story we were given, it flowed really well. :) The scenes with Merida were great in that her first concern was Shae's well being, and now we know where he is regarding his health status. :S

All in all, brilliant, descriptive work. I didn't feel like the gruesome scenes were too gruesome, but rather that they were used to express the ferocity of the invaders (although the decaptitation victim did startle me for a moment. Still, I think that scene proves a point in foreshadowing what we could expect once the fortifications fell). In a way we almost get a preview of what we can expect they'll be dealing with in the future.

Good job. :)
Kingswriter chapter 13 . 5/14/2014
Awesome job on these chapters.
XxShyxX chapter 13 . 5/13/2014
I hope you update it soon
spryte112 chapter 13 . 5/11/2014
I think this chapter is done a great job at helping to show what Shae is going through. PSTD is a very real thing and people deal with it in so many ways. I think you did a great job at capturing his pain, loss, and helplessness. I look forward to the next chapters. Hope you poat again soon.
You updated chapter 13 . 5/11/2014
You updated! Yay! Thankyou! I was on the edge of my seat. You completely captured the perfect tone for shae's flashbacks. I was devistated! Can't wait to read more!
rockster0810 chapter 13 . 5/11/2014
My heart is utterly broken for Shae. I couldn't imagine seeing what he had to see or losing the woman he loves. Its totally understandable that he'd blame himself and/or someone for it. I wanted to cry when she disappeared.
I love the depth you've give your tale. I feel as if I'm there and watching everything play out. I'm so excited for the next chapter! Awesome work!
Sarah chapter 13 . 5/11/2014
I literally screamed when I saw you updated. You just made getting through finals 800x's easier :D
Mariale-26 chapter 13 . 5/11/2014
Great chapter! I loved to see a bit of the relationship between Shae and Sharon and the conversation between the two of them was aso really interesting. Loved the Merida/Shae bits and I really can't wait for the next chapter!
Aggressively Hospitable chapter 13 . 5/11/2014
I can't tell you how big my eyes got and how hard my heart raced when I saw this update. I read it with baited breath and I really really appreciate your research on PTSD and Projection, it was completely accurate and it explained is behavior and lines of thinking perfectly. This is flawless and I can't wait to read the next installment. This is still my favorite Brave fanfic.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/1/2014
All I can say is Merida and McGuffin had better get together in this
Waterlilly101 chapter 3 . 4/23/2014
So when are you going to update
Guest chapter 3 . 4/8/2014
Please post the next chapters! Im so into your story!
399 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »