Reviews for The Ties That Bind
Darkmaster of the arts chapter 4 . 12/19/2012
Wow. Absolutely loved the chap. Beautifully written, as always, captivating, and always leaving us confused about why he could possibly blame our beloved Mer-Mer on all his misfortunes :-D
Darkmaster of the arts chapter 2 . 12/19/2012
Wow. I'm so intrigued by the characters' new attitudes and mentality. Merida, I see, remains the same,but im curious as yo what could possibly bring on such a hostile attitude from Shae. Very interesting...
rockster0810 chapter 9 . 12/16/2012
I love this! Very well written and believable! I've enjoyed reading it! Please update soon!
Safe runner chapter 6 . 12/11/2012
There is a reason why we Scotts don't wear underthings underneath our kilts. We are not ashamed of our... masculinity.

So unless MacGuffin has something "wee little" to be embaressed about, I don't understand why he feels ashamed.
Aesthetic Morphine chapter 8 . 12/11/2012
I love this story! I didn't think I would but honestly you surprised me. I love how you don't jump straight into the romance like most people. Drag out the hate-hate relationship between Merida and Shae as long as you want, trust me, I'm not complaining!

Although, it'd be interesting to find out why Shae hates Merida SO much. Please update soon! :)
sakuramcgarden chapter 9 . 12/9/2012
You could make some fluff in it and it kind of leads to a leamon at the end but you never finish it. Thats my advice tp you if you dont know what too do
TheAnnoyingFanGirl chapter 9 . 12/2/2012
I really, really love this story. I just love the relationship between Merida and Shae (I always like the name you chose for him) and I cannot wait for it to develop more in future chapters.

Please update soon!
Shahrezad1 chapter 9 . 11/30/2012
I think that this is a suitable Author's note and covers all of your bases. :) Your decision to change things to Rated M for Mature makes sense, and you've taken into account the concerns of your readers and the serious material being covered.

That being said, I still look forward to hearing the rest of their story. As you've mentioned, this wasn't a happy time in Scotland's history (actually, Scotland's history in general hasn't ever been that peaceful now that I think about it) and in portraying that in your story you're being as true to reality as you possibly can be.

DeenaTweety chapter 9 . 11/28/2012
So it's been a while since I've reviewed this story but I want you to know that I love it! It's so well-written and well-thought out. You have really good grammar and spelling. It's just... so good. :) It's kind of rare to find such a good story and I just wanted to let you know that it's one of my favs!

Also, I loved the last chapter where there was a little bit of romantic tension. I can't wait to see more of that! I also am curious to know what Merida will think about Shae's old sweetheart.

ALSO I just adore the thing going on between Colin and Nessa. Ha so cute! It's a nice break from the more serious situation of Merida and Shae being lost.

Well, there is so much about this story that I am loving but I don't have time to list them all! ;) Keep writing! I will be anxiously awaiting the next chapter!
Awesome Sauce chapter 8 . 11/26/2012
I love this story! I'm a sap for romances, and guffen was my favorite. So glad I found it through some friend recommendations. Please continue!
Guest chapter 9 . 11/26/2012
hey im fine with it as long as you put the next chapter up
inu-rulz chapter 8 . 11/25/2012
dammit! they were soo close!
Shahrezad1 chapter 8 . 11/24/2012
-gapes at the shout-out at the end, blushing- I...ah. You're welcome? -scratches bashfully at the back of her head as she smiles in sheepish happiness- Oh, man, you are the most wonderful person ever. Truly, truly.

And you're welcome for the help-I'm glad that things turned out as well as they did! I loved the whole scenario with the Pictish raiders and the fact that first they tried to get away (yay!) and then only defended themselves when under attack. Merida's brutal awakening when it came to battle was wonderfully written and very believable, and creating a great chance for them to bond and talk about what it's like being in battle. And the fact that sometimes you have to make hard choices.

Also, when she told Shae about her brother it fit perfectly with the surrounding events and felt like a natural follow-up conversation after so many emotional scares during the course of the day.

Their trip and fall into each others' arms makes me want to draw it. (Tehehehe. Lets see if I can fit it in between homework assignments. :3 ) And the "you just made things worse" end to their day made me giggle like mad! XD Well, at least while being in the trap they're not on the ground. But the cat-like eyes worry me.

If nothing else the adventures in this story are going to bring the characters together whether they want to be or not! -laughs- I'm glad that things are progressing, and I can see hints of tolerance and perhaps understanding on the horizon. Hopefully that will be followed by a comrades-in-arms-type relationship, then something akin to friendship and later something more. :3 We'll be in the long-haul for it, that's for sure. But half the fun is the journey itself. Even if we know that there's more chaos, mayhem, and of course Vikings and Angles to deal with.

The whole scene with Colin and Nessa was enjoyed in every sense of the word, and I seriously laughed out loud at his declaration for her hand in marriage (provided he can get her to smile 20 times by the week's end) as well as the whole dagger scene. ;D Also, I recently purchased the Brave DVD and found myself, upon seeing the two servant characters, making the realization that that's whom Kenna and Nessa are. XD Now I mentally call them those names every time I watch the film. -laughs-

Harris' determination to head after his sister and Shae is well-meant, but I can't help but worry about what's going to be in store for him. After all, Merida and Shae have already gone through quite a bit. But they're trained! They're adults! I worry for the youth, but I know that at the very least he'll be led to his fate.

"What if Merida did change her fate, but in turn, it changed others fates too?" Harris explained.

I hadn't even thought of that, holy freaking crap!

Or, well, maybe you already hinted at that possibility and I just forgot. XD In which case, I still say that that's a brilliant, creative idea. Kind of a "butterfly effect" of her choices. Honestly, once she learns about the effect of her actions I bet that she'll never want to touch magic again.

For the second time.

You know what I mean. ;

New OC's are fine (they're only annoying when badly written, or created as Mary Sue characters. But you character personalities so well that I'm not at all worried). Rated M makes sense with all the violence, but I would suggest changing some of your story story summary to indicate that that's why you have that rating. (I dislike rated M stories, myself, but mostly because they end up being horrifyingly trashy. D: )

CHEERS! See you on the flipside! :D
Mlle. Phoenix Fox chapter 8 . 11/23/2012
I have to say I am rivited with your story. Violence aside (cause there'd be no way that much violence would make it into a animated Disney film) this does read like a sequel. good job.

flames and kisses
Mlle.P. Fox
EmberHaze chapter 8 . 11/23/2012
AH! I'm so happy you updated :) I love the way you portray all the characters, the have such amazing personalities. Especially Shae and Colin.
I also love how Merida and Shae interact with each other. I hope something more will develop ;) I like them as a couple haha.
Keep up the amazing work! and please don't wait as long to update! it's torture waiting!
378 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 .. Last Next »