Reviews for The Ties That Bind
Foreverabookcritic310020 chapter 6 . 9/12/2012
Even if you doubt that this story will be adequate to your fine readers, I must say its brilliant and has plenty of potential. Personally, I like it and I think it is wise to continue, yes? It would be a shame if you didn't for you are a good author. I will keep track of this story and would be delighted and am anticipating for the next chapter. :)
EmberHaze chapter 6 . 9/12/2012
I love this story so much and I cant wait for you to update it :) i hope its soon, I hate waiting! It feels like forever.
inu-rulz chapter 6 . 9/8/2012
thanks for letting me know about the PM thing. i wasnt aware of that and ill see if i cant fix that, but ill deffinately look for you on deviantart next time i go on. and i think the rating is fine as it is for the moment. i really liked this chapter, and i find it funny that one of the first reasons the parents came up with for their disappearance was that they ran off together. as if Merida would really do that! and i always figured there was more meat on Shae's bones rather than pudge. he looks so fluffy though! i just want to give him a biiiiiig huuuuug! teeheehee!
Shahrezad1 chapter 6 . 9/6/2012
Well, despite your misgivings regarding the chapter, I feel that it was excellent. The flow was a bit choppy, but that was needed for plot to move forward and I think most of your readers understand that.

Shae learning the hard way that they won't be cutting themselves free of their bonds was a difficult experience but needed. They'll have to work together to get out of this thing, and this was definitely the first step toward realizing that.

Also, the fact that they reacted to protect one another against the attack of the wolves was a good (?) situation. They're willing to defend one another, even if they dislike one another. Although Merida may cut back on the sharp retorts now that she's realized that he can literally rip animals in half. ; The scene was a bit bloody, yes, but the wilds of Scotland can be dangerous. So I felt like your inclusion of that scene was appropriate.

I'm glad that the two sets of parents are aware of their missing children, and doubly appreciative that they don't believe that the duo "ran off together." There's too much evidence to the contrary. Still, Shae and Merida might have a shotgun wedding to worry about when they get home... Harris's concern is, well, concerning. I'm glad that he made a point of reassuring Lord MacGuffin, but I'm worried that the child may do something rash.

And for that matter, how will the clans react when they find the dead wolves? O_O
azulruso chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
wow!is amazing :D
Moonlight Calls chapter 6 . 9/5/2012
Really like it, but I'm sad about the scene with the wolves:/(i love wolves lol) but! yeah... can't wait for another one!
With loves
Moonlight Calls
Izzie-short.and.sweet chapter 6 . 9/5/2012
awesome as usual!
DeenaTweety chapter 6 . 9/5/2012
Hooray! I've been waiting for an update to this wonderful story. :) I'm so glad you are continuing it. As always, I loved the chapter! Even if you didn't :) Anyway I can't wait to read more. Keep it up!
Kingswriter chapter 6 . 9/4/2012
Another great chapter. No biggie on the wolf thing, kinda expected in the highlands.
Sushie-chan chapter 6 . 9/4/2012
I liked your chapter. It's kinda slow but, for their heads -Merida & Shae-, isn't it better ? To think a little bit more ?
To show little to the reader to get their attention ?

But, in the end, it was enjoyable!
Astrid Hofferman chapter 6 . 9/4/2012
Ohmygosh! This was so great! And as we say in the Philippines, "Nakakabilib ang intong talento! Napakasipag mo at napakagaling mo magsulat. Ipagpatuloy mo ang inyong kagalingan!"
(or in English: "Your talent is super unbelievable! You're a very good writter! Keep on keeping on!")

P.S: The way you made Merida and Shae argue at first but start to kind of grow together makes me so full of that fluffy feeling inside! _
Shahrezad1 chapter 5 . 8/27/2012
I just wanted to let you know that I am enjoying this fanfic thoroughly!

Your characterization is lovely and consistent, while still taking in the passage of time, the plot is strong and believable, and your writing is really enjoyable.

Additionally, I love the little tidbits and details that you've woven into your tale. The "suitor's" names, for example, were all thoughtfully chosen and are by far the best fit out of the ones that I've seen. The inclusion of real locations, real history, and believable accents make me beam with joy. Also, the introduction of side characters also fits with the flow of the story, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens between Duncan and Kenna (?). And lastly, the choice to make Harris different than his brothers is one that I approve of, rather than keeping him as only "one of three."

Although it was a bit of surprise to have Shae dislike Merida, I'm enjoying the amount of character and relationship development caused by it. Because Merida is the typical redhead, feisty and liable to respond to attack. So his unwarranted hatred toward her is more than incentive for interaction to occur between the two of them.

I know that we've only hit the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the cause for his anger, and that more will be revealed with time, but I'm more than willing to wait to find out what happened. :) It'll create some nice "love-hate" interactions in the meanwhile.

Speaking of, your little hints of romance have been lovely! I liked the scene in the stables, where they first invaded each others' space and he backed her against the wall, the confrontation in front of her brothers, the kiss he won, and recently how they automatically turned to one another in the face of danger. I'm hoping that they may shift in their sleep toward one another, or something similar, but that's just the romantic in me talking. :3

All in all, brilliant work. :D I'll definitely be sticking around to find out what happens!
coldblue chapter 5 . 8/26/2012
Please Update Soon.
Zoa-lii chapter 5 . 8/22/2012
This is a really good fanfic. Not many have this attention to detail you have this story. You're putting a lot of work into it, and it shows.

I've only watched Brave once, but I'm completely obsessed and can't wait for it to come out on DVD so I can watch it over and over again. Reading fanfics is my only way to keep myself sane until then. :)

I hope you update soon, because this is so good!
AtomicInk chapter 5 . 8/20/2012
Whatever's eatin' Shae about Merida is beginning to eat at me too. Dear Gott, what is it!? Thanks a bazillion for writin' this!
341 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 .. Last Next »