Reviews for The Ties That Bind
reppad98 chapter 13 . 1/31
Yay, time for another chapter!
Oooh, looks like I was right, this is going to be the chapter with Shae's backstory. I wonder if only the readers will get to hear it, or if Shae will tell Merida as well. Only one way to find out, let's start reading! Shannon is already feeling that something is off, that makes this all the more painful to read. To see her be tortured and killed in front of him, not strong enough to save her, it's no wonder it hit Shae so hard. Those feverish dreams... Well, at least we now know why Shae blames Merida - obviously, it's stupid, but I can understand his reasoning. If only she had chosen one of those three, it didn't even necessarily have to be Shae, then the other two would have married some other clan's daughter... But who knows how that would have worked out, it might have perhaps been worse. It's the reasoning of someone who's hurting and can't see the whole picture, but I can understand, not agree, but understand it. Just like Shae explained it to Shannon's ghost - painful for her to hear, obviously. And they kissed! But the moment is pretty much instantly ruined...
Thank you for updating, I'll read the next chapter soon, and keep writing! ! !
reppad98 chapter 12 . 1/30
So, time for another chapter!
Oh wow, Colin sure went straight into it, eh? That request totally surprised me (and everyone else, obviously) but it was awesome, time to break some more traditions XD And ouch, there's some trouble in the relationship between the MacIntoshes... Iaighe! She can tell Harris (and the other two, too, if they're there on time) that Merida and Shae are still alive! And if I'd just continued reading instead of writing that down, I would have known I was right, yay :D At least now the triplets know. Oooh, and some development between Kenna and Duncan as well! And wow, such a heavy backstory for Nessa... Sisters! That's something I didn't see coming, either. But that's a nice twist, actually. Shae's awake! And Shannon... that was his sweetheart back home, who was killed by the Vikings... Oh, I think there will be some emotional talk next chapter (or not, if Shae manages to avoid or deflects Merida's questions). Still, I hope there will be more Shae and Merida stuff, now that he's woken up, because this chapter was a lot of the side-characters.
Anyway, thank you for updating, I'll read the next chapter soon, and keep writing! ! !
reppad98 chapter 11 . 1/30
Oh, wow, it's been years - literal years - since I've read this story and now I finally have time to catch up on it again. And man, do I have a lot of catching up to do. I reread the first ten chapters to get everything good back in my head (I remembered surprisingly quite a lot, still, so I guess your story really made an impact :D), so time to get onto the new stuff!
Merida indeed does worry like a scared mate haha, I can't fault the Fae for thinking that. Plus, wishful thinking XD And God, to think your own child died and mourn them when they aren't in fact dead - oh, I hope so that they find out soon, but I doubt it. And Shae has to be alright, he just has to be... But how fast he's going to get better, that'll be the question. And since you said they still have a lot to go through...
I liked the talk between Duncan and his father, it really adds some interesting backstory. At least it looks like none of the young ones will face (much) problems from their parents when they want to marry someone. And I suppose that people, in this time and place, don't wait long with marrying someone. At least, it sure seems so from how everyone talks about it haha. Gods, Harris's hopefulness must be really painful for everyone, and yet there's no way he can prove that's he right... Haha, I really liked the conversation between Keira and Merida about Shae. Heh, that was funny, Merida being embarrassed.
Anyway, thank you very much for continuing to update, I'll read the next chapter soon, and keep writing! ! !
Yes merida does somehow end up back in the original dress.
Colleen chapter 18 . 12/27/2015
I'm so proud of you, this newest post is wonderful. It is often hard to write when life changes so quickly, so I'm proud of you for returning to something like this. I'm deeply saddened to hear about your loss. But I'm sure she is with you everyday, in every beautiful act of nature you see around you. Don't lose heart, because you have an angel looking out for you. I respect you, and your work, so I will be patient and admire all posts you make. Whether they be in two months or two years. I will still be here to read and review. Don't lose faith in your audience, because we are rooting for you.
K9Glacier chapter 18 . 12/26/2015
You poor dear! Bless your heart :( my deepest condolences,truly. While it is truly amazing to hear from you again,and lord knows I've been checking for story updates every three weeks or so, it is perfectly understandable that life has been,well,life. As an artist since joining the military I can't tell you how many projects I have lying around half undone. It's the wonderful world of adulthood I fear. I don't think I ever got to thankyou for your kind words,but I will do so now,even if you aren't going to reply anymore,we still support you! In any case the story is moving along wonderfully and I can't wait for some gratification on the shae Merida end. Girlish squeals all around! Be safe!
Aggressively Hospitable chapter 18 . 12/23/2015
It's so good to hear from you.
Firstly, I am so sorry for your loss, that must be hard on you, I will be praying for you dearest.
Secondly, I can't wait to read the chapter, you left enough to wet my appetite! Take your time, feel free to use me as a soundboard.
bella.pg18 chapter 18 . 12/22/2015
I really hope you are better now, i truly love this story its grate, everything in it, thank you for letting un have a sneak peak of next chapter and take all the time that you want, it would be boring if you give us everything at once right? :P
i hope you have a verry nice Christmas and a great new year! your loyal and devoted reader 18 or just Isabella (:
God bless you and now that we are always be here :3.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/21/2015
A new chapter would be a great Christmas present!
Guest chapter 17 . 12/20/2015
Contin
Guest chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
It has almost been a year since your last update and I'm losing hope! Please update soon!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/14/2015
Life can get in the way but PLEASE update soon
Dwarrior chapter 17 . 10/30/2015
Im loving this story and cannot wait to see what the next installment brings. I kept thinking there's not enough chapters left for all that still has to happen. But I read a chapter and realize how long some of them are. Keep up the AMAZING work. Im adding you to my favs...
Kp15puppys chapter 17 . 10/25/2015
I LOVED THIS STORY UPDATE PLZ
Kp15puppys chapter 15 . 10/25/2015
Awwwww miranda and Shae are so heart warming.
377 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »