Reviews for Slow Burn
CrlkSeasons chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Good for you! It takes courage to stretch yourself as a writer.
I liked your use of fire - so many images to play with, sparks, warmth, slow burn, heat and flames, even the cold when heat is absent.
I think that everyone can sympathize with B'Elanna's frustration. "If she has to be saddled with these ... instincts, it would be helpful if they came with subtitles." I liked that very much.
As a Post Script:- I thought that your line, "She wonders briefly why the Vidiians didn't take those eyes." made a chilling connection to Morgan Stuart's story, Survivor's Epitaph.
QuasiOuster chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Well, you nailed it both in tone and in context. You really do B'Elanna's POV justice capturing all the complicated, wonderful (and difficult) sides to her. And you do it in a way that also gives a subtle insight into Tom as well. Each scene was so straightforward but you were able to infuse a great deal of complexity into each installment.

I hope it was an enjoyable challenge for you because the product is lovely. But it does remind me of how grossly and inexcusably behind I am on your other stories!
TheNaggingCube chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
*cough, fans self*

I think more practice is in order, yes definitely practice more and post it here for us to decide if you have perfected this writing stuffy.
antra chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Well, romance and B'Elanna is not something I think of much together, even as somebody who reads Paris/Torres ships.
I enjoyed the POV and the story, even if it was wildly different from your normal style.
angelscatie chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Great one shot. You really captured B'Lanna's point of view. Keep up the good work.
MeredithBrody chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
This is wonderful. Really wonderful, and I'm so glad you played at this. I love the little looks you give into B'Elanna's thoughts on how their relationship developed.

There's something about Tom once you start writing him isn't there? He's very hard to displace again!

Love it honey, as I do almost everything you write anyway :D
21 | « Prev Page 1 2