Reviews for The Prisoner
ShoujoAi King chapter 3 . 8/30/2020
This is incredible I've only read three chapters and I'm already adding this my favorite list. I love reading girl x girl disney fanctions that are continuations of the movies and this is just beautiful. The detail in Rose's and Maleficent's characters are really good and makes me think if Rose actually was angry/stressed out that her life was controlled by others then herself. Welp let me get back to this goodness.
larke8 chapter 1 . 8/9/2020
I can't put into words how incredible this story is. With 4 chapters left, I'm making myself slow down so I can savor what's left (and putting off having to grieve finishing it lol). Thank you thank you for writing this, you are so talented. Looking forward to following and reading all of you other works! :)
corruptedking chapter 35 . 4/25/2020
Have had reading this on hold for a while and only just got around to reading it, absolutely amazing, I loved it, however this last chapter punched me right in the feels especially when I got to fauna's reminiscing while listening to Piano Man by Billy Joel, my eyes watered up. I oftentimes have trouble caring about much, but it's things like this that got me reading in the fist place.
nolongerhere53 chapter 1 . 12/24/2019
I know that there's very little chance that this will end up being read, so I'll try not to get too sappy. All that I want to say is that your writing style is honestly phenomenal and this story is what got me into fanfiction. You are an amazing author. I don't want to pressure you, but I can't wait until the next time you post. :) I hope you have a great day/evening/dead middle of the night/ungodly hour.
TheSunHealsMe-TheMoonFeelsMe chapter 24 . 11/25/2019
Oh my god... you’re such a gifted author, and you truly have a gift with words! I love this story so much!
xXhiddenbeautyXP chapter 35 . 11/9/2019
I found this story from your Ao3 posting of it. I've read through it and I've thoroughly enjoyed it. That scene with Maleficent and Rose the night before the execution made me tear up. The transformation of every character was so nice. Zenovia, Kinsale, Fauna, Sara, Briar, Maleficent, Merryweather, Leah, Stefan and maybe Joy and Titania, were so different from the beginning that it does feel like 2 years in this story. The one thing that's been bugging me is the story of Acacia because Malificent says it was her sister the book was written about and then back at the end of this story, we hear her being Mistress Cordelia's daughter. (I did read this in a sitting of 2 days).

Did you really have to kill Flora author? Man, that one hurt. Malificent has been hurtful and at one point I rooted harder for Kinsale and Zenovia tbh because I didn't see the point of Malificent chaining Queen Leah lest she wanted to push Malificent away again. I'm glad the baby dragon worked as well. I'm not sure what's cooking in your brain for a sequel but I'm sure that's going to be a wild ride too.

All the best, author! Please don't see my questions as nitpicking because it truly wasn't.
Charadrius chapter 35 . 10/26/2019
Oof. Wow. I just... wow. I'm just floored.
Excellent work. Beautifully written, richly engaging, and crammed full of feels.
Congratulations!
Unexamined Life chapter 35 . 10/10/2019
Very good story. Your creation and incorporation of OC’s was outstanding. At a certain point, I cared more about the fate of one of these OC’s more than I cared about the fate of Maleficent or Rose. This really attests to the quality of the writing and the dedication you put into this story. I only have one real criticism, and you can pm me if you’d like to discuss it. I really don’t want to put spoilers in this review. For those of you looking at the reviews and wondering if you should read this story, I’d tell you to give it a shot. If you’re looking for good writing, well written characters, or angsty drama, this is your kind of story.
Mini logic chapter 35 . 8/24/2019
My oh my, I cannot stop smiling, grining some might say. I read this story some time ago assuming at the time it was finished. I recently decided to re-read it -as it's just so good - and it obviously wasnt. I loved it the first time now with this beautifully written uplifting ending that just makes me warm and fuzzy and so so happy i love it even more, which I never thought possible. You are an amazing writer and storyteller. This is up there with my all time favourite reads. This last chapter... Amazing, thank you xx
revilo chapter 35 . 8/24/2019
This is my second time reading this story and its beauty is just as overwhelming as at the first. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for the time and love you poured into this. I wish I could convey properly the absolute spectrum of emotion I derived from your words. It might be easier, and perhaps more fitting, to simply place a piece of my heart in your hands.

Rose’s growth was an absolute wonder to behold. Since I had read it before, when I began again I found myself wondering how on EARTH the Rose I remembered from the end would ever be born of the Rose in chapter 1. That she fledged so believably is a testament to your writing.

Kinsale, mistress of charm, stole my heart from the very beginning. Her every part in the story only cheered me of its theft.

Fauna was especially dear to me. I found hers a rare type of bravery, to persevere in the face of such despairing self doubt. Perhaps a bravery universal for these characters, but deserving of unique appreciation.

Queen Leah I loved sweetly. The maternal devotion that underlaid her every action made her conflict with others and with herself that much grayer.

Which brings me to my last bit! This story is epic in so many ways (the world building! the characters! the plot!), but I loved especially the pervading discussion of good and evil and the ravine or hairline crack between the two, depending on how you squint. I was filled with a great deal of freedom by this. And it is only after I wrote that sentence that I realized it!

Capricornqueer chapter 35 . 5/16/2019
Its been 7 years since this was published... that's fucking crazy, but this story was amazing and so captivating. I love this story, beautifully written
LilyOfShalott chapter 35 . 3/17/2019
So I read this a few days ago - literally pulled an all nighter instead of doing my uni assignments - and it's taken me a bit to get my brain together enough to write a coherent review. Because honestly, this story is one of the best, most well thought out, heartbreaking and beautiful stories I've ever read. I was in awe the whole time. I adore your Maleficent, she was so ethereal and regal - as she should be. It was incredible to see the development of Aurora.

All of the original characters were excellent, and the world you built! My word, the politics, the relationships, the systems that were in place, it was all so engrossing, I simply couldn't stop reading. Probably why I stayed awake all night, haha!

The slow-burn was just heavenly, as well. I was so damn happy when they finally got together. This is the first story of this pairing I've read, and I think I might need to do some more reading of them. For science. Yes. Science. Haha.

Thank you for writing this masterpiece. It's beautiful. Truly, truly beautiful.

-Lily xox
ShadowDianne chapter 35 . 3/11/2019
I began to read this fic over two days ago; being recommended by a friend of mine on a discord sever. As you can see I devoured it xD The pairing is not one I usually seek but this friend, who knows my love for worldbuilding, simply stated to me that I’d fall in love with it. And she was right.
I know the fic is old, not one of the oldest I’ve read obviously but its final date is over two years ago. Still, as a fellow writer I felt like it was a disservice not to write a review after being completely entranced by it. So here I am Xd
As I said before… I loved it. I loved your writing voice, the care you put into every detail. For what I read in the author’s notes you’ve already edited it a few times but I’m sure the first version of it was just as breathtaking. Each new character felt interwoven within the narrative; the richness in the back of every plot thread felt alive and the inner musings of every character were… like seeing a very well-thought machinery; a beautiful one.
Rose’s character was, maybe, who surprised me more: I loved her personal journey, her own need for freedom and how that played out. How she was still flawed and imperfect and how that made her human, real. Maleficent’s own views were also amazing; you created that eerie sensation within the wicked fairies; of them being human but not at the same time and with every new character, every new connection, the world opened up in just the most fantastic ways. The good fairies, the call to morally gray characters, the human realms… (I also fangirled a little when Titania was mentioned; the nod to that was just fantastic) and, also, the magic.
You created a magic system that felt not only real within the canonical story we have been presented but one that felt organic within the world. I was entranced with every battle and every lesson and ugh; I’d have read more pages about that without missing a beat! I know I have already said this word more than once already, but it was simply fantastic.
I liked the ending, the softness of it; the feeling that there’s more to come to these characters and it’s up to us to imagine that; it’s one the best pieces of fiction I’ve read in a very long time and god Xd It was quite the page-turner
The chains, Mal’s suffering… There’s just too many things to count and I’ll probably do a second reading in a few weeks only to do a proper chapter by chapter appreciation of it all but, yes, thank you so much for deciding to write this. It was, and is, a masterpiece.
N chapter 1 . 2/24/2019
Wow! This is really interesting! I like understanding where Rose's headspace is at, and the dynamic between Rose and Maleficent looks like it will be most interesting part of this story! I am excited to read more
UWU chapter 1 . 1/27/2019