Reviews for Just another grand misadventure
Anonymous chapter 7 . 6/28/2013
:P I don't mean to be rude or anything, but you wrote, " I wonder what we'll pass for in 2012!" in this chapter. It's supposed to be 2016, right? xD
SiriuslyAddictedtoReading chapter 17 . 9/16/2012
Nearly cried while reading this. So sad :( Yet so good.
classicmovielover chapter 19 . 9/13/2012
Congrats on finishing your story! I liked that they named their son after Ismay. I have a very different opinion of him after reading the excellent: "The Sinking of J Bruce Ismay". I don't want to own a dead person! He'll be a zombie officer! Haha. I choose all the zombie officers! Both your stories were quite interesting.
classicmovielover chapter 18 . 9/11/2012
Aww she named her daughter after Thomas's daughter! That's so sweet. Just FYI, you say, "Her little mouth curves into a smile and she makes a little noise up at me, I'll take that as her way of saying she likes me." But "babies generally do not smile until they are between six to eight weeks old." (Source: www. babycentre. co. uk/ baby /development/ babysmileexpert)
The Guest chapter 18 . 9/10/2012
Hi! Great chapter! Loved it! AWWWWW! Gabby named her baby after Elba! I wonder how they'll cope as parents!? Yeah, I've already seen that video and it's hilarious!
classicmovielover chapter 17 . 9/10/2012
A board game? Wow. Aww that chapter was sad. "! I remember though, the delinquent telling me that she would wear my engagement ring for the rest of her life. Perhaps her giving me this ring was so I'd remember her, and the vows she made to love me." Why would Gabby be wearing Thomas's engagement ring? Did I miss something? *Is slightly confused*
CatalynMJ88 chapter 15 . 9/8/2012
Wait, you’re getting married tomorrow? Whaaat? :-D

If I were there with you guys at the bridal shop, I’d be tempted to give Thomas a great big hug when he tears up over your perfect dress. I mean really, the guy practically considers you like a daughter now- of course he’s gonna get teary-eyed, even if it surprises him that he does. ;-) I went “aww” aloud, for real, when he thinks to himself of one other person who could walk you down the aisle…

I love Jack bribing you to forgive him with M&M’s. You crazy kids, you! :-D Not to mention, Legos are almost as good a gift for Thomas as the Titanic model.

It’s an interesting, almost deadpan humor, both your siblings reporting to you very no-nonsense that “Mom’s mad at you.” And I like your dad’s distraction-by-brownies tactics, not to mention “He isn’t a redneck. I like him.” :-D

As for your closing A/N: The movies are The Little Mermaid and Lilo & Stitch. (Nice choices, by the way.) I’ll have to look up that dress later but off the bat, I will say that I love A-line dresses, so yay for you having good taste! :-) I’ll take a reviewer t-shirt in purple please. :-D And… no comment on you nabbing your mom’s laptop… *bewildered shrug*
CatalynMJ88 chapter 14 . 9/8/2012
I sense the misadventure nearing its close, now that the voyage is over (then again I could be wrong… But it’s been such a fun ride! :-)

Interesting reversal of back in England when Thomas was the one throwing up and you were the one taking care of him.

“As long as nobody asks for my undergarments I believe we will have a fine time with this press conference!” ah, yes, we can only hope so Tommie… XD

Jack’s final thoughts are so sweet! Even if they were hard for him to tell the press, and understandably so. Thomas’s reflections, especially on being willing to go down with the ship again and again, are very impactful. I do believe you’re honing your skills on the ‘serious stuff.’ :-) Nice touch, moving on to lighter questions and to speeding up the narrative pace after that moment, so it doesn’t get too heavy.

Of COURSE you get a bunch of electronics when you search for Jack Phillips! :-D I’m guessing you really tried that, right? NICE comedic moment there. :-) I’m a little astounded that pictures of Thomas are going for only 7 bucks, though- he’s right, that is cheap!

“I suppose I have a new family.” Awww! Love it! I hope you cover Christmas… Christmas and New Year’s are such great “fluff” holidays- I used that time of year rather strategically at the end of In the Same Boat. ;-)

Your A/N was a good balance of a lot of stuff you wanted to tell us, giving us the option of how much we actually delve into. And this will not surprise you, but I’m highly amused by your friend calling movie-Thomas, aka the lovely and talented Victor Garber, “sexy for his age.” Hm, yes- in that movie, Garber is QUITE good-looking for 48! Not that the real Thomas Andrews was a slouch, either. ;-)
classicmovielover chapter 16 . 9/6/2012
T for Titanic? Seriously? What's next, L for Lusitania? (That was a rhetorical question.) I would not go on a Titanic water ride. I would feel like I was not honoring the memory of the victims. I doubt an amusement park would make a ride based on a disaster. (If they do, shame on them!) What on Earth is the "blow up Titanic slide"? The Titanic never exploded. Nice chapter.
classicmovielover chapter 15 . 9/2/2012
One poster is "The Little Mermaid". Not sure what the blue monster is. I'd say "Mosters, Inc." but I don't remember surfing in that movie. Oh well. "Mosters, Inc." it is! Interesting chapter. Why is she deciding she has to get married so suddenly? Crazy girl.
Guest chapter 15 . 9/1/2012
Hi! OOOOOOH! I know! The first poster I do know is "The little mermaid" and I think the second one is "Cookie Monster"? Please tell me what the answers are in the next chapter please! Thanks. Yeah, that sound like something my mum would do. And my dad. They take my laptop constantly for not doing my jobs because I'm on my laptop and also because I'm on the internet too much (well duh! I'm reading your fantastic story!) I'm VERY pleased you used one of my ideas in your story! (You know, the candy idea) and this chapter was AWESOME! What do you mean "this would have to be rated M if you told the story through Jack's POV" on his wedding day? I don't get it! Hee hee hee) Thanks for updating yet another stupendous story and I LOVE the wedding dress! Can't wait to read your next chapter! :D Bye!
classicmovielover chapter 14 . 8/31/2012
So what did Thomas have to say? I will definitely watch the video. Thank you for using my Empire State Building idea. Great chapter. Poor Gabby is sick. Aww. :-(
The Guest chapter 14 . 8/31/2012
Dear Horses of Shadows and Night,
I'm speechless! Wow! This chapter was one of my favorites! I can't believe that Gabby got a hangover! Hee hee hee! I just watched your video and my gosh! It's hilarious and makes me want to read your book! I think I'll buy it on Ebay! Ha! You can buy everything on Ebay! Some ides could be...Gabby gets pregnant! Ha ha ha ha! Just joking! I'm being very immature at the moment! Maybe Gabby falls sick with a terrible disease and she has to go to hospital or something or...when and if Gabby recovers and they go sightseeing but they get separated and some crazy things happen or...I know! Thomas and Jack go to this giant department store of...Candy! You know, like those famous, huge departments stores filled with only lots of candy and Jack and Thomas are sooooo overwhelmed by all the candy that they pig out and eat an eat and eat and I guess you could take it from there. Maybe one more thing, what if while Gabby is sick in bed (If Gabby's parents live in America) they visit her, Jack and Thomas and they have to deal with the wrath of...Da da daaaaaaaa! Her mother!...and maybe her father. Anyway, If you don't like me ideas than you don't have to use them and you're smart so I'm sure you'd think of something utterly intriguing and hilarious! OK, thanks for taking your time to read this looooong comment, Miss! You can count on me! Yaaaaaaaay! Ok, Bye y'all!
From,
The Guest.
classicmovielover chapter 13 . 8/30/2012
It also was the Katrina anniversary as well. And now Isaac is there. Poor New Orleans. :-(
Now this remote control Titanic should no doubt avoid icebergs but if one crosses her path, what should we do? Lol. Great chapter. (Btw I'm from PA so I was affected by Irene too. Amazingly we never lost our power! Not sure how that happened especially since a giant oak fell across the street inches from a power line. Talk about luck! I still can't believe it even now!) Oh, Gabby should take Jack and Thomas to the Empire State Building. I think they would enjoy it. I know I do.
CatalynMJ88 chapter 13 . 8/29/2012
“the deranged lunatics who keep badgering me for autographs and photos and my underwear” XD PERFECT!

I like how Thomas and Madeleine became friends and confidantes of a sort, but don’t end up romantically involved. Good call- consistent with Thomas’s character. I do hope they mail (and e-mail?) each other a lot in the future. :-)

“I remember when I used to think about boat davits, and what I was going to have for dinner!” this made me giggle. I don’t know why; I’m weird. I just love Tommie’s innocence! And patrolling the two of you sleeping in the same bed! :-D