Reviews for Fear
Guest chapter 2 . 7/2/2012
Toujours parfait, les personnages sont bien décrits, on imagine vraiment bien la scène. Très bon travail. Bravo !
gosgirl chapter 2 . 7/2/2012
Another powerful chapter, and you're driving us nuts with wanting to know what's happened to our Gibbs-y.

You made us really empathise with Abby from the beginning and seeing her begin to unravel as she got near the house but desperately trying to hold it together. Even though I knew what Tony was going to say, I still felt for Abby with the seconds of silence and his soft 'Abby' and this was just heartbreaking. "Where is he, Tony?" she whispered, her voice trembling.

Loved the way Ducky was there and she instinctively turned to him, and the way Jimmy drove her to the house. She brings out such a protective element in her friends and you conveyed that really well, but without letting her come across as weak. So touching the way Jimmy was there for her, keeping close by at the house, offering support in his gentle way, but you still got across the nervy side of his character well in the car.

Again, you have such a deft touch with all the team's voices, and I am particularly enjoying how you're writing Tony. You're giving us glimpses of the strong team lead he is when not in Gibbs' shadow and the caring friend. Interesting conversation between Tony and Abby... hinting that Abby is hiding something, which is intriguing.

Again, lots stood out but these were particularly effective I thought...

It was a simple thing, but if she never got to experience that again, how would she cope? He was one of very few men that Abby had always felt she could truly be herself with... This time, he needed her and she didn't know how to help him... the deep red smears in front of her were a harsh reminder of everything she might have lost. *sums up how central he is to her life beautifully and how lost she is without him in it*

and this just made me sniffle... If he was really gone, then Abby had no doubt her soul would go with him.
ncislove chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
GIIIIIIBBS!

So I'm going with a hunch that there will be a happy ending. Please? I hope? Yes?

MOAR SOON!
WithTheGrain chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
This beginning is fantastic. You had me sitting on the edge of my seat as I read! This entire chapter is very gripping and filled with strong emotion! The fact that it’s actually already been 24 hours is disheartening and this… "He'll be cold," Abby murmured crossing her arms across her stomach and rubbing her hands up and down them as if the action could somehow send warmth to him. (I love how your chose to describe this concern of hers.)

The note Abby received is chilling! They want her, not him! OMG! Love how even though she is shaken, she still has the presence of mind to put the note into an evidence bag. This… believing if she just kept trying he would eventually pick up. (I can feel her anguish!)

Love how you describe the scene when they got the Gibbs’ house. It is exactly everything the team would notice and really gave a clear picture in my head. I can feel the emotion in this statement… He'd been to that many crime scenes now that there were few things that could shock him anymore. But this was Gibbs' house… (makes a very surreal moment.)

Love your descriptions of each team member as they tried to come to terms with what had really happened as they looked at the blood and realized this wasn’t a prank. Wonderful writing in having Tony check the ashes of the fire! The last paragraph of how heart-wrenching it was going to be for Tony to make that phone call to Abby is excellent! I really can’t wait for the next chapter! Please hurry!
Hime1993 chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Great first chapter! Update soon.
HKS
Guest chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Great start please keep going looking forward to reading the rest!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Exciting read with my morning coffee! Looking forward to more. Thanks for writing :)

-DreamCatcher
SaradocCraver101 chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Great job and what happen to Gibbs.
Sophies-Welt chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Awesome beginning! Can't wait to read more! And finally someone abducted Gibbs not always Abby!
titousphinx chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Excellent début, vivement la suite.
bbfan chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Great start! Are you going to bring Vance into it?
Just wonderin'. I'm totally on the edge of my seat
with this one. Poor Abby!
boulli chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Love it,please update soon ;)
gosgirl chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
You know how much I love this story. A terrific opening chapter. Right from the opening scene where we slowly realise it's not Gibbs with her but Tony, and then you ratchet up the tension nicely when you reveal what's happened.

You also convey Abby's fear really well, and the strain she's under, especially when she runs out of things to do and is left with her own thoughts.

And I really like the way you write strong caring Tony. Love your usual deft touches with all the characters and their voices. The flashback had my stomach churning and you could really picture the scene as the team approached Gibbs house... and I was 'oh no!' at the blood trail.

So many bits stood out, but I'm gonna try and keep it short! 'Abby felt like she'd lived a lifetime in hours.' *really poignant and powerful phrase*

"I think someone has him," she said softly, as if trying to absorb the magnitude of what she was saying. *eek*

He'd been to that many crime scenes now that there were few things that could shock him anymore. But this was Gibbs' house, they had no idea what was going on and every thought that raced through his mind told him that there was something seriously wrong. *You conveyed their anxiety really well, that this was no ordinary crime scene and how difficult that was for them to deal with, but yet they still had to stay professional.*

Tony also knew he had to provide some kind of stability for the rest of the team. *you made us really feel for Tony here and with the phone call he's about to make, suddenly thrust into the team lead role which he's more than capable of but it forms a whole new dimension when it's Gibbs that's missing*
thorsfriend chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
Ohhh blood trail and no Gibbs cant wait for next chapter
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
A great start to your story. I look forward to the next chapter.
270 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18