Reviews for Fear
luminosity45 chapter 21 . 8/9/2012
What a lovely chapter to have waiting for me when I woke up this morning! I have been enjoying the story, just don't always review.
bbfan chapter 21 . 8/9/2012
Wow! That was incredibly hot! I knew their first time would be hot, fast and hard! How could it not be?! So much sexual tension had taken place over the years and not to mention the abduction!

wetGibbs! coming up! Woohoo! Does a happy dance!
WithTheGrain chapter 10 . 8/8/2012
Such a strong beginning to this chapter, and I love that it starts with Gibbs’ POV. You really let us see what his thoughts are concerning Abby. From his nightmare centering around losing her to how much he needs her now. This line… Abby was the only thing that had given him the strength to endure what he had, she was his lifeline and without realizing it, she had saved his life… (This really conveys how much his feelings have changed for Abby and how strongly he feels about her now.)

It’s such a joy to read how their relationship has the same elements as always with the teasing and flirting, but now with the added intimacy. You write it so naturally, making it easy for the reader to feel.

Tony’s interruption was perfect in that it’s so typical, but also, not perfect because of the ‘moment’ he interrupted! You always do a marvelous job with Tony’s character!

Love the decision Abby made to go home with Gibbs. This bit… Abby thought she saw her future reflected in his expressive blue eyes… (lovely)
WithTheGrain chapter 9 . 8/8/2012
An excellent chapter with a real soothing feel to it. After everything Gibbs had been through, with the vivid descriptions you gave during his abduction, I like that you didn’t play down his injuries. You did a wonderful job of writing what his current condition was like through Abby’s eyes. And I could feel her anguish as she looked at him, lying there with the monitor and the bandages on his body. Your writing also really brought out how Abby was coping, with little sleep, and finally being together again with the man she loves. This is such a powerful line… To be here, in the same room with him meant more to her than the air in her own lungs.

The dialogue throughout this chapter was very much in character. I love that their conversation was very open and honest and they didn’t let any more time go by before confessing their true feelings. This line… For me, the risk is letting each day go by without you when I know we could be together.

Love that they are finally realizing that being happy is worth the risk and this line… "Been a while since I could say I was happy," he sighed… (It’s heartbreaking to think of just how long it’s been for him.)

Your description of them laying together and their first kisses was so captivating, I had tingles! The entire part with them alone together and talking is so tender and very healing for both of them. Love the way you ended this chapter with Ducky and Fornell and Fornell’s words really convey what a close friend his is. I really got the feeling that this chapter is a big turning point in this story with everyone finally getting relief and rest plus the beginning of something new for Gibbs and Abby. Love the last line, so touching.
sandlinerica chapter 20 . 8/8/2012
More please!
Talldi chapter 20 . 8/7/2012
I need another shower!
Ron's Sweetie chapter 20 . 8/7/2012
Great new chapter I love you're story please up date as soon as you can
titousphinx chapter 20 . 8/7/2012
Always great . It's so hard to wait for the next chapter !
ncis4ever21 chapter 20 . 8/7/2012
Omg why'd you stop there! Ugh. Now I can't wait til the next one. Hope you update soon.
bbfan chapter 20 . 8/7/2012
I'm glad Abby realizes that she needs Gibbs to help her through all this. She can't keep it bottled up, because she'll retreat within herself and that wouldn't be good. She's a lot like Gibbs in that way and he recognizes it. He knows how it can eat at you. He doesn't want that for her.

Gah... "Let's take this upstairs... 'bout time I made you mine." Swoons! Can't wait for next chapter!
gosgirl chapter 20 . 8/7/2012
Once again, another superb chapter. I really like the way you're tackling how Abby is dealing with the aftermath too. Some really perceptive insights covering how things have affected her and continue to do so. She feels things so deeply that even now she know he's safe, she's still got her own demons to deal with. All through this story, I've loved the emphasis on it's never going to be a quick recovery, physically, mentally or emotionally.

And I love how you're making her the reason he's not 'doing' a Gibbs and retreating into himself and shutting everyone out - a nice acknowledgement that her decision that night to reveal her feelings and the ordeal with Hastings, were a catalyst for so many things... "That alone showed him just how much of an impact Abby was already having in his life."

And again, I love how you're dealing with every aspect of the time they're together in detail - you're giving us a real feel for the recovery they're both going through and the tentative beginnings of their relationship.

And that final scene was a wonderful mix of tenderness and hotness... building up the sexual tension nicely, and understandable that everything would suddenly overwhelm Abby... and possessive Gibbs is just hot! "Let's take this upstairs...'bout time I made you mine." *flails*... And yes, you had to go and leave it there, didn't you?! *narrows eyes*... smuttus interruptus...

Some of many fav lines and again so hard to narrow it down but I shall keep it short, coz you know I like to ;)... He'd spent a lot of time thinking about how Abby fit into his future, how he wanted and needed her in his life, he also couldn't forget what Ducky had told him. She'd suffered just as much as he had and Gibbs could no longer wait for her to bring up how some things were clearly still affecting her... *love that we see Gibbs looking to the future for once instead of wallowing in the past.*

What Ducky and Tony had said to Gibbs about the way Abby had reacted to his abduction had knocked the wind right out of him *very insightful... again, Gibbs doesn't get sometimes how much he means to people*

As much as she wanted him to help her, Abby had held onto the belief that by dealing with what she'd gone through on her own she was lessening the burden on him *so Abby this... trying not to load everything onto him... she's as stubborn as he is sometimes!*

"caring for her came as naturally to Gibbs as breathing."... *lovely line*

Loved both of these..."Worries me more when I don't know what's going on. And it might have been out of my control then, but it's not now." "We don't carry the burdens alone anymore, okay?"... in fact, the whole thing with Gibbs being the one to urge Abby to share things... him being the one to initiate them talking. That alone with our functional mute says a lot how much he's determined it's going to be different this time and I love the subtle ways you're pointing that out.

And this! "He wanted her to be the center of his life, just as Ducky had said he had become the center of Abby's." *sums it up nicely*
Anon chapter 20 . 8/6/2012
Lovely chapter. You have such talent
CairnSF chapter 20 . 8/6/2012
Been away for a vacation and found all these new chapters waiting for me when I got home and they are so good! I love how you make Gibbs and Abby slowly discover each other and deal with the mental en physical pain, the way they grow into their relationship. Can't wait to find out what else they will learn about each other ;).
Westie80 chapter 20 . 8/6/2012
You had to stop it there didn't you!? More please
fart fart chapter 20 . 8/6/2012