Reviews for A Whisper and a Prayer
NarwhalWarlord chapter 1 . 4/13
Top. Bloody. Notch.

No really, great job. I enjoyed this. Made me feel all fluffy inside.
Skarlettefox chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
Nooo, dont make me cry!
Really good though
Skyfullofstars chapter 1 . 7/3/2012
I have only read a few Star Wars fan fics...but your name popped up and naturally I RAN (er, I proceeded to get a cup of coffee and sit quietly back down to have a bit of a read) okay, I freaking RAN to read it.

"...Obi...no he was Ben Kenobi now, skirted through the heaving crowds of Mos Eisley.

No-one paid attention to his slight form, his face shrouded in shadow by the rough garments of the locals and not for the first time he was glad; glad that Tatooine was far enough from the centre of the galaxy and so strongly in the hands of the Hutts that even the Empire wanted little to do with it. Apart from the occasional stray trooper, all of whom were swiftly and cleanly dealt with, he had very little trouble in his exile.."

LOVED THE WAY THIS ONE started...and loved that line above..."..all of whom were swiftly and cleanly dealt with..."

"...Another great mind was lost to the galaxy and he hadn't even felt it, the pulsing darkness of Palpatine's regime was making it near-on impossible for him to get any connection with the force at the present..."

AND I LOVE the idea, the premise, that Those who wield THE FORCE are NOT all knowing and all seeing...that Palpatine's evil can act as a shroud over their thoughts and emotions...

"...His eyes prickled, hot and wet. They had survived so much, together and apart, the idea that she could be gone, that he would never see that smile or argue with….something caught in his throat and for a second he couldn't breath..."

AND THAT WAS JUST such an angsty line and I felt for Ben so much.

I was sad to read that dreaded "C" word at the top...Complete. But I liked this interlude in Ben's life very much indeed.

You managed to paint an entire well-thought out scene in few words and I could "see" all of it happening as it happened.

EXCELLENT ENDING LINE, too.
Jedi Kay-Kenobi chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Awww, that was utterly heartwrenching! Obi-Wan always loses the ones he loves. His tragedy is truely beautiful but ultimately devastating. :'(
CatnessEverdeenismyhero chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Holy Cow. What an awesome story. I could see from the top, that you are saying it is complete. And it's probably just fine that way. But I could see this being the beginning of a bitter/sweet love story told in flashback that, from the beginning the reader knows is doomed because of what is told in the first chapter, but still they want to follow because the story's so cool.

Great job!
Roque Amadi chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Poor Obi! This was really good, love your writing style :)
LadySaxophone chapter 1 . 6/30/2012
Perfect. I always wondered if their romance went on past the prequels. This was absolutely heartwrenching. Well done!