Reviews for Three Months in Paris
Life'sDeath7 chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
Wonderful amazing and also gave me an amazing idea for a story too that I hope that I will write some time write more stories about Tru and Jack I love your way with plots and Congratulations!
AmethystB chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
By the way, that was me posting that review... silly signed me out for some reason.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Okay...wow. I read this a week ago in one go and I went away to my gather my thoughts before reviewing. This was absolutely phenomenal, and I’ll tell you why: I believed it. I believed that Tru and Jack had met before and embarked on this journey together before the events of the series. You slotted everything in perfectly so it seemed plausible that this had happened once upon a time. The characterisations were spot on and the layers you gave both characters, but especially Jack, added more depth to the Life/Death mythology. In the series, Jack’s back-story was always so interesting to me, because we were given little snippets but most of it was left a mystery. I love that you carried on with this a little bit, in the beginning where Jack is shut-down about his life and family, which he was in the series (until he opened up about his sister).

I still haven’t watched the two films but once I sort out university for the semester I’ll endeavour to track them down (I still have a local video store and I have actually seen both of those movies there) so once I do that we can talk about them :)

Also, this is a small thing, but I was happy to see Lindsay! TC went through a major cast shift halfway through its first season, and Lindsay kind of dissolved a little bit then disappeared after the finale, but she was such a great divider of tone; the show could be so dark sometimes, and AJ Cook definitely brightened up some of the episodes. I also loved her (doomed) relationship with Harrison, but that’s just me :P

The second half of your story, where it became a continuation of the series, was again spot on. I believe the animosity between Jack and Tru would have dissolved after Jensen’s death and the two would come to understand one another more deeply. The parallels the series introduced between the first and second seasons, from Luc and Jensen’s respective deaths to the different sides of Fate, are most striking to me and I love to imagine how Tru would react after the “Jensen thing”, and how different (or similar) that would be to how she reacted after Luc’s death. I was watching parts of “Two Weddings and a Funeral” last night before bed (I had a dream I had the Calling after that, so it seeped into my subconscious...) and the show ends on a mission statement and a clear divide between Callings. But with Jensen Jack was trying to make Tru understand how she messes with the universe, and if the show had continued past episode 6, I believe Tru would have come to Jack for help. So it’s interesting to see other people’s perceptions and imaginings, and I know we’ve said this many times before, but I think our visions for the show are very similar.

I have to say, I was worried towards the end... when the Powers That Be came along and told the two that their union was wrong and that Fate would not stand for it. I kept thinking they were going to take Kalea! I’m glad it had a happy ending though, but it does leave room for reader imagination, which I think is the best thing any writer can offer.

I’ll leave this review here but I’m hoping to respond to your PM real soon and I’ll add more of my ramblings there, so stay tuned :)

Finally, well done on writing this! This must have been a huge endeavour for you and I’m honoured to be a part of those out there reading it!

Until next time, take care :)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/6/2012
this fanfic is awesome. I went to the end which should prove that, it's really long so it HAS to be good if readers stayed until the end. There were some minor parts of diologue that I thought didn't fully fit the characters but like I said, minor. I thought the story as a whole was amazing. I loved reading it. I hope you do more TC fanfic in the future. I'll be looking forward to reading more of your stories.